• New York
    • Los Angeles
    • Las Vegas
    • Washington, D.C.
    • Chicago
    • Other
    • It won't happen, dumbass.

Guest hardyz1

Do you guys think there will be an attack tomorrow? I personally wouldn't be surprised either way.

My vote is for "It won't happen, dumbass". EVERYBODY is expecting it, so I think they'll wait a while before trying anything.

Guest DrTom

I don't know that there will be, but I certainly wouldn't be surprised to see it. I voted for LA, since they've already hit the East coast, and LA is where all those "sinful" movies are made and women walk around in decidedly non-Islamic attire.

Guest The Flying Dutchman

I've got to say, I'm honestly a little scared of what might happen. It's a fear that's in the back of my mind, but it is there nonetheless. The worst part is that terrorists are almost completely unpredicatable. After all, who expected the World Trade Center to be attacked on September 11th? I know that I don't want to spend Independence Day watching people fall to their deaths again.

Guest RetroRob215

There have been rumors for attacks on various days for a while now. There has been a thread started EVERYTIME there was a possibility of an attack. I was always one of the people who said there wouldn't be an attack on those days and I still think there won't be an attack on July 4th.

Guest MD2020

I'm praying that it won't happen, but it wouldn't surprise me if it did. Hopefully, it's all peaceful. As for likely places, either LA or Vegas (sin cities) or Philadelphia (Birthplace of America).

Guest DrTom

"not when everyone expects something!"

The problem is, that kind of complacent attitude makes an attack all the more possible, since confident people tend to lower their guard.

We get security bulletins at least thrice a week at work. While I can't divulge all that's in them, there's a good bit in there, gathered by Army intelligence and other groups, that makes me think it's very likely another attack is coming, and that it will be sooner than later. I am not an alarmist, merely a realist.

Guest LesnarLunatic

I will say that the terrorists will try to strike American troops in Saudi Arabia or Americans in some other Middle Eastern country.

History lessons:

"Bin Laden is trying to raise the entire Muslim world to Jihad. Creating the mystique of the Chosen is central to his goal, and symbolism is the greatest weapon in his arsenal (thus far). Consider what he said (twice) in his post-Sept. 11 video: "… after 80 years, the sword has come to America …" He was clearly referring to the resolution passed by the U.S. Congress endorsing the partition of Palestine (creation of a Zionist homeland) on Sept. 11, 1922.

Experts on American news networks continually warn us that al-Qaida may be encoding secret messages to sleeper cells in their videos and communiqués, but bin Laden speaks openly, relying on us not knowing even our own history, let alone Islamic history. Which brings us to July 4. We, in our narcissism, assume that July 4 is all about us. But to Muslims it is a day of ultimate triumph.

On July 4, 1197, Saladin (Salah al-Din) completely annihilated the 20,000-man Crusader army at the battle of the Horns of Hattin, driving the "Christians" from the Holy Land until the 20th century. And we can be sure it is not lost on bin Laden that Saladin won this battle in spite of the fact that the Crusaders carried with them the "True Cross" "

it won't be in this country, more likely in the Middle East.

Guest dreamer420

i really hope it doesn't happen to the u.s. because it will be crushing.

with that said this would be the day that I would think some kind of attack might take place. july the 4th is a huge national holiday and what better day for some force to try and bring down the united states.

Guest Vern Gagne

"The problem is, that kind of complacent attitude makes an attack all the more possible, since confident people tend to lower their guard."

I highly doubt the gov't and authorities are lowering their guard. I also never said there shouldn't be high security for the 4th, just that I don't think there will be an attack.

Guest chirs3

Well, there's been a shooting in an LA Airport, and a private plane crashed into a crowded amusement park in San Dimas... 2 dead from the shooting, 6 in critical from the plane crash. No one's sure yet, from what I've heard, if it's terrorism or not.

Happy 4th. :(

Guest Ram

Shooting was most likely an act of terrorism, but just coincedently on July 4th.

The plane crashed in a public park, and killed 2 kids and injured a couple others. Seems to be just an accident, but they're undecided right now.

Guest MarvinisaLunatic

From Fark.com yesterday -

San Dimas California - Plane crashes into family picnic. Bill and Ted Surrender.

Theres your answer...

Guest LesnarLunatic

Marvin:

do you have a posting account at Fark? cuz we're both Farkers. Ya know.