TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest MikeSC

Kerryisms

Guest MikeSC

It only seems fair to mock Kerry a bit.

The current fave (from the NY Times, dealing with charges that he opposed the funding for troops in Iraq):

"I actually did vote for the $87 billion before I voted against it,"

Come on, I'm sure we can do a million of these...

-=Mike

Guest MikeSC
Wouldn't "Deanisms" sell better?

If he was still in contention. Besides, Kerry is a GOD at covering both sides of an issue at all times.

-=Mike

...Heck, he has alternately claimed to be --- and not to be --- Irish.

Guest thebigjig

Well at least Kerry seems to be able to construct sentences and know what he's talking about, even if he is talking out of both sides of his mouth...

It's not funny when candidates flip flop... it IS funny however when Bush says "I believe that human beings and fish can coexist peacefully"

Guest JMA

Who would admit to being Irish? ;)

Guest MikeSC
(TheMikeSC @ Mar 17 2004, 03:00 PM)

Who would admit to being Irish?

In MA, it is quite beneficial to be viewed as Irish. He's denied a few times (he isn't even remotely Irish), but he's also said he was a few times.

Boston has the Celtics as a team name for a reason.

Well at least Kerry seems to be able to construct sentences and know what he's talking about, even if he is talking out of both sides of his mouth...

It's not funny when candidates flip flop... it IS funny however when Bush says "I believe that human beings and fish can coexist peacefully"

Bushisms show a mangling of the Englisg language,

Kerryisms show an intent to deceive.

Bushisms are FAR less troubling than Kerryisms.

-=Mike

...As National Review pointed out, he would have SUPPORTED the money to troops if Bush's tax cuts were repealed --- or, in other words, he though repealing tax cuts was more important than supporting troops

Guest thebigjig

-=Mike

...As National Review pointed out, he would have SUPPORTED the money to troops if Bush's tax cuts were repealed --- or, in other words, he though repealing tax cuts was more important than supporting troops

Oh yeah... That Geeeoyorge Dubyah Buuush (how his name is pronounced in texas) doesn't deceive... especially when he's claiming Iraq bought weapons grade plutonium from Niger

Guest MikeSC

-=Mike

Oh yeah... That Geeeoyorge Dubyah Buuush (how his name is pronounced in texas) doesn't deceive... especially when he's claiming Iraq bought weapons grade plutonium from Niger

He actually said Africa, not Niger.

And he went with intel provided to him.

How can Kerry explain HIS statements?

Nice to see he went to the Dean school on dealing with critics. Telling a guy that what foreign leaders support him is none of his business is both wrong and REALLY bad, politically.

-=Mike

Guest JMA

Come on. You can't claim that isn't spin.

Guest thebigjig

-=Mike

He actually said Africa, not Niger.

And he went with intel provided to him.

How can Kerry explain HIS statements?

Nice to see he went to the Dean school on dealing with critics. Telling a guy that what foreign leaders support him is none of his business is both wrong and REALLY bad, politically.

-=Mike

yes, after being told for almost a full year by the CIA that the source couldn't be proven

And I'm not defending Kerry... I dont like him, nor have I ever liked him

Guest MikeSC

Come on. You can't claim that isn't spin.

It's clearly my opinion.

If it's not a column with a source, assume it's always my opinion.

Kerry lies. Bush just occasionally mangles language.

-=Mike

Guest MikeSC
yes, after being told for almost a full year by the CIA that the source couldn't be proven

He went with British intel (which, mind you, they STILL stand by). I thought we felt that the CIA was inept in this country. Funny, they are totally wrong about WMD's and all and Bush was an idiot to listen to them about THAT --- but this...yeah, they are probably dead on.

-=Mike

Guest MikeSC

Art imitates life.

Yup. Damned typos.

-=Mike

Guest JMA
It's clearly my opinion.

Fair enough.

All politicians lie. It's the name of the game.

Guest thebigjig

He went with British intel (which, mind you, they STILL stand by). I thought we felt that the CIA was inept in this country. Funny, they are totally wrong about WMD's and all and Bush was an idiot to listen to them about THAT --- but this...yeah, they are probably dead on.

-=Mike

you're the president of the united states... you're presented with two reports... one from the CIA, and one by MI6... which do you go with? Ignore the CIA?

Wouldn't that be unpatriotic and unamerican?

mind you, this was BEFORE we found out the CIA was wrong

Guest MikeSC
It's clearly my opinion.

Fair enough.

Kerry is too much like Clinton in that regard.

-=Mike

...Besides, the French LOVE him. Heck, I'd make campaign ads about THAT. "Cheese-eating surrender monkeys agree: VOTE KERRY!"

Guest MikeSC

-=Mike

you're the president of the united states... you're presented with two reports... one from the CIA, and one by MI6... which do you go with? Ignore the CIA?

Wouldn't that be unpatriotic and unamerican?

mind you, this was BEFORE we found out the CIA was wrong

Tenet is presently covering his own ass (sad, since Bush hasn't blamed him at all) and attacking his bosses. He's saying anything to avoid making him look like he made any mistakes.

I'd fire him just for that. But I can be petty.

-=Mike

Guest thebigjig

I would do a complete clean sweep of the intelligence agency, like Kennedy did after the bay of pigs... it sure would make him look alot better

oh but by doing that, that would mean basically admitting his administration may have been wrong... nope nope, cant do that

Guest JMA
...Besides, the French LOVE him. Heck, I'd make campaign ads about THAT. "Cheese-eating surrender monkeys agree: VOTE KERRY!"

I assume the French (and other Europeans) love him because he's not Bush. It has nothing to do with Kerry personally. Not that it should matter to Americans in an American election what Europeans think about the candidates. Besides, didn't Colin Powell say that France was still "an important ally"? And what about Laura Bush meeting with Chirac? Not to mention Neil Bush staying in France with his children.

OMG FRENCH SYMPATHIZERS!!!!11111

Guest MikeSC
I would do a complete clean sweep of the intelligence agency, like Kennedy did after the bay of pigs... it sure would make him look alot better

oh but by doing that, that would mean basically admitting his administration may have been wrong... nope nope, cant do that

Nope, it'd be putting blame for the problems on others which Bush has not done thus far.

-=Mike

Guest thebigjig

Nope, it'd be putting blame for the problems on others which Bush has not done thus far.

-=Mike

I dont understand that logic... if you cant get the job done right, you get a pink slip... ESPECIALLY when matters of national security are at hand

Guest thebigjig
Actually, Mike, I think a better idea would be to publish two Kerry books -- one contradicting the other...

not a bad idea lol

but I also suggest two different books about the Osama/Saddam connection... one written by everyone else in the administration (no link) and one written by Dick Cheney

It's clearly my opinion.

Fair enough.

Kerry is too much like Clinton in that regard.

-=Mike

Don't badmouth cheese.

It's political protocol to lie about everything, whether that's being politically correct or not. Just deal with it.

Guest Cerebus
Whats worse...playing bagpipes or drunk driving?

http://www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies/r...erring.html

A Red Herring is a fallacy in which an irrelevant topic is presented in order to divert attention from the original issue. The basic idea is to "win" an argument by leading attention away from the argument and to another topic. This sort of "reasoning" has the following form:

Topic A is under discussion.

Topic B is introduced under the guise of being relevant to topic A (when topic B is actually not relevant to topic A).

Topic A is abandoned.

This sort of "reasoning" is fallacious because merely changing the topic of discussion hardly counts as an argument against a claim.