Total Votes: 36
Guests cannot vote 
BUTT
post Jan 14 2009, 02:21 AM
Post #1

BUTT

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,264

The time is right to decide this. The three titans of chocolate do battle in an epic triple threat match.

Hershey: Hershey bar, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and/or Pieces, Kisses, 5th Avenue, Mr. Goodbar, Krackel, Heath Bar, Kit Kat

Nestle: Crunch, Butterfinger, 100 Grand, Baby Ruth

Mars: Mars bar, Snickers, M&Ms, Milky Way, Twix, 3 Musketeers
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Red Baron
post Jan 14 2009, 03:11 AM
Post #2

Screw Your Problem, I'm Talking About Me!

Member No.: 1,389

Hershey. My hatred for Snickers overpowers my love for Twix, 3 Musketeers and M&M's.

+Quote Post
Maztinho
post Jan 14 2009, 10:20 AM
Post #3

Convicted of Spork Assault, 1987

Member No.: 3,506

Mars bar. The only thing I really dig out of Hershey is the Peanut Butter cups.

+Quote Post
CanadianChris
post Jan 14 2009, 10:31 AM
Post #4

Retired

Member No.: 359

Oh man, this is impossible. One the one hand, you have Hershey, who also makes Oh Henry!, Glosettes, and Cookies 'n' Creme bars up here. On the other you have Nestle, which also makes Coffee Crisp and Aero.

I have to go Hershey by a hair. Although really, Cadbury (Caramilk, Dairy Milk, Fruit & Nut, Mr. Big and the Easter Creme Eggs) should be the true winner.

+Quote Post
Guest_Vitamin X_*
post Jan 14 2009, 11:46 AM
Post #5

Guests

No competition for me- I go Hershey's all the way here. Nestle comes close with Crunch and Mars with Twix, but Hershey has the stronger product line. And Mars/Milky Way seems to be way too into that chewy caramel toffee crap that permeates every crevice of your teeth.

Hershey is the best American-owned company here, although sadly they've been moving jobs out of the states recently to Mexico and Canada- something that they didn't do in the 90's and were praised for.

+Quote Post
Guest_Czech please!_*
post Jan 14 2009, 11:56 AM
Post #6

Guests

Hershey sucks. Most of that is just plain old chocolate. Kisses. Who gives a fuck. I'll eat a Mr. Goodbar if you give one to me, but I've never actively sought them. I'll eat the hell out of a Heath bar, though.

Nestle has some heavy hitters, and the Butterfinger is my favorite candy bar of all, but Nestle Crunch underwhelms me, and renaming Nestle Quik "NesQuik" never made any sense to me.

But Mars! Praised be the god of war and the confections that bear his name! The 3 Musketeers/Milky Way/Snickers pyramid has never let me down. Skittles and Starburst are never disappointing. I hate M&Ms, but that's like begrudging a crappy song on the white album: there are so many other good ones that you can allow for a misfire or two. There are so many great varieties of Starburst, Skittles, and Twix. All great. Mars gets my vote.

Am I correct to believe that the sequel to this thread is Kellogg's/Post/General Mills?

+Quote Post
Guest_Vitamin X_*
post Jan 14 2009, 12:03 PM
Post #7

Guests

Czech and I are complete polar opposites on the candy bar spectrum. Who cares if it's just plain old chocolate? That's the beauty of it. Same with M&m's, Hershey's kisses (especially the white chocolate swirl ones- they still make em? Best chocolate ever!).

And I've had a lot of disappointing Starbursts. Sticky, sugary substance with synthesized fruit "flavor" added for variety. Blech. Ditto Skittles.

Dagoba is actually my favorite chocolate bar company. (edit: Except I just looked up some information on them and found that in 2006 they were acquired by Hershey, although they're still based out of Oregon. Further cementing my vote there!)

+Quote Post
CanadianChris
post Jan 14 2009, 12:20 PM
Post #8

Retired

QUOTE (Vitamin X @ Jan 14 2009, 12:46 PM) *
Hershey is the best American-owned company here, although sadly they've been moving jobs out of the states recently to Mexico and Canada- something that they didn't do in the 90's and were praised for.

Don't be lumping us in there. Our Hershey plant in Smiths Falls is closing down. All those jobs are going to Mexico.

+Quote Post
jwest27
post Jan 14 2009, 12:46 PM
Post #9

some guy

Member No.: 8,270

QUOTE (Czech please! @ Jan 14 2009, 11:56 AM) *
But Mars! Praised be the god of war and the confections that bear his name! The 3 Musketeers/Milky Way/Snickers pyramid has never let me down. Skittles and Starburst are never disappointing. I hate M&Ms, but that's like begrudging a crappy song on the white album: there are so many other good ones that you can allow for a misfire or two. There are so many great varieties of Starburst, Skittles, and Twix. All great. Mars gets my vote.

I agree with pretty much all of this, except I dislike Snickers. I don't mind the peanuts, but the whole thing just seems off.

+Quote Post
Guest_Czech please!_*
post Jan 14 2009, 01:38 PM
Post #10

Guests

The swirly Kisses were called Hugs. I haven't seen them lately.

I like straight chocolate, preferably dark chocolate, but if I'm in the market for that, I'll go to Fannie May or a little hole-in-the-wall candy store, or just a bag of Ghirardelli, which I like. A block of plain old mediocre Hershey's milk chocolate, who gives a shit. I need gimmicks to my candy.

+Quote Post
EricMM
post Jan 14 2009, 01:54 PM
Post #11

Little Green Bastard

Member No.: 503

Reese's FTW.

+Quote Post
Guest_Vitamin X_*
post Jan 14 2009, 02:23 PM
Post #12

Guests

That's what I'm saying. Sure Butterfingers are great and all, but you can't disparage the good name of a Reese's peanut butter cup.

Although I do love some Ghirardelli too. Never heard of Fannie May chocolate- is that how they got that sweet, sweet government money?

+Quote Post
Big Ol' Smitty
post Jan 14 2009, 03:19 PM
Post #13

Emily Fucking Post.

Member No.: 6,322

I have joined Czech as an acolyte of the red planet, mostly due to Mars & Milky Way bars. I do like Heath Bars (especially Heath Bar Blizzards from DQ!). And Nestle has a couple of studs in Butterfinger and 100 Grand. But ultimately, I think I have to go Mars.

+Quote Post
CanadianGuitaris...
post Jan 14 2009, 03:25 PM
Post #14

Okay. Blue Jays. Let's. Play. Ball.

Member No.: 6,234

QUOTE (CanadianChris @ Jan 14 2009, 01:20 PM) *

Don't be lumping us in there. Our Hershey plant in Smiths Falls is closing down. All those jobs are going to Mexico.

It hasn't closed yet? I remember hearing about probably 18 months ago.

I can't decide. Give me a few days - my Dad and I had a discussion about our five fave chocolate bars, and it took, like, a week of decision.

+Quote Post
Big Ol' Smitty
post Jan 14 2009, 03:47 PM
Post #15

Emily Fucking Post.

Member No.: 6,322

Have any of you ne'er-do-wells ever eaten this?

(IMG:http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/50/MilkyWaySpread.JPG/250px-MilkyWaySpread.JPG)

+Quote Post
YourKock'sRe...
post Jan 14 2009, 04:47 PM
Post #16

Suckin' on dicks all the day long

Group: Banned
Member No.: 11,229

QUOTE (bigolshitty @ Jan 14 2009, 04:47 PM) *

Is that fluff in there?

+Quote Post
treble
post Jan 14 2009, 05:19 PM
Post #17

Office Glen

Member No.: 141

QUOTE (CanadianGuitarist @ Jan 14 2009, 04:25 PM) *
QUOTE (CanadianChris @ Jan 14 2009, 01:20 PM) *

It hasn't closed yet? I remember hearing about probably 18 months ago.

I think it's just closing up now. If that town weren't a big enough shithole as it is, rampant unemployment will sure help!

Although I will miss trips to the Hershey store there.

+Quote Post
BUTT
post Jan 14 2009, 06:52 PM
Post #18

BUTT

QUOTE (Czech please! @ Jan 14 2009, 12:56 PM) *
and renaming Nestle Quik "NesQuik" never made any sense to me.

That's what it was always called all around the world. Worldwide branding NO LOGO and all that .

I hate M&Ms,

Unacceptable.

Am I correct to believe that the sequel to this thread is Kellogg's/Post/General Mills?

I'll consider it.

+Quote Post
MarvinisaLunatic
post Jan 14 2009, 08:51 PM
Post #19

?

Member No.: 47

QUOTE (Sensei John Kreese @ Jan 14 2009, 03:21 AM) *
The time is right to decide this. The three titans of chocolate do battle in an epic triple threat match.

Hershey: Hershey bar, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and/or Pieces, Kisses, 5th Avenue, Mr. Goodbar, Krackel, Heath Bar, Kit Kat

How dare you leave out the greatest candy bar known to mankind!!

(IMG:http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2356/2277906833_dd288c6554_m.jpg)

I cant in good conscience vote for Hershey however since they've begun removing the cocoa butter from their candies and replacing it with vegetable oil which is cheaper and also makes it illegal to call the them "milk chocolate" (they are instead "chocolately' or "chocolate candy" or whatever) They havent done it to their flagship stuff yet, but take a look at a Krackle or Mr. Goodbar and you'll see what they're doing. They even did it to my favorite candy bar, which is why Im pissed off.

Ive gotta go M&M Mars.

+Quote Post
BUTT
post Jan 14 2009, 10:56 PM
Post #20

BUTT

I don't know what that bar is!

+Quote Post
CanadianGuitaris...
post Jan 14 2009, 11:11 PM
Post #21

Okay. Blue Jays. Let's. Play. Ball.

Member No.: 6,234

Yeah, what is that? Is that a Whatchamacalit? I haven't seen those for sale since I was eight years old - 1992.

+Quote Post
The Niggardly Ki...
post Jan 15 2009, 12:43 AM
Post #22

IS IT GETTING THE BEST OF YOU?

Member No.: 6,181

I'm seriously the only one rolling with Nestle?

+Quote Post
DrVenkman PhD
post Jan 15 2009, 04:35 AM
Post #23

Former Mr. Wrestling 2008

Member No.: 2,704

Put me in the "I have no idea what Marvin posted a picture of" club.

The list of Nestle products sure undersells them - they seem to have a bigger name in Canada. Perhaps it's the Aero and Coffee Crisp we enjoy up here. I once had a job - well to be more accurate, my mom had the job and I helped since it was the summer and school was out - working for some group called "Actmedia" where they sent you on point of sale checks / re-arrangements to all the Mac's convenience marts. I only did this twice - once for Pepsi (which was checking "Pepsi Stuff" standees and signs, and also standing in a very cold freezer seeing what flavours were in stock) and other was for Nestle, peeling off stickers for their nickel candy, putting up new ones, and moving the boxes around. I didn't really like that one.

Hershey's makes good chocolate but there is nothing spectacular about it. I also despise the fact that bags of miniatures come with dark chocolate, and a lot of it (ONE piece is too many). I did enjoy getting a Nutrageous whenever I was in the US as those don't exist here, just the very similar but not similar enough "Fast Break".

Mars wins though - M&M's are great while Snickers and Mars bars are terrific. That's really all they need to win.

+Quote Post
Guest_Agent of Oblivion_*
post Jan 15 2009, 07:14 AM
Post #24

Guests

Who makes Bun? I love me a Bun. Maple.

+Quote Post
CanadianChris
post Jan 15 2009, 08:05 AM
Post #25

Retired

QUOTE (CanadianGuitarist @ Jan 15 2009, 12:11 AM) *
Yeah, what is that? Is that a Whatchamacalit? I haven't seen those for sale since I was eight years old - 1992.

Indeed it is.

+Quote Post
Kahran Ramsus
post Jan 15 2009, 09:40 AM
Post #26

The Face of Evil

Member No.: 93

QUOTE (CanadianChris @ Jan 14 2009, 11:31 AM) *
Oh man, this is impossible. One the one hand, you have Hershey, who also makes Oh Henry!, Glosettes, and Cookies 'n' Creme bars up here. On the other you have Nestle, which also makes Coffee Crisp and Aero.

I have to go Hershey by a hair. Although really, Cadbury (Caramilk, Dairy Milk, Fruit & Nut, Mr. Big and the Easter Creme Eggs) should be the true winner.

Yeah, Cadbury is easily the best major chocolate company so I don't know why it isn't on this poll.

On the poll though, the answer is Hershey. Cookies N Creme is probably my favourite single chocolate bar out there.

(IMG:http://candybarlab.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/hersheyscc_wr.jpg)

+Quote Post
MarvinisaLunatic
post Jan 15 2009, 09:56 AM
Post #27

?

Member No.: 47

QUOTE (CanadianChris @ Jan 15 2009, 09:05 AM) *
QUOTE (CanadianGuitarist @ Jan 15 2009, 12:11 AM) *

Indeed it is.

I loved them when I was a kid and then I didnt see them much after about 1996ish, then when I went to SC for College they had them down there and I went nuts. When I came back to MD they were still not sold here, but about 2 or 3 years ago they made a comeback at least here anyway.

+Quote Post
PILLS! PILLS...
post Jan 15 2009, 10:38 AM
Post #28

PILLS! PILLS! PILLS!

Member No.: 10,013

Mars. They have the peanut butter M&M's, therefore, they have my vote.

+Quote Post
Spaceman Spiff
post Jan 15 2009, 08:16 PM
Post #29

Member No.: 24

Hershey - Reese's Peanut Butter Cups & York Peppermint Patties are just too strong. Hershey's Chocolate Syrup, too! I'm also from eastern Pennsylvania, so I think I'm contractually bound to vote for Hershey. Mars is a close 2nd with 3 Musketeers & Milky Way.

+Quote Post
King Kamala
post Jan 15 2009, 09:25 PM
Post #30

Goodbye

Member No.: 2,255

QUOTE (mellow rennt @ Jan 15 2009, 11:38 AM) *
Mars. They have the peanut butter M&M's, therefore, they have my vote.

I'm going with Mars as well but with the ever elusive Almond M&Ms (I can only seem to be find them in the big bags) as the deciding factory in my vote.. Plus they got Twix, Milky Way, and Snickers, which while not the greatest candy bars in the world, are remarkably consistent. Plus I love me some Starburst. Skittles I can take or leave but that's the only one of their heavy hitters that I don't like.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd August 2017 - 12:52 PM
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here