TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
haws bah gawd

Subway thread

So I was trying to get some supper at the Subway in the mall where I work, tonight. I wanted to get the Subway Club, but they were OUT of turkey and ham. How does a fucking SANDWICH SHOP not keep ham and turkey in stock? It's been about 2 weeks since they had any ham, so I wasn't really expecting them to have any in, but not having turkey is just ridiculous.

Anyone get the new Garlic Bread from Subway? It's a little heavy on the garlic but not too bad.

Had it on a meatball sub and it wasnt bad, but the bread was already so dry before toasting it that it wasnt the greatest. Could have (and maybe is) alot better than my first try.

Recently was down south on a mini vacation and stopped at a few Del Tacos. Never had been to them before, but was pretty impressed. In particular, their fish tacos were damn good.

Also fell into what I think is a great concept - fast food italian. At a place called Fazolis - anyone ever been to em? Had a cheap sampler plate of fettucine alfredo, spaghetti, and lasagna plus a salad and drink for something like $6. Plus they have the best garlic breadsticks I've ever had, and served unlimited via them bringing a basket around the restaurant as you eat, fresh out of the oven. Why there isnt more of these around the country baffles me.

Anyone get the new Garlic Bread from Subway? It's a little heavy on the garlic but not too bad.

Had it on a meatball sub and it wasnt bad, but the bread was already so dry before toasting it that it wasnt the greatest. Could have (and maybe is) alot better than my first try.

Recently was down south on a mini vacation and stopped at a few Del Tacos. Never had been to them before, but was pretty impressed. In particular, their fish tacos were damn good.

Also fell into what I think is a great concept - fast food italian. At a place called Fazolis - anyone ever been to em? Had a cheap sampler plate of fettucine alfredo, spaghetti, and lasagna plus a salad and drink for something like $6. Plus they have the best garlic breadsticks I've ever had, and served unlimited via them bringing a basket around the restaurant as you eat, fresh out of the oven. Why there isnt more of these around the country baffles me.

That is a piece of shit fat food joint, breadsticks are marginal at best and everything else is a joke. Why there aren't less of them baffles me.

The Garlic Bread Meatball isn't all that bad, but only with fresh bread of course.

Melted cheese, olives, pepper, oil and vinegar, carrots, lettuce, sweet onion dressing shit.

I always go for tuna, melted cheese, green peppers, jalapenos, ketchup and mustard.

How about you?

Ketchup & mustard with tuna? Weeeeeird. Also, disgusting.

I rock the tuna sub (2.5 or 3 scoops, depending on how much tuna makes it into each scoop), with American cheese and lettuce. I also have them cut the roll "the old way" - cut around the top in a v-cut pattern & pull off the top (as opposed to just slicing it down the side), then put in the fillings in cheese/tuna/lettuce order, then put the top back on.

I'm pretty boring I guess. I like the Chicken & Bacon Ranch, with cheese, lettuce, pickles, onions, jalapenos, and ranch(obviously).

Sometimes I get honey mustard on top of the ranch.

chicken breast

italian herb and cheese or honey oat

lettuce

tomatoes

cucumbers x 2

green peppers

hot sauce

I always go for tuna, melted cheese, green peppers, jalapenos, ketchup and mustard.

How about you?

Ketchup & mustard with tuna? Weeeeeird. Also, disgusting.

I rock the tuna sub (2.5 or 3 scoops, depending on how much tuna makes it into each scoop), with American cheese and lettuce. I also have them cut the roll "the old way" - cut around the top in a v-cut pattern & pull off the top (as opposed to just slicing it down the side), then put in the fillings in cheese/tuna/lettuce order, then put the top back on.

I get the same, except extra lettuce and mayo. I also get it toasted.

I usually have one of three subs, all fixed pretty much the same way...

Chicken Bacon Ranch

Roast Beef

Peppercorn Turkey

All on wheat bread with melted swiss, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, green peppers, oil and vinegar... though the chicken bacon ranch gets a little bit of the ranch sauce

BMT on the cheesy bread with provolone and regular mustard and all the other condiments available except carrots (olives, all 3 types of peppers, cucumbers, onion, lettuce, tomato, pickle, spinach)

and I dont want my sub toasted nuked in a fucking microwave..thanks very much.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

Tuna salad.

Lettuce

Fuckton of black olives

Onions

Vinegar

Tuna salad.

Lettuce

Fuckton of black olives

Onions

Vinegar

YES!!!

I always order, "A ridiculous amount of olives" on either

Sandwich A

Spicy Italian

Mayo/Mustard

Lettuce

Cukes

Tomatoes

S+P

Sandwich B

Prime Rib

Mayo/Southwest

Lettuce

Cukes

Tomatoes

Banana Peppers

But it's all about the olives.

One girl put so many on it was like another layer or two of meat.

tuna salad on whole wheat

ground black pepper

baby spinach leaves

black olives

pickle

red onion

in that order

12" wheat bread

tomato

spinach

green pepper

cucumber

carrot

light pickle

light olive

vinegar & oil

They know what I want when I show up. Every time.

I used go with: turkey sub, white bread, cheese, lettuce, tomato, mustard, mayo, and oil.

Now it's pretty much the chicken bacon ranch with any type of bread (toasted), usually without any veggies (I'm not a very healthy eater, as you can probably tell).

Considering I used to work there I don't go very often.

But when/if I do:

Tuna on wheat

swiss cheese

cukes

green peppers

salt pepper

lettuce

tomato

anything else green they may have.

Back when I worked there my favorites were:

Seafood salad, with above (I don't think they carry this anymore)

or

Steak slices

Horseradish sauce (again not carried)

banana peppers

green peppers

spicy!

Depends.

1- Footlong tuna on parmesean oregano, american cheese, thin line of southwest sauce, lettuce, onions, green pepper, cucumbers, salt and pepper.

2- Footlong subway club on honey oat, provolone cheese, thin line of mayo, thin line of southwest sauce, lettuce, onions, green pepper, banana peppers, oil, vinegar, salt and pepper.

3- Footlong Italian BMT on italian herb and cheese, swiss cheese, thin line of mayo, thin line of southwest sauce, lettuce, onions, green pepper, cucumbers, carrots, oil, vinegar, salt and pepper.

Footlong Spicy Italian on Italian Herb and Cheese bread

- Provolone cheese

- Lettuce

- Light mayo

- Onions

- Olives

- Ranch Dressing (fuck yeah)

- Black Pepper/Oil/Vinegar

Footlong Tuna on White

- American cheese

- Lettuce

- Mayo

- Olives

- Green Peppers

- Black Pepper

I usually get the Chicken Bacon Ranch ( I did every time when all footlongs were $5) or Ham, American Cheese, Lettuce, Tomatoes, Pickles, Olives, Green Peppers, Banana Peppers, and Ranch Dressing. Both on either Wheat or Italian.