TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TSMAdmin

The Smart Marks News Update

Guest TSMAdmin

What’s up, pah-tay people? Yeah, yeah… this should have been done on Sunday, but shit happens, ya know? Namely, my dad used the business line after I got off of it after gathering some news and he didn’t hang up the damn phone properly. SO when I tried to get back on later last night, I kept getting a busy signal and since my internet connection runs through the business line, I was frucked big time. Gotta love Mr. Murphy, eh? On a totally unrelated note, I just got End of Evangelion Friday and I must say that while the feature itself was fucking AWESOME, the sad fact that it’s a friggin’ barebones disc pisses me the fuck off.. Just ONE lousy commentary track? Fuck, Death & Rebirth was a fucking double-sided disc with a shitload of extras and they can’t even bother to put more than ONE commentary track on the disc? Fuck that and fuck Manga if they think stringing along US fans on a movie that people have been waiting YEARS to see and then finally releasing it here with jackshit in the way of extras? What bullshit. Also, just because pissing me off wasn’t enough, a buddy of mine from board, Kagato Otauka(sp?), just told me that some of the End of Eva discs are messed up and freeze during the chapter menus and the feature itself, but that’s not the kicker. Manga, fully knowing this, hasn’t said a DAMN THING about it! No, “We’re sorry, but the End of Eva DVD has some problems, so we’ll release it when we fix all the bugs and throw on some extras!”, just ignorance of the fact and shafting the paying customer. Just priceless, I tell ya. It’ll be a LONG FUCKING TIME before Manga gets any more of my hard-earned money.

Quick football note: My beloved Jags are 2-1, but man… I’m dreading next week with good reason as they are facing Philidelphia, almost a guranteed loss, but I still retain hope, though. And the Crimson Tide(4-1) are actually ranked this week, debuting at #22, which is great. Hopefully, there won’t be another bullshit QB controversy like the one that fucked up the team some the last couple of years. I’m still not sold on Tyler Watts and think Croyle should be getting the starting nod since he’s done nothing but good things so far at the helm of the Tide offense. One thing that blows is that Ahmed Galloway is finished 4 games into his senior year because that guy was a great RB. I hope he at least gets looked at by some pro scouts.

With all that crap out of the way, time for a quick jaunt through the news…

SI KICKING VINCE WHILE HE’S DOWN

Sports Illustrated recently had an article in their magazine about the recent downswing the WWE has been in for almost a year now and even put up some charts concerning the falling stock price. Well, Vince should most certainly be worried when major media outlets start reporting on how bad business is, but he doesn’t need to overhaul the product AGAIN to try and find the lost fanbase and just work on making the current product as good as it can be. He doesn’t have a dynamic character that can boost ratings no matter how crappy the shows are(and no, RVD is NOT a dynamic character.).

Please credit Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer

HEY… WAITAMINUTE!!!!

In a funny bit, some local promotion in England ran a fake WWE tribute show featuring local workers using names of starts like The Rock, Hollywood Hulk Hogan, Undertaker, and D-Von Dudley(BWAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAA!!!!). Apparently, this group’s been at it for a few years now, but since the act seems tired(like the WWE), they only drew like 300 people to the show. Man, that’s a pretty funny idea. Maybe someone in the US should try that for shits and giggles just to see if it worked.

Please credit Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer

GOT SUSHI?

The WWE is headed back to Japan and this time it’s the RAW brand with notables like Triple H, Ric Flair, RVD, and Eric Bischoff all making the trip over to the Orient. Also included is Hulk Hogan, who not only is on Smackdown, but hasn’t been booked at all since Brock Lesnar destroyed him on Smackdown. Honestly, they should have sent the Smackdown roster because the RAW brand sucks ASS as far as wrestling talent is concerned. The events, scheduled for January 24th and 25th, will be in Tokyo at the Yoyogi National Stadium Gym, according to reports by Yomiuri Sports.

Please credit Mike Johnson of 1wrestling.com

That’s pretty much it since I don’t want to step on Dr. Tom’s toes by reporting Monday stuff on accident, so look for all that in his next edition of The Midweek News and I’ll be back Sunday and hopefully not late and have more stuff to write about. Before I go however, I’d like to give a big-ups to Patrick Spoon on the debut column and remind him that no gets over on this website unless they pimp me to high heaven(Hey… stop laughing, you bastards!). Okay, goofy shit aside, congrats on the column, Spoonerman, hope there’s plenty more to come!

Also be sure to check out RAW from JHawk’s Beak as always, and I’ll see you guys later!

Later, bootches

Byron Vester

The SmartMarks.com

E-mail me at: [email protected]

Sign in to follow this