TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Sebastian_the_Bastard

THE STATE

This show was downright hilarious. If you like Kids in the Hall or the Upright Citizens Brigade, you'd love this. They only had about nine episodes or so before they got cancelled though.

Anyone remember?

Love,

Sebastian the Bastard

Guest y2jailbait

Yes, yes i do. The best memory out of that show i can try to remember was the casts rendition of "let It Be" by the beatles.

Guest Spaceman Spiff

"I want to dip my BALLS in it!"

"I'm outta heee-eee-eere!"

Guest razazteca

"I'm Doug and your not, I'm out of he-re" was a great character. It was like Kids in the Hall without the gay jokes.

Guest J*ingus

I only ever saw one segment from this show, and that was enough to make me not want to see it again. It was two guys with really bad Italian accents, dancing listlessly in front of a rubber kiddie pool which was filled with $200 worth of pudding. There were NO jokes, they just kept talking about how they had $200 worth of pudding over and over again. Stupid beyond words, and I never watched any more, no matter how many people tell me that the show was hilarious.

Guest TUS_02

If you want to see what some of the fella's from the State are up to... find the movie "Wet Hot American Summer"

It's directed by David Wain (Cast member) and stars fellow State members Michael Showalter, Joe Lo Turgio, Ken Marino, Michael Ian Black. It also stars Jeannne Garaffalo, Molly Shannon, Chris Meloni (Keller from Oz) and Amy Poehler from UCB. It's a funny fucking movie and I would highly recomend it to anyone who liked the State.

"I want to dip my BALLS in it!"

"I'm outta heee-eee-eere!"

HA!!! I had forgotten about Doug!!

Louie was always my favorite skits. ha, I always go around saying "I wanna dip my balls in it!" and get the funniest reactions.

Love,

Sebastian the Bastard

Guest Anubis Puppet

Some of my favorite sketches:

Taco Man

Dan, the Very Popular and Openly Gay High School Student

The Upside-Down House

In the Bathroom

Freaks

Kill Tim

Senator Cavanaugh

Service With a Smile

...and many more, which can all be viewed at Statemedia.net.

Guest Youth N Asia

$200 worth of pudding?...what are you talking about?

It was $240 worth of puddin...awww yeah!!

Was it Lavon or Lamont?

Doug was great

What about the skit at the home for orphaned kids...the priest convinces the kid he's invincible like superman and gets him to jump out the window

The upside down house was brutal...didn't the kid break his neck or something running up (or down?) the stairs?

Now THIS is something that should be on dvd.

Guest JohnSkins

The State was fucking badassed, my personal favorite sketch was the "hunting for muppets". THey would hunt and kill muppets and cook them for dinner. Classic, they should release THAT on DVD.

Guest red_file

Nothing beat Old Fashion Guy.

"Call me old fashioned, but I only believe I one true god. And his name is Zoltar. And he lives in that lake."

Guest Prototype450

The Upside Down House was great.

Youth N Asia, the son broke his neck trying to take a crap. IF you remeber he had his pants down next to toliet paper I believe.

The dad was screaming his head off

"Why God? Why!? Damn this upside down house damn it to hell! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!"

(Something to that effect)