TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Arnold_OldSchool

WWF/E Tidbits from the past

Guest Arnold_OldSchool

Blantantly stealing the idea from the WCW thread....

<<<<

HHH was to go over Taker at WM 17, but ticked managment off (Can't remember why off hand) and thus Taker's streak was saved

Wrestlemania 2000 was originally booked with an Austin/Big Show main event in mind.... That was the thinking from the moment Wight signed

Vince wanted to wrestle a Panda on a UK PPV just to mess with the other WWF during the lawsuit between the two companies

The WWE signed the wrong one legged wrestler when they originally courted Zach Gowen

Mr. Perfect was booked to win the 1990 Royal Rumble, but Hogan audibled that call and put himself over

Power & Glory was getting a huge push in late 1990, early 1991, and pretty much everyone expected them to take the belts from the Harts at Wrestlemania and pass them on to LOD, yet at the last minute the focus was shifted from then to the Nasty Boys. I've heard something about politics having something to do with it, but what actually happened?

Guest curry_man2002

The triple threat at wrestlemania 20 was originally going to be a ladder match.

Shawn micheals was originally going to be a part of wrestlemania 17 but arrived to the arena in no condition to perform.

Did Taker really have to physically threaten Shawn Michaels to job to Austin at WM 14?

What was with HHH going over Booker at WM 19?

What was the original plan for the Two Man Power Trip, before Hunter tore his quad?

Guest curry_man2002

I read somewhere that the original plan for summerslam 2001 was for austin to defend his WWF title against HHH so i guess they were meant to break up eventually anyway.

I read somewhere that the original plan for summerslam 2001 was for austin to defend his WWF title against HHH so i guess they were meant to break up eventually anyway.

Right, that was the assumption at the time. I just wanted to know if they were looking at a long fued to culminate at Mania for the title or if Austin was gonna drop the title to HHH in the summer.

Guest Frank_Nabbit

Early WM 8 booking had the LOD vs Money Inc in a street Fight and a Hacksaw/Sarge vs Natural Disasters match

Plus a Bulldog vs Berzerker match

WM 9 was to include BBBigelow vs Kamala on the PPV

WM 10 had the 10 man tag get removed

Ric Flair was supposed to be the guest on the Brother Love Show at SSLam 88, but the deal went sour

Guest LooneyTune

Even if Flair did show up at SSlam 88, the teaser was still wrong. Flair made 2 MSG Appearences in his career before that.

Did Taker really have to physically threaten Shawn Michaels to job to Austin at WM 14?

What was the original plan for the Two Man Power Trip, before Hunter tore his quad?

HHH was to go over Taker at WM 17, but ticked managment off (Can't remember why off hand) and thus Taker's streak was saved

Undi was always going over in that one. It was a brilliant move for Hunter, because he does a clean job on the biggest PPV of all time up until that point, but he does it to someone already on his level, and so nobody got elevated.

Yes. Michaels was putting up a lot of fuss over having to job to Austin, and was openly talking about not doing it. Undi was in the gorilla position, taping his fists up, and flat out told Michaels he was either doing the job in the ring, or he'd be doing one for real once he got backstage.

Hunter's argument was that if he was going to drop the Raw Title to Goldberg at Bad Blood, which was the original plan, then a short term title change to Booker would take the shine off of Goldberg's big win.

Austin was to face Jericho at KotR and Hunter was to face Benoit there. I don't think anything beyond KotR was really planned for them, because they pretty much stopped thinking more than a month ahead at that point.

Shawn micheals was originally going to be a part of wrestlemania 17 but arrived to the arena in no condition to perform.

That happened at either the last or second to last Raw before WM X-7. Shawn was meant to do an angle with Hunter, and it would eventually lead to Shawn costiing Hunter is match with Undi at WM X-7, which would then lead to Hunter v Shawn at Backlash.This was to happen on the Raw in question, but the segment got bumped due to timing, and Shawn threw a fit. The next day at SD, when they were going to shoot the angle there, Shawn showed up out of his skull on something, and they sent him home.

Guest Frank_Nabbit

Royal Rumble 1996- Some of the other people that were asked to participate in the Royal Rumble were The Ultimate Warrior, Dan Severn (an Ultimate Fighting contender), Peter McNeeley (that dumb guy that Mike Tyson knocked out in the first round of Tyson's return), Rick "The Model" Martel, and Sabu. Sabu apparently had even set up his own elimination. Before withdrawing his name from the Rumble, he had decided that he was going to eliminate an opponent, slide under the bottom rope, and place the opponent on a table. He was planning to sprint across the ring, do a moonsault over the top rope, and smash the opponent through the table

I read somewhere the original plan was Nash to feud with Triple H in 2002 before Michaels came back.

Original main event for Wrestlemania 14 was Steve Austin vs. Bret Hart for the WWF title, but we all know what happened.

Original main event for Wrestlemania 18 was Steve Austin vs. Triple H (heel vs. face) for the WWF title.

There was some plan relating to Hogan/Lesnar/Taker at Survivor Series 2002 that I seem to forget, but it had something to do with someone "destroying" someone else and then they would come back? I honestly read this but don't remember who was involved and what was going to happen.

I read somewhere the original plan was Nash to feud with Triple H in 2002 before Michaels came back.

The Nash v Hunter deal was meant to see them wrestle at SummerSlam, but that got changed when Nash tore his quad by walking.

There was some plan relating to Hogan/Lesnar/Taker at Survivor Series 2002 that I seem to forget, but it had something to do with someone killing someone else and then they would come back? I honestly read this but don't remember who was involved and what was going to happen.

They wanted Hogan to come back and face Lesnar to try to get revenge for Lesnar injuring him over the summer. However, they wanted Hogan to job and he didn't want to come back just to lose again, so they went with Brock/Show.

Guest Fook_Theta
Mr. Perfect was booked to win the 1990 Royal Rumble, but Hogan audibled that call and put himself over

Slight derail: If this is true, just another haystack on the fire of hating Hogan.

Wrestlemania 2000 was originally booked with an Austin/Big Show main event in mind.... That was the thinking from the moment Wight signed

And of course Russo booking meant that they had Austin vs. Big Show a few weeks after he debuted, at the show before WM 15.

The original plan for KOTR 1997 was Bret Hart vs. Shawn Michaels with all Hart Foundation members chained outside to a the ring posts. If Bret lost, he wouldn't wrestle in America again, so I guess this was when Bret was to get his job back. But Bret was hurt, so they changed it to HBK vs. Austin instead.

Plans in 1999 were to have a "Gates of Hell" match at Summerslam, with either Rock vs. Taker or Big Show vs. Taker. The match was to have an opening in the center of the ring that would open every minute or two, and you'd have to shove your opponent into the pits of fire to win.

Test was originally booked to beat HHH for the title on RAW in 1999, but Vince changed his mind at the last minute and had HHH retain.

Back to the Shawn/HHH WM 17. I had heard that the original booking had Shawn helping HHH win against Taker and that it would have been Shawn/HHH (DX reunion deal) against Taker/Kane at Backlash. If this happened, what would have Austin done, with him doing the big heel turn and Rock leaving to go film the Scorpion King

Back to the Shawn/HHH WM 17. I had heard that the original booking had Shawn helping HHH win against Taker and that it would have been Shawn/HHH (DX reunion deal) against Taker/Kane at Backlash. If this happened, what would have Austin done, with him doing the big heel turn and Rock leaving to go film the Scorpion King

That was not the original booking. The original plan was, as mentioned before, for Michaels to cost Hunter the match, leading the Shawn v Hunter at Backlash.

The original plan for KOTR 1997 was Bret Hart vs. Shawn Michaels with all Hart Foundation members chained outside to a the ring posts. If Bret lost, he wouldn't wrestle in America again, so I guess this was when Bret was to get his job back. But Bret was hurt, so they changed it to HBK vs. Austin instead.

The actual stipulations were that Bret had to beat Shawn in 10 minutes or less, or he would have to leave America.

I thought it was that Bret was hurt AND that both had been in a brawl backstage weeks before. Or was that later?

How long was the GTV angle going to play out before revealing who was behind it (assuming it Goldust)?

What was the original plan for Flair before he had to drop the title to Bret in Saskatoon?

I thought it was that Bret was hurt AND that both had been in a brawl backstage weeks before. Or was that later?

How long was the GTV angle going to play out before revealing who was behind it (assuming it Goldust)?

What was the original plan for Flair before he had to drop the title to Bret in Saskatoon?

The Bret/Shawn brawl was the night after KotR.

I don't think they had any firm idea.

He was going to drop the belt, not sure when, to one of four people. Bret, Savage, Warrior and someone else. Warrior leaving required them to create a new main event level babyface, so they went with Bret.

Original main event for Wrestlemania 14 was Steve Austin vs. Bret Hart for the WWF title, but we all know what happened.

Actually no it was supposed to be Bret vs HBK rematch, with Bret going over.

Can't remember where I read it but the HBK/Bret rematch was supposed to be at WM 13. Shawn bailed, the double turn happened instead and from that point, Bret vs. Austin was in the books for WM 14 where Austin could finally go over.

Can't remember where I read it but the HBK/Bret rematch was supposed to be at WM 13. Shawn bailed, the double turn happened instead and from that point, Bret vs. Austin was in the books for WM 14 where Austin could finally go over.

D'oh you'd be right. I was thinking Mania 13... sorry.

According to Meltzer, the original plan for WM 13 was for Bret to beat HBK by catching him trying the sweet chin music and "breaking his ankle" with a gimmicked boot. Of course HBK lost his smile so that never happened.

Around the time of the Survivor Series screw job, they were planning out what to do with Bret if he stuck around until Wrestlemania. The plan they had was for Bret to beat HBK at Survivor Series, and then for HBK to win the title in a four way at the December PPV (Degeneration-X) that included Undertaker and Shamrock. HBK would beat Bret in a ladder match at the Royal Rumble. The next night, Bret would come out and make one last challenge to HBK, putting his career on the line, and beat him for the belt. Then Bret would drop the title to Austin at Wrestlemania.

I read that the original WM10 event was Lex Luger vs Ludvig Borga.  Is this true?

I read that too, but it was Scott Keith who said it. If that was the case, they didn't plan it for long, or else there was no way Luger would beat Borga clean at Survivor Series 93. Also, Yokozuna had the title at the Royal Rumble, so it would have had to go from a heel to a heel by Wrestlemania time. I really don't believe it, but I could be wrong.

According to Meltzer, the original plan for WM 13 was for Bret to beat HBK by catching him trying the sweet chin music and "breaking his ankle" with a gimmicked boot. Of course HBK lost his smile so that never happened.

Around the time of the Survivor Series screw job, they were planning out what to do with Bret if he stuck around until Wrestlemania. The plan they had was for Bret to beat HBK at Survivor Series, and then for HBK to win the title in a four way at the December PPV (Degeneration-X) that included Undertaker and Shamrock. HBK would beat Bret in a ladder match at the Royal Rumble. The next night, Bret would come out and make one last challenge to HBK, putting his career on the line, and beat him for the belt. Then Bret would drop the title to Austin at Wrestlemania.

The broken ankle finish was for their KotR match.

And the plan presented to Bret, under the guise of wanting him to stay, but in reality getting him to leave, was to lose Shawn at SS, lose at the December IYH as part of a Fatal Four-Way, lose to Shawn in a ladder match the Rumble, beat HBK the next night on Raw where Bret would say he'd retire if he didn't win, and then drop the strap to Austin at WM XIV. Of course, seeing four major losses in a row, with only one win, Bret naturally declined.

I read that the original WM10 event was Lex Luger vs Ludvig Borga.  Is this true?

Not in the slightest. Borga was meant to face Earthquake at WM X.

I really thought that snapped ankle finish was supposed to be for WM. My fault.

I found a tidbit looking through some old stuff about a tag team set to debut in the WWF in 95/96 called Assault and Battery. Does anyone know who they were/were supposed to be?

Oh, I also hope this thread shows everybody how full of shit Scott Keith is. Borga was not supposed to be in the WM10 main event, Steve Austin was not originally scheduled to win the title at Final Four (at least according to Meltzer), and plenty else he says is false. Don't believe him.