TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TSMAdmin

The Crossface

Guest TSMAdmin

The Crossface

We're back this week with the usual suspects and the world of wrestling has left us with plenty to talk about. This week, the panel includes...

Brandon Truitt: The newest member of the Smart Marks who owns a shitload of shoot interviews.

Byron Vester: Catch Byron on Friday nights as he drops in with the news. When the wrestling world really pisses him off, he'll drop in with his Anger Management column.

Damian “The Dames” Gonzalez: Dames keeps busy with the NWA:TNA recaps, the weekend news and whatever else he feels like chipping in with.

Dr. Tom: Tom brings the content every week, providing the reader with his Smackdown recaps, The Mid-Week News and movie reviews!

Fake Razor: Razor has taken over the weekly Heat recaps and drops by every once in a while with The Last Word!

O.R.Polk, Jr.: Polk pulls no punches when bringing you the reviews of the latest DVD's. He also is known for his neverending knowledge of the adult film industry!

Stephen Popick: Fellow moderator of the Crossface, this week Stephen is in the passenger seat.

William Helmick: If you're interested in writing for the Smart Marks, drop William a line. For now, he'll be moderating the discussion.

William: Well, I felt tonight’s RAW was a big improvement over last weeks edition. What are your thoughts on the show?

Brandon: The actual wrestling was about as good as last week; there were just less bad non-wrestling segments because HHH was limited to one promo and Rock saved his ass.

Byron: Personally, I loved the show. Except for the midget humping Bischoff's leg, but that paid off too, so I'm satisfied.

Polk: Eh. Thumbs in the middle. The action was hotter than last week, though.

Fake Razor: RAW was ok, Triple H got a decent pop to start, which is BAD considering he's supposed to be a heel... just more proof that SHOCKING SWERVES are a bad idea. Storm vs. Booker was short but sweet, and the main was decent from what I saw. An improvement from last week.

Polk: Yeah, I'm all for seeing Booker and Storm twice a night.

Byron: I did notice that the crowd was INSANE for Taker tonight.

Stephen: The way they built to the hot tag to the Undertaker was excellent. This was the first time I’ve heard the fans chanting for Taker, or for anyone besides Rocky and RVD, for quite some time.

Dames: By the way, did anyone else notice that HHH's work seemed to improve tonight, working as a heel for the first time since his injury?

Byron: Yeah Dames, he looked a LOT lighter too

Polk: It's only because he actually got to work for a change...heels control the pace.

Dr. Tom: He was also in a match with seven other guys, Dames. He could be protected better but I do think he looked better in the ring.

Brandon: It improved, but it was HEAVILY masked by working in an 8-man tag. Put him in a regular tag match or a singles match and I doubt he'll look that good. Next week might be the test of Rock's carrying skills.

Polk: I *almost* thought HHH was going to job tonight since HHH isn't winning the belt from him before Summerslam.

Brandon: I figured HHH would beat Rock to put heat on next week's match.

Polk: It was pretty funny when JR said no one has helped HHH's career more than HBK. I immediately thought, "Uh,no. Stephanie."

Dames: Yeah, I guess he forgot about McBoobs.

Byron: Also, during the RVD-Hardy match, we saw the seeds of another brother feud.

Brandon: The Hardyz breakup didn't work in December and it won't work now. It's just an excuse to bury Matt and move Jeff up the card.

Polk: Well, I called Matt turning on Jeff immediately after he whined to Bisch. That's like one of those shoot angles...Matt speaks up and gets shitted on while Jeff says nothing and gets pushed.

Brandon: Which means that Jeff will win the feud and Matt will be splitting time with Justin Credible in the dark match slot.

Dr. Tom: Their match against each other was pretty lame, too. I hope they do better this time around. The problem is, no one cares about the Hardys. Jeff is the stick-figure superman who takes the big bumps, but he gets no pop unless he does some "extreme" spot.

Brandon: Yep... I'm getting tired of seeing the Amazing Technicolor Redneck come out to the match glowing under the blacklight. Every time I see it, I have to make a joke about why he's glowing like that.

Dr. Tom: And Matt just has no personality. The yodeling doesn't help, either. I think the fans pop for it because they're trying to drown out the noise.

Byron: They really need to try and have Matt speak like an actual human being for once. The heel turn got heat, which was good, but now they have to positively build on it

Brandon: Matt doesn't have that much of a problem with speaking. Jeff, on the other hand, sounds like all those ladder matches screwed up the speech center of his brain.

Fake Razor: Man, I don't even want to fathom how bad he sounds in his band

Byron: Brandon, what I meant is that Matt speaks like a cardboard cutout and acts like one too

Brandon: Matt the cardboard cutout is still better than his brother, who sounds like someone on a jonze.

Dr. Tom: He probably makes Bob Dylan sound coherent.

William: Don't you think this new feud is a way to redeem the poor showing last year? After all, Lita isn't in the way with her horrible acting skills

Byron: if they want this feud to work, they HAVE to motivate Jeff, some how. He was so pathetic tonight in the RVD match

Fake Razor: They can't run a ground based match either like they tried first time around... If they go for the spot fest, at least they might be able to pull that off.

Dames: How sad is it when Molly getting fucked by Chris Harvard is the more compelling angle to me? Then again.... it is more compelling to me than HHH/HBK.

Fake Razor: Almost anything is right now.

Dr. Tom: The wrestling was good this week, but last week's problem of god-awful non-wrestling segments was eliminated. Mini-dust getting squashed was pretty useless, but who won't laugh at a midget getting smacked around by a couple of fat guys?

Polk: What's up with the Island Boyz new names? Ekmo and Kimo are no more.

Fake Razor: Does it get any lamer than Jamal and Rosie?

Dr. Tom: I can't believe they chose "Rosie."

Byron: Well, Jamal isn't that terrible, but I have to agree that the name "Rosie" sucks.

Polk: Ekmo and Kimo would've been just fine. If it ain't broke, why fix it?

Dr. Tom: They can't have Jamal cut any promos threatening anyone. "Me and Rosie are going to kick your ass!" Yeah, whatever.

Brandon: It's just a curse of stupid booking for these new guys...Prototype or John Cena? Ekmo and Kimo or Jamal and Rosie? They're scrapping perfectly good gimmicks because they're too "bush league" for the WWE

Fake Razor: Leviathan or Batista...

Byron: Well, Batista isn't a bad name, but changing Prototype's name to his real life one was fuckin’ retarded.

Stephen: Quit nitpicking, the show was good...and we're seeing signs that they're starting to sell arenas out again

Polk: Who's nitpicking? That's a valid complaint. Real names in wrestling = a dumb idea unless you happen to have a really cool sounding real name.

Brandon: Prototype grows on you... it sounds dumb at first, but it's still a HELL of a lot better than John Cena. Vince needs to find the right balance between his cartoony crap from 1995 and this over-realistic stuff today.

Polk: Yeah, I don't see John Cena emblazoned on a lot of t-shirts.

William: Speaking of the younger guys, we've had a chance to see them in action and assess their worth. Besides Brock, who we have talked about ad nauseum, who do you think could be a natural breakout star?

Byron: I think Chris Harvard will be a future star. Harvard already has that natural snobbish attitude which seems to irritate the fans and he's coming along very well as a wrestler.

Polk: Chris Harvard = the next HHH. JR likes to say that about Nowinski; about how he comes to the arena first, leaves last and watches a lot of tapes.

Dr. Tom: He's not really that young, but Rico has looked good every time they've put him in the ring.

Fake Razor: Rico has looked very good in the ring, he's got some nice looking kicks.

Dr. Tom: He's pretty over as a heel considering he's been a manager for the most part. He works a good match, does his moves crisply, sells well, and has a nice moonsault.

Brandon: Rico won't get much of a chance because he's about 42, despite the fact that he can work and is over.

Fake Razor: Rico has great charisma too. It’s undeniable. Another guy that's got some sweet kicks is Shelton Benjamin. He worked a decent psychological match, even though Stasiak didn't sell it well.

Brandon: They need to let him go back to his "role model" gimmick from OVW.

William: But good kicks won't make you the next superstar. Just ask Tajiri.

Brandon: That wasn't Tajiri's problem... being X-Pac's bitch was the problem. He just slowly slid down to curtain jerker status after the X-Pac matches.

Polk: Well everyone in the cruiser division was X-Pac's bitch at some point.

Stephen: Speaking of X-Pac, was he released? I keep hearing the rumors?

Fake Razor: I don't think he was released.

Brandon: Meltzer's said that he's heard a LOT of rumors about X-Pac being released.

William: Better yet, should he be released? And be completely unbiased!

Dr. Tom: He should have been released months ago.

Byron: If it was a motivated X-Pac, I wouldn’t mind so much, but the man just got lazy as heel after 1999.

Fake Razor: No doubt, he adds NOTHING to the product. X-Pac CAN put decent matches on, but he's as lazy as Big Kev now.

Brandon: X-Pac should be released because he's too hurt to give 100% all the time. He only gives 100% about every 3 months or so, if that. Besides that, he's beyond stale... NO ONE else has a character that's still exactly the same since early 1998. And it can be argued that he's exactly the same as he's been since being in the nWo.

Polk: I'm tired of him using his neck as an excuse. If you can't work, then retire. Don't take up space and then go passing out in airports.

Fake Razor: X-Pac gives 100% when he's getting rewarded. For example, when he unified the cruiser and light heavyweight titles a year ago, he had some decent matches with Tajiri and Billy Kidman.

Brandon: Teke184: Whenever he felt that his spot was in danger, he'd pull a good match out of his ass. Otherwise, it was something that got people to change the channel.

Polk: X-Pack kind of went balls out on TV about a month ago when facing RVD in a KOTR qualifier.

Brandon: That was when he was in danger over that whole Booker T mess. Since he never ended up jobbing to Booker T, he needed to make sure he made RVD look good or he was going to be in trouble no matter whom his friends were.

Dr. Tom: The trouble is, he never went balls out often enough to justify being kept on the roster. At least he gave us a useful term, though: "X-Pac heat."

Polk: Yeah, he'll ALWAYS have that.

Stephen: That’s the prescription Tom.

Brandon: That's descended from "Bossman heat"

Polk: In short, thanks for the memories, X-Pac; it's been real. NEXT~!

William: Well, he's one face we won't have to see at Summerslam. Over the last week more matches have been added to the Summerslam card. Let’s take a look at them one by one. First off, Kurt Angle vs. Rey Mysterio. Should Angle be messing with cruiserweights?

Dr. Tom: I like Angle's post-match rantings on SD last week, about losing to a 12 year-old who might not be a legal citizen. Good stuff. Anyway, as long as they let Rey have some offense (which I'm sure they will), Angle facing a cruiser will only elevate that division.

Brandon: Angle-Rey should be a good match, but I think the WWE's prejudice against cruisers will cripple a good match. Instead of a back and forth effort, we'll probably get an Angle squash. Angle needs to win in a hard-fought match so that they BOTH benefit.

Polk: It'll be a good styles clash as opposed to a bad one (i.e. Regal vs. anyone). It'll be an entertaining match with Rey coming *this* close to winning.

Dames: I think it will be a good match, but a loss to Rey could hurt Angle, IMO. At the same time, an Angle win does nothing for him or Rey.

Dr. Tom: I don't see any way that Angle loses.

Byron: I think as long as Rey makes a very good showing of himself, even if he loses (which will more than likely happen), the division will look great.

Dames: Oh, don't get me wrong.... I’m looking forward to the match. I just don't think it will really benefit anyone.

William: How does this match help the division if Rey doesn't win?

Brandon: If it proves that Rey can keep up with Angle, it means that the cruisers can be taken more seriously.

Dames: No Brandon, only Rey will benefit. If they did that with all cruisers, it would be a different story.

Dr. Tom: If he goes fifteen minutes with Kurt and comes close to winning, with several hot false finishes; I think it's a tremendous benefit to Rey and the cruiserweight division.

Brandon: It would also help if they stopped letting guys like Bob Holly destroy contenders for the Crusier belt.

Dames: Rey keeping up with Angle won't get Jamie Noble over, or Kidman.

Dr. Tom: Then these guys need to have matches where they do well against Rey.

William: Well, I see there's some disagreement there. I think we can all agree that one match that will suck is Undertaker vs. Test. Anyone care to dispute that?

Byron: Honestly, I don't think Taker/Test will suck that bad. If both guys go all out, then I think the match may surprise some people.

Dr. Tom: UT-Test could be watchable. I don't think it'll be great, but it doesn't *have* to suck.

Fake Razor: I've got no problems with the match. I'm one of the few guys that do not hate Test. I think he's decent enough.

Dames: Do we agree that Test needs to go over here? As classless as this may sound… I think the Un-Americans should be on a roll until around 9/11.

Brandon: Test SHOULD go over, but won't. This is the most momentum he's had since 1999. If they're ever going to do anything with him, it should be now.

Polk: No, Taker wins. Test went over tonight. So The Dead Man will probably shit on him on PPV. I don't want to know what Test has to do on PPV to pay back that job. We might have to turn away from out TV sets when Test pays Taker back. He's going over and he's going over BIG.

Brandon: I'm sure it would make BRADSHAW of all people blush.

Stephen: You know one thing I noticed is that it seems the WWE always lets people get their heat back after a match, but not with Test and Undertaker. It made it more compelling in my eyes. I thought it built up the match better.

Byron: If they are serious about pushing the Un-Americans, then Test and Lance/Christian should win their matches then they could build to the faces getting their jobs back at Unforgiven.

William: I personally disagree with the Un-American angle as a whole but if Vince McMahon has proven one thing over the years, it's that he has no class.

Brandon: At least Vince didn't bring back Tiger Ali Singh as an Afghani terrorist...

Dr. Tom: I don't think that's a classless move, though. Americans go over around 9/11. What's wrong with that?

Dames: It’s somewhat exploiting the event but as a New Yorker and a wrestling fan, I don’t have a problem with it.

Polk: I don't have a problem with it. That's what wrestling is all about: low-end carny entertainment.

Fake Razor: Hey, Angle did it last year.

Polk: Yeah, Angle was a face just long enough to benefit from the pro U.S. sentiment.

Brandon: At least they'd have the Americans get something back by beating them around 9/11.

Dames: And you've got to admit, the crowd would be rabid!

Dr. Tom: Everybody who could exploit it has been doing so since it happened. If it makes a few people cheer that some American-hating Canadians get their butts whipped around 9/11, I say go for it.

William: Well, let's talk about the other Un-Americans. They face Booker and Goldust at the PPV. Are we going to see a title switch?

Byron: I don't think so. For the Un-Americans, losing this soon after getting the belts, even to BookDust, would hurt them and their heat.

Brandon: I doubt it. The Un-Americans need the belt for a few more weeks at a minimum. The Un-Americans should retain in some sort of screwjob.

Dames: Will, a win over BookDust would make the 9/11 blowoff so much better

Jesus, I feel so sick saying that.

Fake Razor: I don't think so either. A Booker/Goldust loss wouldn't hurt that tandem at all. They're both WAY over, and the fans will like them as long as they keep busting out their comedy segments. Although, I think they may have jumped the shark with Mini Dust.

Polk: The term "jumped the shark" has jumped the shark.

William: What does “jumping the shark” mean?

Brandon: It's a reference to Fonzie jumping the shark on a motorcycle on Happy Days, which was the peak of the run.After that, it was all downhill. Jumping the Shark implies that it was the high point... and I think that MiniDust was the definite low point of their work.

Dames: I remember that episode!

William: I did not know that!

Dames: http://www.jumptheshark.com/>www.jumpth...k.com.

William: Ok, another match set for the PPV is Flair vs. Jericho. Are you looking forward to this match?

Fake Razor: It should be a good match, and I'll be quite pissed if Jericho loses.

Dr. Tom: Jericho finally gets another PPV win. Whoooo!

Dames: Jericho BETTER go over here or he might as well change his name to Canadian Jobber

Brandon: That match and angle was a case of one step forward and two back. There was no reason for them to do something as stupid as yanking down Jericho's tights. On the plus side, I have high hopes for next week's Fozzy concert. I want them to play To Kill A Stranger.

Byron: Flair/Jericho should be a decent match, but I'm worried because Flair really has no rub left to give and they've fucked Chris's character all to hell.

Polk: I wouldn't bet on a Jericho win, since I fully expected Eddy to go over Flair on PPV and he didn’t.

Dames: Also Polk, Jericho jobbed to John Cena last month and if he jobs to Flair this month, he might as well take his ball and go home… because he'll be treated better at home!

Stephen: Jericho and Flair will be great if they get some mic time. I want to hear them duel in promos, because that's where their strengths lie right now.

Polk: They've got two weeks to cram in some mic time for them both but as long as there's a HHH-HBK situation, I don't see it happening. You've got two guys (Flair and Jericho) that WWE could give a DAMN about.

Fake Razor: Yeah, HHH even ate up TWO segments on Heat.

Brandon: Sorry Dames, He'd be broke at home. The only way that would work out is if Austin comes back and insists on working with Jericho when he returns.

Polk: Now that's what I call some wishful thinking.

Dames: Do you really think Austin would give Jericho the rub though?

Brandon: I think that Austin would be more willing to give Jericho the rub more than anyone with the exceptions of Eddy or Benoit. Meltzer says there's a good chance that Austin's coming back soon and I believe him... Rock and Hogan will be gone for the foreseeable future. That leaves HHH and Taker as the "top draws". After Brock’s push fails, they'll be desperate to bring in a top name.

Polk: I can't say for sure how willing Austin would be to give Jericho the "rub".

William: Ok, well we all agree Jericho and Flair rule on the mic. Now speaking of two guys who get slammed for their promo skills, Benoit vs. RVD for the IC title. This is THE reason I will watch the show. Is everyone else as excited?

Dr. Tom: I think it'll be a killer match.

Brandon: I'm excited because I thought they killed that feud dead when Benoit jumped. I'm hoping it gets enough time. I think that HHH-HBK will eat up a LOT more PPV time than it should get.

Byron: Honestly, I'm not all that excited over Benoit/RVD because I just don't like Rob at all. With that said, if they are given the time to work Brandon, they will probably pull off something great

Fake Razor: I'm hyped for Benoit vs. Van Dam. The first match was pretty damn good, and I'm hyped to see what they can pull off on PPV.

Polk: That's a match that needs some kind of stipulation. Just don't make it a damn ladder match.

Dr. Tom: Yeah, I'm surprised there's no stip on it yet.

Dames: Well, it was just signed. Give them until next week. Personally, I’d rather see a straight wrestling match between the two.

Byron: I agree, Dames. I think a stip on the match would hurt it rather improve it.

William: Why do you think the match needs a stipulation, Polk?

Polk: I don't think the fans would be into seeing a straight up match. I'd love to see them not put a stip on it, but I honestly don't know how well RVD would perform vs. Benoit without an excuse to bust out some highspots.

Dr. Tom: If they really want to get Rob to do something different, make it a submission match. They could set it up as Easy E stacking the deck against him.

Brandon: Dr. Tom, it wouldn't happen like that. Eric would want RVD to get the belt and bring it back to RAW. I think you mean that Steph should make it a submission match.

Dr. Tom: What if RVD does something to piss him off next week?

Brandon: He'd still rather have the belt then worry about getting it away from him.

Dr. Tom: But Stephanie can't put a stip favorable to Benoit on the match because he's a heel and she's not supposed to be.

Brandon: Steph is getting booed and acting like a heel anyway.

Dr. Tom: Besides, since they moved Benoit to Smackdown just to balance the title scenario out, how likely is it that he's losing?

Dames: An RVD win would be nice but how many times is he going to get the IC title?

Polk: Nah, I want Benoit to retain. He needs it for an extended period of time.

Dames: This is wishful thinking, but I think the loser of this match should move up a level after Summerslam.

Stephen: My dream would see a best of seven series for the title ala Benoit/Booker culminating in a final blowoff two PPVs from Summerslam.

Polk: That IS a dream.

Fake Razor: Would that be his 4th reign? Sorry, I’m losing track because of the Russo-like nature of switching the belts.

Brandon: This isn't quite in Jarrett territory yet, so I can live with it. Once he gets to 5-6 reigns, they REALLY need to give it a rest.

Fake Razor: To think, people were pissed that he hadn't won it by Wrestlemania X-8. Now, a few months later he's held it like 4-5 times. A fine example of how belts are tossed around nowadays.

Brandon: It's a lot like Edge last year... he won or lost that title for like 6 PPVs straight!

Dames: Edge lost to Christian, got it back. Edge lost to Test, got it back, Edge (4th reign) lost to Regal

Dr. Tom: See, the IC title is meaningless. All the more reason to scrap it and bring in the Raw and SD TV titles!

Polk: I don't have a problem with Raw and SD TV titles as long as they're not as ugly as the WWE title.

Fake Razor: Or the Hardcore title! Either version.

Dr. Tom: That is a pretty ugly belt.

Dames: What’s with the stupid Texas sticker on the HC title? TAKE IT OFF! Bradshaw isn't the champ.

Brandon: If they took the Texas flag off the new Hardcore belt, it would look nice.

. Fake Razor: It has BULLHORNS! They'd have to get that shit removed.

Polk: I looked at it hard tonight and it YES it has bullhorns.

William: I'm Texan. I dig the belt!

Brandon: It's a sign that Bradshaw will get it back, as much as NO ONE outside of WWE management wants to see that.

William: And that's just another example of the Fed not evaluating crowd responses with the talent. Stevie and Dreamer put on a perfectly acceptable hardcore match and it symbolizes Bradshaw. That's wrong!

Brandon: Hopefully they'll stop doing stupid crap like having Stevie and Dreamer put on good matches, then feeding them to someone like Lesnar in a joke match. That does not help the hardcore belt at all.

William: Well, this past weekend on Smackdown, Hulk Hogan was fed to Lesnar. Behind the scenes though, Hogan missed the Australian tour because of money disputes. What's the deal?

Brandon: Hogan had been complaining about his back, his knee, and his pay for a long time now. They finally had enough and took him off the road.

Dames: Hogan's tired of being a good little boy in the back. And starting with the Confidential, 2 weeks ago, he's letting his inner asshole out now.

Stephen: 'Hogan's done everything by the book on what he should do. I don’t care about what might have happened, and as long as he keeps the nostalgia jobbing train alive and gets a good sendoff, I am happy.

Brandon: It'll be a good thing in the long run because Hogan's more effective if you bring him in every few months instead of keeping him around forever.

William: But he missed the opportunity to perform in front of 60,000 Australians.

Brandon: True, which is why Da Game when out there and jobbed in the main event.

Polk: He sure disappointed a lot of Aussies. Did you see those guys dressed like him?

Dr. Tom: As long as Hogan keeps jobbing and doesn't exert political influence on his booking, I don't care if he and Vince bicker over money. Hogan's being used in the right way, and he seems to be ok with that.

Byron: In all honestly, how much longer can Hogan keep the nostalgia pops up, though? They've jobbed him out almost as much as Flair

Fake Razor: Byron, There's a lot of people that still buy into that crap.

Dr. Tom: He can help keep them up by taking a little time off due to being "injured" by Brock.

Dames: the Brock job really did help Brock, IMO.

Byron: Yeah Dames, Brock got some pretty good heat after that match

Dames: well, I don’t trust any SD heat, because it’s canned.

Dr. Tom: The only blatantly canned heat last week was Mark Henry's, IMO.

Dames: They really need to release his ass!

Brandon: If they could have found a way, they would have done it in 1998.

Fake Razor: I find it sad that Henry has one of the bigger salaries in the company.

Brandon: Henry's salary is large but not THAT large. It's a $250,000 annual guarantee IIRC. That's 1/4 of what Big Show gets.

Dames: But it’s a ten-year contract and it still has four years left!

Byron: Vince must have been on something when he signed him for that long. Vince was desperate for "legitimate" stars then. That was when WCW had a lock on most of the established stars and were making a run at signing Bret Hart.

Dames: Yeah, all Vince heard was "Olympics!" Brets leaving.... lets sign Mark Henry for 10 fucking years!!!

Fake Razor: Yeah, lets trash Bret Hart's 20 year contract, and bring in an untrained Olympic flunky for 10 years!

Brandon: Well, in all fairness, this was before Bret's 20-year contract... he didn't sign it until close to Survivor Series 96.

Polk: Yeah, Vince signed Henry when the WWF wasn't doing so hot. BUT Henry still made more positive strides in OVW than Show did.

Byron: True, Polk, but they promptly squandered that all away when they made Henry gain back all the weight though.

Dames: Thereby, taking away all of his newfound talent.

Polk: You can't please WWE. You take me off TV for God knows how long to lose weight and then the minute I do, you say gain it back. FUCK.

Dames: McMahon logic leads me to believe that ONE Day.... I’ll be 6 feet tall. (editor’s note: Dames would be happy to be 5’8)

Polk: And no way do Show and Henry look the same weight.

. Dr. Tom: Show's clearly heavier. He looked a lot lighter in his days as The Giant in WCW.

Polk: A lot lighter? That’s because he WAS lighter. That was back when they said Show could do moonsaults.

Byron: Show didn't look that bad before he went to OVW to me, but after he came back, dear God was he huge!

Dr. Tom: What I hated about Show coming back from OVW was JR continually saying how much weight he'd lost. And it was obvious he hadn't lost an ounce.

Fake Razor: He was on the Buddy Rose blowaway diet.

At least he's not Sexual Chocolate anymore.

Dames: Hey, Sexual Chocolate is an improvement! I'd mark out if the Sexual Chocolate character came back

Brandon: I wouldn't... it might mean that Mae would do more skits with him.

Dames: I don't think ANYONE likes Mae Young on his or her TV.

Brandon: Some of the old wrestlers love that stuff. Honkytonk Man, Dusty, etc., they all loved that stuff.

Polk: Henry lost weight and they never even considered putting him back on TV. RACISM~! By Gawd.

Brandon: That's because they were trying to get Henry to quit.

Polk: They were trying to get Henry to quit because he's BLACK.

William: speaking of racism, the new NWA champion is Ron Killings. Everyone's saying this guy is a star in the making. Did the WWF drop the ball with this guy?

Fake Razor: I thought Killings had potential when the WWF had him. He needed work though.

Brandon: He kept getting hurt... that was his problem. That, along with coming in as Road Drugg's tag partner.

Dr. Tom: I saw K-krush, as he was called then, during some dark matches, and he always impressed me. I jut think they didn't do much with him. Teaming him with the Road Dogg was a dumb move.

Byron: Killings looked EXTREMELY green in every single WWE match I ever saw him in

Dames: They dropped the ball when he was K-Kwik, put it back together, handed it to Sanders and asked him to take it to TNA.

Polk: Killings is K-Kwik? He's TNA's Champ????

Dames: But trust me...he's good now! He beat Shamrock for the NWA:TNA title.

Brandon: There's talk that Scamrock was about to be taken off the PPVs, which is why they took the belt off of him. If they wanted him off that soon, it was logical to put the belt on the first possible guy, and they already had set up the

Polk: Really???

Dames: He's OVER like ROVER! And he can work the mic fairly well, playing a natural heel. He went with a very cool, veiled racist authority angle that got a lot of heat.

Brandon: It remains to be seen if he's just a transitional guy.

Polk: How'd he go from feuding with Brian Christopher to being World Champ? What did I miss?

Byron: Brian is a heel now, too, Polk He turned on Hall like 3 weeks ago.

Polk: Yeah, but the last time I read a TNA recap those two were going to feud or something...now he's champion? Man, I can't see K-Kwik as anyone's champ. I've got to see this. Wow. Dames you have to send me some TNA tapes. Not T&A tapes, mind you.

Dames: He's NOT K-Kwik anymore. Get that whole character out of your head. He's dead and he went on an anti-WWF rant about it too! He is now… The Truth! And his promo against steamboat 2 weeks ago was awesome!

Dr. Tom: There was a boxer who used "The Truth" as a moniker not long ago, wasn't there?

Brandon: Carl "The Truth" Williams who got his ass handed to him by Mike Tyson.

Polk: Like someone else said, as Justin Credible will always be Aldo Montoya, Killings will always be K-Kwik until I see otherwise.

Fake Razor: Killings has turned it around for me, though I never thought he was too bad to begin with.

Polk: Ron Killings is a cool name, I have to hand it to him.

Brandon: That's his real name.

Dames: NO ONE beats Steamboats real name…Richard Blood. Ricky Steamboat is Dick Blood

Dr. Tom: That's almost as bad as Dick Trickle.

Polk: I can see why he went with Steamboat as dumb as that sounds.

William: Ok motherfuckers do NOT knock on Steamboat! On that note, we’ll wrap it up. Before we leave, I just want to mention that Tom swerved us this week and didn't play the heel role.

Byron: Tom must have lost his needle...

Dr. Tom: I lobbied the bookers to make me a tweener this week.

Dames: You play a tweener as good as HHH plays a face! You're a natural heel, and you know it!

William: Yeah, you're still hated for wanting to scrap the IC title but made the fans cheer for your insightful comments.

Dr. Tom: I have reverse HHH syndrome, then. They boo me when I came out, but cheer me on the mic. He gets the opposite reaction. I'll be a heel again next week.

Byron: Wait... if Tom is a tweener, what does that make me? a jobber to the stars? Son of a bitch!

Fake Razor: I guess that puts me down in OVW

William: At least we can all agree Tom's workrate is much better than HHH's!

Sign in to follow this