TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Aero

WWE Encyclopedia

Has anyone else seen this new WWE Encyclopedia? I was flipping through it at a book store today, and it's just such a great way to pass the time. It has a blurb on apparently EVERYONE that has ever competed in WWE, including guys like Battle Kat, Just Joe, Knuckleball Schwartz, and likely anyone else you can think of. It even has a half page for Chris Benoit, but the blurb just ends with basically "He won the World Title at WM XX, and after losing to Orton, he stayed in top contention for the next few years".

Has anyone else seen this new WWE Encyclopedia? I was flipping through it at a book store today, and it's just such a great way to pass the time. It has a blurb on apparently EVERYONE that has ever competed in WWE, including guys like Battle Kat, Just Joe, Knuckleball Schwartz, and likely anyone else you can think of. It even has a half page for Chris Benoit, but the blurb just ends with basically "He won the World Title at WM XX, and after losing to Orton, he stayed in top contention for the next few years".

510UnVYFncL._SS400_.jpg

Looks interesting. I'll have to browse the next time I'm at Barnes and Noble if they have it.

Kinda odd cover though, Dibiase, Jake, Blassie, Edge, and whoever is on the far right over Hogan, Bret, Flair, Andre, and Piper? Anyone have an idea on who that is on the right?

It'd be cool to have WWE someday do a true encyclopedia or reference piece instead of just a coffee table book like this one. They could have it span WWF/E, WCW, AWA, ECW, WCCW and whatever other rights they have. Have each volume cover 2-3 letters of the alphabet and include in 2-3 DVDs of matches for the bigger names (main eventers and mid-carders) from that volume. Price each set around $30-40 and you've got a nice little collectible series that could be a constant revenue stream for years as the volumes would have to be spaced out.

Looks to me that Piper is on the cover in the far right in the blue tights right below Million Dollar Man.

I put down an order on the Encyclopedia just beacuse I am a sucker for anything history or stats based like this. Im interested to see how deep into the past roster they will go with it although judging from the pictures on Amazon featuring such past greats as Battle Kat, Avatar and Kabuki id say it covers quite a lot.

Haha - HHH's picture is bigger than Austin and Rock's.

EDIT - Not that it matters, I'm just nitpicking.

Really if the NFL did a book Payton Manning would be front and center an Joe Montana, Marino etc would be the smaller pictures

This is how to put your current product over.

Has anyone picked up the WWE Encyclopedia yet? I'm morbidly curious as to how much tip toeing they will do around Benoit, or if they will just state the facts and stats, and move on.

Has anyone picked up the WWE Encyclopedia yet? I'm morbidly curious as to how much tip toeing they will do around Benoit, or if they will just state the facts and stats, and move on.

I don't remember where I saw it but apparently there was a half page blurb on him that concluded with him dropping the title to Orton at Summerslam 2004 and stayed in contention for major titles for a few more years.

I don't remember where I saw it but apparently there was a half page blurb on him that concluded with him dropping the title to Orton at Summerslam 2004 and stayed in contention for major titles for a few more years.

I'm fine with it being a blurb about him. Don't need any pics or anything like that. Just state the facts and move on to the next guy.

I pawed through the new WWE Encyclopedia book tonight at Barnes and Noble, and I must say I'm impressed. This book is thorough, covering just about everything of importance in the companies history, and profiling nearly every single wrestler / gimmick to appear, including one shots like Friar Ferguson and Phantasio, and Ed Leslie's unidentified masked character that appeared twice and vanished. I'm sure someone will eventually come up with a list of everyone who was ommited, but just from my quick look through the book, TL Hopper and Jim Neidhart's "Who" character are absent, which I find odd seeing how they were at least as noteworthy as Battle Kat or Freddy Joe Floyd, both of whom do appear. Velvet Macentyre is also absent from the book, and she held the Women's title! Other than that however, I couldn't find anyone else they had missed, regardless of obscurity.

I pawed through the new WWE Encyclopedia book tonight at Barnes and Noble, and I must say I'm impressed. This book is thorough, covering just about everything of importance in the companies history, and profiling nearly every single wrestler / gimmick to appear, including one shots like Friar Ferguson and Phantasio, and Ed Leslie's unidentified masked character that appeared twice and vanished. I'm sure someone will eventually come up with a list of everyone who was ommited, but just from my quick look through the book, TL Hopper and Jim Neidhart's "Who" character are absent, which I find odd seeing how they were at least as noteworthy as Battle Kat or Freddy Joe Floyd, both of whom do appear. Velvet Macentyre is also absent from the book, and she held the Women's title! Other than that however, I couldn't find anyone else they had missed, regardless of obscurity.

Jameson.

Kizarny?

Here's a few off the top of my head who had very limited time:

Key (Vic Grimes)

Stephanie's trainer

Buff Bagwell

Mad Maxine

Scott Hudson