TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Blackston

College Football for 10/5

Guest Blackston

Sorry, I don't have the time to write out everything, but here are my predictions.

Missouri over Oklahoma

Wisconsin over Penn State

Florida State over Clemson

Alabama over Georgia

USC over Washington State

UConn over Miami.... Just kidding...

Guest phoenixrising

If UConn only loses by 28 or so can we still call it a win?

Ah, conference season. The season where all teams are considered equal. This is when the upsets happen...teams overlook one of the lesser foes and BAM they got a loss. The conference races look particularly good in the Pac-10 (stacked from top to bottom), Big Ten (same as Pac-10, a number of well-matched teams), SEC (especially in the West) and Big 12 (some of the top teams haven't looked all that good, and some teams like Iowa State want to join the top teams).

By the way, does anyone know what would happen if Alabama and Kentucky won their respective divisions. Both are on probation. Would they get to play in the SEC Championship game? A valid question, since both teams look like contenders right now.

Guest AlwaysPissedOff

Nah, Phoenix. Unfortunately, being on probation means you don't go to the conference championship game, even if you are heads and tails above the rest in your division(see Auburn in the 80's). But dammit, Bama's ranked, BABY!!!! I so happy...

^_^

Guest Vern Gagne

When was the last time Alabama and Georgia played.

Heisman Top 3

1.Seneca Wallace

2.Charles Rogers

3.Ken Dorsey

Missouri over Oklahoma?

ARE YOU SMOKING CRACK????

Come on man! Missouri lost to Bowling Friggin' Green, they won't beat OU!

but Baylor's 29 game Big 12 losing streak will end when they beat Kansas.

Heck, Baylor is 2-47 in the Big 12 in games not against Kansas. Pretty sad, eh?

Guest phoenixrising

FSU beat Clemson...nice way to bounce back for FSU. I was really impressed though with Willie Simmons and Derrick Hamilton from Clemson. Simmons can both run and throw with equal skill, and Hamilton looks like an awfully good reciever and returner. FSU made the second half adjustments this week and blew Clemson away...Greg Jones practically RAN OVER the ENTIRE Clemson defense not once, but TWICE.

BTW, what was up with Bowden pulling Rix in the third quarter for a series? He put McPhearson in after Rix had the wind knocked out of him and left him in for a couple of series...which wasn't all that suspicious since Rix could have been hurt worse than thought. Then Bowden put McPhearson back in the third quarter, after Rix had been doing reasonably well? Bob Toledo was doing that earlier this year with Drew Olson, sticking him in at weird points to get him game experience, but has said this will stop now that the conference season is here. Just seemed weird to me.

Guest Vern Gagne

Missouri won't beat Oklahoma..but it wouldn't shock me if its close. Oklahoma plays Texas and might be lookin ahead.

Guest phoenixrising

Oklahoma doesn't look as strong as it has the past two years. I don't know if Missouri can beat them though.

Red River Shootout will be interesting though. Oklahoma hasn't looked strong, but Texas has been playing down to the level of its opponents and hasn't looked all that great either.

Guest Blackston

I dunno guys, I've just got a feeling about Missouri in this one. Oklahoma is looking past the Tigers. Losing to Bowling Green (although it was a pretty dominating loss), is not as bad as you guys might think, as Bowling Green is clearly the class of the MAC West, and Missouri had to travel to BG for that game... That is always a tough matchup, just ask Minnesota last year (had to play Toledo in the Glass Bowl last year). Oklahoma has got tons of talent, but I think that they are ripe for an upset... and Missouri has the guns to pull it off.

Guest thesmartmark
When was the last time Alabama and Georgia played.

1994 Bama beat Georgia 31-0. All time the Tide is 8-0 at home.

Oklahoma will probably beat Missouri, but I have no idea of the others.

Guest phoenixrising

Anyone see the little stunt by some Oklahoma fans to get the team fired up for Missouri. Apparently worried that Oklahoma would be looking past Missouri, some Sooner fans sent an article supposedly written by Missouri coach Gary Pinkel to the Oklahoma staff. Their disclaimer was that it shouldn't be used as bulletin board material, which is funny cause I think sending an article dissing Oklahoma would be bulletin board. Anyway, the letter supposedly had Pinkel saying that Oklahoma was unimpressive against South Florida and that several MAC teams were better than Oklahoma. It was of course a fraud, because of messed up capitilizations and other mistakes. ESPN showed it, wonder if anyone else has picked up on it.

Two other cases of "bulletin board material":

On a radio program, a former Georgia alum and former Auburn Coach (can't recall his name - Ivy I think) claimed that Alabama would win because they were more manly than Georgia was.

In another incident, Colorado hit KSU back for KSU's notorious practice of hiding injuries by posting a few tidbits in their own. Examples: Roy Hobbs out (gunshot wounds), Vito Corleone out (five gunshot wounds), Dark Knight out (multiple amputations). Pretty funny stuff.

Guest thesmartmark
Two other cases of "bulletin board material":

On a radio program, a former Georgia alum and former Auburn Coach (can't recall his name - Ivy I think) claimed that Alabama would win because they were more manly than Georgia was.

The Alums name was Pat Dye. He and The Bear had some good games back in Bama's hay days of the late 70's early 80's. He was actually talking about Alabama's defensive line. But most of the guys that I gamble with and I think Dye did it to pump up the Georgia team.

Guest Vern Gagne

Texas is the most gutless team in the country. They play to the level of their opponents every game. Chris Simms is immobile and had trouble against Oklahoma St., what's gonna happen next week against Oklahoma.

Guest hardyz1

Well, I was half right, at least.

Can't the Irish win a game decisively the whole way through for once? I was having heart palpatations until the third quarter.

Is Rutgers on the schedule? I don't think so, I'll check...yep, November 23, the day after I turn 20. I always love a good Rutgers-thrashing. I could've sworn I heard someone say we played Tennessee this year, but oh well, I won't complain.

Guest hardyz1

One more thing: On the schedule page I looked at, it says Notre Dame plays Penn State in 2006. Holy fuck I can't wait.