TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Twisted Intestine

Deities Draft

BlackFlagg: Odin, SET, Kali, Ishtar, Apollo, Illyria, Ric Flair, Azrael, Tyr, Beelzebub

Just John: Allah, Anubis, Quetzalcoatl, Jotun, Dionysus, Athena, JBL, Unkulunkulu, Xenu, Ahura Mazda

Twisted Intestine: Buddha, The Sun, Glooscap, Brahman, Darren, The User, Durga, Hercules, Geb, Krishna

Nighthawk: Satan, Loki, Azathoth, Glycon, Pan, Flying Spaghetti Monster, Caligula, Belial, Leviathan, Nothing

RepoMan: Joseph Smith, Waheguru, Shoko Asahara, Persephone, Juno, Ugallu, Hachiman, The Prophet Muhammad, Marshall Applewhite, Brahma

Kahran Ramsus: Zeus, Poseidon, Hades, Ra, Michael, Artemis, Amaterasu, Dr. Manhattan, Freya, Heimdall

The Ghost of bps21: I AM, Aphrodite, Chronos

Brooklyn Zoo: Jesus Christ, Raiden, Thor, The Avatar, Osiris

Burning Pirate Ship Sex: Ganesha, Ares, Shiva, Horus

KOAB:

I'm salivating at the thought.

As far as Jesus, he's generally the same in all religions, he's just typically a prophet. As for the God of Christianity/Judaism/Islam, I think that's definitely a distinction: you could say YHWH, Allah and... another one, I don't know. Elohim.

I might have to brush up on some of the lesser deities in various mythologies, but I'll play.

And I don't think you can separate Yahweh, God, and Allah. All those Judeo-Christian religions just build off history. The one constant is that it's always the same god.

Now, will prophets/human religious figures be allowed (i.e. Jesus, Muhammed, The Buddha)?

But there's not really a god, so they're different. It's like saying that Kevin Costner and Cary Elwes are the same Robin Hood.

Don't mind me, though, as I wouldn't have taken any of them anyway.

But there's not really a god, so they're different. It's like saying that Kevin Costner and Cary Elwes are the same Robin Hood.

So then, could one pick Zeus and Jupiter separately?

Okay, I'm thinking they should count as one. Just because I will be bored if people select them 3 times. I want some obscure gods in this!

"Now, will prophets/human religious figures be allowed (i.e. Jesus, Muhammed, The Buddha)?"

Yes.

Ok, just checking since it's the same thing as Yahweh/God/Allah (one deity renamed in a different language).

No, it's different than that. Those three gods (and calling the Christian god "God" is a misnomer) all have very distinct personalities. What those religions share, if anything, is Abraham.

But once again, I don't care. They're not on my list.

I don't intend to participate, but I still think they should be separate. They're purported to have done different things, even if they're all technically one and the same.

Ok, we'll go with 8. Orders up, BPS has until 2:55AM EST

It's decided that there's 3 Gods, so specify.

There's 2 more spots to fill, so if anybody wants to sign up you have until the end of round 1 to do so, and I'll stick you on the bottom of the list.