TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dangerous A

SuperBrawl 92

Guest Dangerous A

I picked this up off ebay along with WrestleWar 92. I have only got to watch the first match with Jushin Liger vs Flyin Brian. Man, easy ****1/2 match to open. Plus Jesse Ventura was OFF THE PAGE with his color commentary alongside JR.

Have any of you seen this card and am I in store for some good stuff? Also, how was WrestleWar 92 if any of you have seen that as well. I've heard from someone that I have 2 bad ass cards on 1 tape.

Guest pete

Super Brawl 92 was great. You had Pillman/Liger 4 1/2* You had Steiners/Eaton/Anderson 3 1/4*, Austin/Zbyszco/Rhodes/Windham 3 1/2*

Steamboat/Rude 2 1/4* and Sting Luger 1 1/2* world title change. Luger is roided at this time. Check all the acne on his back. I know that is nasty to point out but whatever. Overall a real enjoyable show. I saw it when it first aired. I was a STING mark at age 18. I remember being bloen away by Liger. Wrestlewar 92 was crappy except for 3 matches the war games main event was actually around 5*, Zenk vs Pillman was aroun 3 3/4* and the Steiners faced some Japaneese team and that was around 4*

Guest Tony149

Pete pretty much hit the nail on the head. You got two good shows.

I'm not sure if you got the commerical or PPV version of the tapes. Superbrawl 2 is edited (Pillman/Liger got clipped) on the Turner Home Entertainment version. You'll know if it's the PPV version if you have the Terry Taylor/Bagwell match with the ring announcer in basketball shorts (it's not Cappetta. Some contest winner who used to do skits on David Letterman's old NBC show), Vennie Vegas tag match, Ron Simmons match.

Wrestle War would be forgettable if not for three kickass matches. Pillman/Zenk, Steiners & WarGames matches.

Guest Dangerous A

It is the ppv version because I got Liger/Pillman in full and there was some dorky kid in basketball shorts announcing the next match.

Guest dreamer420

i love jr and the body doing commentary together. they had a great chemistry. The pillman/liger match was brilliant too.

Guest HartFan86

I own Superbrawl 2. Love it. Highest Recommendation.

K. Allen Frey was awesome. Giving out bonuses to the people who had the best matches was so fucking smart on this part. That's just fucking brilliant. If he had stayed around, WWF would be dead today.

Guest Drury37

Oh K.Allen Frye was awesome,I think there was two PPVs and one WCW Clash of the Champions while he was in the WCW and all three were just awesome!!!

Thanks.

Guest Tony149

K. Allen knew little about wrestling, but had some pretty good ideas. Mostly the bonus for best match idea.

I wonder what happened to him. I heard he's a professor now.

Guest Drury37

You have a point there,he might not have been the best wrestling wise but he was a good busy man and that might have actually been better than what they had going on in WCW at the time and with WCW most of the time.

Thanks.

Guest HartFan86
K. Allen knew little about wrestling

And Vince Russo does? Who cares. He may not have known shit about wrestling, but he sure as he knew what to do to make a company successful. It's too bad he lasted only 3 or so months.

Guest Tony149
And Vince Russo does? Who cares. He may not have known shit about wrestling, but he sure as he knew what to do to make a company successful. It's too bad he lasted only 3 or so months.

First of all, Russo has nothing to do with this. But if you really want to get technical...he was a fan as a kid. So he knew something.

Secondly, I thought Frey did a good job. But when you don't know who Ric Flair is; the guy who carried the promotion for many years, then that's a problem. Not a big one, but one nonetheless.

Guest Your Olympic Hero
K. Allen knew little about wrestling, but had some pretty good ideas. Mostly the bonus for best match idea.

I wonder what happened to him. I heard he's a professor now.

Russo probably had him murdered. God forbid anyone do anything to make wrestling enjoyable.

Guest HartFan86

First of all, Russo has nothing to do with this. But if you really want to get technical...he was a fan as a kid. So he knew something.

I think you just answered my own question. Obviously Russo has nothing to do with this, but when someone like Frey has no knowledge of the wrestling business and Vince Russo does and Frey does a better job then Vince has done probably in all his years in wrestling...well, there you go.

I didn't know that about how he didn't know who Flair was...that's...weird. But what did it matter? Flair was in the WWF by then. Maybe he just didn't care about the past and wanted to do with the present, who knows.

Guest Tony149

The Flair comment was around a time rumors started about Flair possibly going back to WCW.

The rumor ended up being true...months later. Flair was on his way back in Jan. '93. Officially returning to WCW in Feb. 93 at Superbrawl III.