TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest bps "The Truth" 21

A somewhat important question heading into week 8

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

When Ron Simmons won the world title...it was a WCW title...and not a part of the NWA lineage.

I don't think a black man has EVER held that title in the entire history of the NWA.

I may be wrong...as my knowledge of the pre 1948 (when it became the NWA title) lineage is limited to names on a page in the PWI almanac...but I don't think it has happened.

So Wednesday the Truth has an opportunity to win that very title.

I may be wrong...so someone please correct me if I am.

But if I am right...then maybe he will win...I mean...his whole angle is a semi-racist feuled thing...and they started using his real name this week...so the title lineage wouldn't have the name "The Truth" or "K-Krush" on it.

What do you think?

Guest J*ingus

No black man has ever held the NWA World Title, no. There have been several Japanese champions (Baba, Fujinami, Chono, Muta, Ogawa, and Hashimoto), plus whatever the hell race Sabu is, but no African linneages. Bruno Sammartino was about as dark-skinned and curly-haired as they got.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

HA!

I just pmed you to see if you knew.

I think that this would be a pretty significant thing.

I mean...it may not have the luster that it used too...but it's the NWA title...

Guest Ravenbomb

Yeah, but I don't think that Truith guy is gonna win. I mean, why would they give a guy who's gimmick is promoting the hazards of smoking the world title?

Guest pete

Ron Simmons held the WCW title which some people give lineage to the NWA title. Also I thought Carlos Colon held it for a day or so but he's Puerto Rican.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

NWA pulled their lineage rom WCW.

The belt that WCW claimed to have NWA lineage was the "international" title that Rude and Flair fought over.