TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hawk 34

ROH 2/22 (Deer Park) and 2/23 (NYC-6th Year Anniversary)

Deer Park

Main Event #1- Tag Team Challenge

Roderick Strong & Davey Richards vs. Kevin Steen & El Generico

Main Event #2- Bryan Picks Nigel's Opponent - Non-Title

Nigel McGuinness vs. Brent Albright

Main Event #3- Nigel Picks Bryan's Opponent

Bryan Danielson vs. Rocky Romero

Shiozaki's US Debut

Erick Stevens vs. Go Shiozaki

First Time Ever

Austin Aries vs. Joey Matthews

Special Attraction Match

Tyler Black vs. The Human Tornado

Tag Team Bonus Match

Jigsaw & Ruckus with Julius Smokes & Mercedes Martinez vs. Jimmy Jacobs & Necro Butcher with Lacey

The debut of Larry Sweeney's talk show segment plus more!!!

NYC

ROH World Title Match

Nigel McGuinness defends vs. Bryan Danielson

No DQ FIP World Heavyweight Title Match

Roderick Strong defends vs. Erick Stevens vs. The Necro Butcher

ROH World Tag Team Title Match

Rocky Romero & Davey Richards defend vs. Ruckus & Jigsaw with Julius Smokes

SHIMMER Title Match

Sara Del Rey defends vs. Daizee Haze

First Time Ever

Austin Aries vs. Go Shiozaki

Grudge Match

El Generico vs. Brent Albright

Special Challenge Match

Kevin Steen vs. Joey Matthews

Special Attraction

Delirious vs. Human Tornado

Tammy Sytch will be there signing autographs!!!

Also scheduled to appear: The Age Of The Fall of Jimmy Jacobs & Tyler Black with Lacey

And the weather DID destroy tonight's show! The card got thrown out in favor of a one night tournament. The results are still coming in over at the ROH board, and they sound decent thus far.

Still, I hope ROH is taking notes, because this is the second time this has happened in the last three months. They might be wise to book less shows in wintery areas.

On the pre-show Kyle Durden & Rhett Titus defeating Alex Payne and Ernie Osiris after a powerbomb/splash combination.

The main show began:

Bryan Danielson defeated Rocky Romero to advance in the tournament after making Romero tap to a variation of the fujiwara armbar.

Kevin Steen defeated Delirious to advance in the tournament after a swanton bomb.

El Generico defeated Austin Aries with a roll up to advance in the tournament.

Go Shiozaki defeated the Necro Butcher after a moonsault to advance in the tournament.

Kevin Steen pulled an upset by defeating Bryan Danielson to advance to the finals of the tournament after making Danielson tap out to the sharpshooter.

Go Shiozaki was able to pull out a victory over El Generico to also advance to the finals against Kevin Steen.

In a non tournament match Jason Blade won a four corner survival match beating Pelle Primeau, Mitch Franklin and The Human Tornado when he pinned Franklin after a pumphandle driver.

Ruckus and Jigsaw defeated Zach Gowen and Jimmy Jacobs when Ruckus pinned Gowen after a moonsault legdrop. Zack Gowen was a member of the AOTF for one night only.

Kevin Steen pulled out another upset by pinning Go Shiozaki after two package piledrivers to win the tournament and the title shot at a later ROH event.

Credit: Indywrestlingnews.com

Nothing says rebellion like Zach Gowen, baby! He beat The Big Show. He's a superstar.

Also, they're teasing that if The Vulture Squad don't win the Tag Titles, Smokes will make Jigsaw unmask. Weather permitting.

And I haven't seen this posted here either, but Chris Sabin and Alex Shelley are booked for the shows in April... uh, weather permitting.

It's intresting to see them bringing the MCMG in again, even if it's just for a double shot. I always thought it was a real shame Shelley never got to live up to his potential in ROH, be it in GenNext or The Embassy his sporadic appearances and injuries always meant that he never won the big one. I'm a mark for both Sabin and Shelley so look forward to seeing them back in ROH.

Main Show

Delirious vs.Human Tornado is up now.Huge Tornado chant starts.Dance off between Delirious and Tornado.They wrestle with music.Out comes AOTF without Necro.Lacey slaps Delirious.Out comes Daizee Haze.She beats on Lacey.And now Delirious gets involved.Delirious,Tornado clean house on the AOTF.Match is ruled a no contest.

Delirious and Human Tornado vs.Jimmy Jacobs and Tyler Black is up now.Black and Jacobs win when Jacobs makes Tornado tap to End Time.Delirious chases off the AOTF with a hairpick.

Nigel out to cut a promo.Nigel says he's ready.He says Danielson is reckless.Crowd starts chanting "You're gonna get your ****ing head kicked in."Nigel says he's putting his health first...he's worried about who will main event the PPV..Nigel goes full blown heel.Nigel says he won't defend the belt cause the fans won't care when he's a vegetable.Out comes Danielson.Danielson defends the honor of the belt.Danielson says no tv,no 40 years of history because the title is important because everyone works their ass off to win the belt.Everyone from Aries to Punk who worked their ass off for the belt.Its even for Daniels and Strong who tried to win the belt.Danielson agrees to not attack the head.Danielson gives his word amd its not like Morishima's promise but it'll be OK cause I am the best wrestler in the world.

El Generico vs. Brent Albright is up now.Albright wins with knees to head.Match ends due to ref stoppage.

Larry Sweeney talk show segment is up now.Guest is none other than the returning...Allison Danger.Sweeney asks her if she's a huge slut.Sweeney hits Danger.He lays her out and says Bobby can become a man.He lays out Dempsey on top of her.Sweet and Sour Inc. announce a hostile takover of ROH.Segment over.

Kevin Steen vs. Joey Matthews is up now.Matthews is working WWE style and its pissing the crowd off.Steen wins when Matthews taps to the sharpshooter.No handshake between the two post-match.Steen mimmicks a crybaby.

Go Shiozaki vs. Austin Aries is up now.Aries defeats Shiozaki with a brainbuster/450 combo for the win.Post-match Tyler Black and Jimmy Jacobs are up in the balcony trying to persuade Aries to join The Age Of The Fall.Tammy Sytch comes out and interrupts the recruitment.Tammy recruits Aries.She offers him "more".Aries says I will take my time to decide.Leaves.

Return Date for next NYC show is Saturday May 10th at The Hammerstein Ballroom

Intermission

Shimmer Title Match:Sara Del Rey vs. Daizee Haze is up now.Del Rey retains over Daizee Haze with the Royal Butterfly.

ROH World Tag Team Title Match with Davey Richards and Rocky Romero vs.Ruckus and Jigsaw is up now.Richards and Romero win when Davey hits a sitout powerbomb for the win on Jigsaw.After the match Jigsaw refused to take off the mask and left.Kevin Steen and El Generico are in the crowd with a mic.Steen and Generico challenge the NRC to a fight and want a title shot.The NRC accept and then run when Steen and Generico hit the ring and Steen and Generico chase them to the back.

No DQ FIP World Heavyweight Title Match

Roderick Strong defends vs. Erick Stevens vs. The Necro Butcher is up now.Strong retains the title win he pins Necro.Match is said to be a brutal brawl.

ROH World Title Match

Nigel McGuinness defends vs. Bryan Danielson is up now.Nigel hits the ref and gets DQ'ed.Aries and all the babyfaces come out and demand Nigel wrestle or go through all of them.The match is restarted.Amazing match.Nigel is busted open really bad.Nigel retains over Danielson when Nigel makes Danielson tap to The London Dungeon.

Awesome show. The only bad match was Mathews vs Steen. I was looking forward to this but it sucked. The match was about 10 minutes and Mercury was sweating as if he'd been in the ring for 30+ minutes. It just seemed like he got tired really quickly. He seemed out of it.

Sunny looked amazing. Ass everywhere during her segment.

CM Punk was hanging out with Becky Bayless watching the show by the stage.

It makes me sad to see AOTF so far from the Tag Team Titles at the moment. Looks like Steen & Generico are next in line for a shot. Whilst AOTF are fairly consistent in their winning ways it doesn't look like they're being positioned for a rematch for the titles in the immediate future.

Sounds like good news in regards to moving to the Hammerstein. What is it, double the size of the current venue?

Ive been there before for concerts and ONS 06 and it's really big compared to the Grand Ballroom. I'd say its bigger than two Grand Ballrooms put together. The are about 2 or 3 rows of balconies and the floor is pretty wide. I didnt grab a ticket last night but I'll be sure to get some eventually.

I too am pretty bummed about AOTF not being in the title picture. Those guys are pretty awesome imo.

So there's a shit storm over the rape angle? Sweeney knocked out Allison Danger and then tells Dempsey to get on her and become a man. The crowd starts cheering Bobby to in fact do it, chanting "Man Up!".

Now it would have been a heel heat seeking angle that would have been largely forgotten, however the crowd encouraging Bobby to have his way with the knocked out Allison Danger just made the whole bit rather creepy and unnerving.

Eh, "rape angle" is stretching it imo. We werent encouraging Dempsey to rape Danger. That's crazy talk. We were egging him on. His character is that of a fat loser wimp and everyone knows he's too scared to touch a girl. Sweeney was just trying to embarrass Dempsey and the crowd was just bein a rowdy crowd. People are blowing this out of proportion on the ROH boards. In no way was this a serious rape angle. Degrading to women? Sure, but it's wrestling and this goes on in wrestling.

Damn, I'm going to be in New York on the 17th. This happened before too, I was a week off being able to go to a show. I don't follow ROH really closely or anything but the December 2005 NYC show I went to was an awesome experience.

Yeesh. Yeah, that sucks. The lack of build for the unmasking REALLY bothers me since it could obviously be so much better than this. We kinda figured out the unmasking would take place in a video wire after it didnt happen during the show, but damn, seeing it really go down like this is such a bummer.

Come on now, it's not like Gabe has ever given us a reason to believe he follows "booking 101."

Jigsaw unmasking on the videowire? Not the smartest move in the world, since it's not as dramatic as it taking place in front of a live audience.

However, it's not the dumbest idea in the world either. The videowire has a large (by ROH's standard) audience and they got to do the angle without sarcastic chants.

Would have liked more build, but oh well, it's not like the world was waiting on the edge of their seat for this.

Would have liked more build, but oh well, it's not like the world was waiting on the edge of their seat for this.

Well I see that, you could argue people aren't that attached to Jigsaw. But then again, how do you get them to care about a character? You give them a reason to with a storyline. If there was one storyline Jigsaw had, it was the unmasking. Now? I dunno.

Well I see that, you could argue people aren't that attached to Jigsaw. But then again, how do you get them to care about a character? You give them a reason to with a storyline. If there was one storyline Jigsaw had, it was the unmasking. Now? I dunno.

Yeah, that's true. I guess this was more of a means just to make Jigsaw fit in with the Vulture Squad more (a group of thugs and a lucha guy, hmmm).

Yeah, that's true. I guess this was more of a means just to make Jigsaw fit in with the Vulture Squad more (a group of thugs and a lucha guy, hmmm).

a lucha guy from BROOKLYN mind you.