TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest BillyTheStud

The Ultimate Warrior bashes Goldberg!!

Guest BillyTheStud

http://www.ultimatewarrior.com/110102.htm

Hello warriors. I want to use this email I just received as the topic I will write on today. Here it is:

<<<Oh man. You know seems to me we both have one thing in common. We both are very arrogant, but I at least have a reason. I see you quit belittling people, and that is a plus.

However, it still seems as if you seem to think the world revolves around you. I agree the wrestling world has gone through many changes, some of which I do not like either.

However, I continue to watch it to show support to the athletes, such as I did for you at one time.

Now, I find myself a bit miffed at why I may have done so. However, it still remains true that I can not take nothing away from the way that you electrified the crowd, or your ring skills. You were among the best in those areas. However, I call it as I see it, when I say you deserve an "F" in the attitude department. You seem to forget the success that you have today, has and will always be credited to that of which you were in the WWF and WCW.

Remember this Warrior, for it is merely a forgotten fact. I do commend you on one thing and that is that you do indeed deserve credit for your positive attitude. In light of this just remember, you, too, are human.

Sincerely,

Angel Starr>>>

I once did this internet thing called “e-diot”. I would take e-mails professing outrageous, contradictory positions (each one expressed vehemently) and tear them apart exposing their idiotic (e-diotic) bottom-line. This guy (or girl) switches their own position a number of times within 30 lines, just shy of 300 words. But I’m not going to dissect all the “jumping of the fence” that is going on within it. I just want to use two parts, and not even use them to criticize this person’s contradictory thinking, but to initiate what I want to write on today, and maybe Monday. These:

1) However, I call it as I see it, when I say you deserve an "F" in the attitude department. You seem to forget the success that you have today, has and will always be credited to that of which you were in the WWF and WCW.

2) In light of this just remember, you, too, are human.

What is success? And, moreover, what exactly is MY success, as this person so well seems to know it. He is really just saying what many others say. That whatever positive aspects (I mean, we do associate positive with success, not negative, correct?) there are to my life, its positive quality comes directly from having had my career in wrestling. That is sad.

It is sadder that success for this person, like so many others (and I know, I meet them all the time -- all the time), means one or a combination of having these things: celebrity, money, or the material things money can buy, etc. To this person, it has to mean that -- they do not know me well enough to know of any of the other ways success could be understood by me. Furthermore, for the quality of my life to be “successful” I don’t look to or have to depend on wrestling, either participating in it or forever selling the memory of it. And that doesn’t have anything to do with any unlikely possibility of my having coffers of cash stowed away, as people who think like this person will next say. It has to do with this: I depend on the fact that I am a human being. Because I am, I can learn anything and do anything even beyond having done something that was already successful. Thinking the opposite of this, as this person obviously does, is the saddest part. People who think like this are, every minute of every day, rejecting an ability they carry around with them everywhere they are, everywhere they go.

When I go out and speak I make it clear that I’m not there to speak specifically on success. I do not even title myself as strictly a motivational speaker, because those kind are only charlatans whose own success depends entirely on closing the sale with you to buy their wares, i.e., audiotapes, progress plans and other psychological gimmickry, etc. All of it ending up collecting dust on your shelf. We’ll save that topic for another day. Relative to success -- success comes in many different forms, and it is never the same later in life as it is when you are young and chasing it. Each of us as different from another as our fingerprint, each of us will experience life experiences differently. And, this is very important: success has more to do with what you do not have than it does with what you do have. My whole take on success is this: You have what it takes. Do what it takes. Get to that place of success you envision as fast as you can. Then you will be prepared to learn its absolute truth.

We should be teaching young people these plain and powerful truths from the moment we begin educating them. Like we teach them the ABC’s, we should be teaching them what I call the first fundamental factor of education: You are a human being, the rational animal. Potential in your life is derived from being the being that you are, and that all alone.

Success in my life is NOT derived from my career in wrestling or the success I achieved in it. Of course, I think for myself and I don’t live my life second-handedly and I don’t give a rat’s rearend what others-who-do-not-think think.

Many people, not just a few -- many, believe success somehow falls from the sky; that some have supernatural sun shine down on them while others do not; that people are born with a silver spoon in their mouth or they are not; that some are dealt the “luck” card and others are not...this is ALL hogwash.

The outcome of your life, at any stage, is directly (objectively) dependent on your thinking and acting. In effect, dependent on the choices you make. You can’t make what you know to be a bad choice and have as a result in direct sequence to the choice made, a good consequence. Wrong choices = wrong consequences. Bad choices = bad consequences.

(FREE WILL. The power you have as a human being also comes with an equally powerful responsibility. I will be writing on this later.)

I state what I state with the force that I do, here in this post and throughout other posts I’ve made, not because I want others to say “Look at him, look at what he has done.” What I did in wrestling in the bigger picture of things was a seriously, unimportant joke. Sure, as personal/professional success story I am proud of what I accomplished there, and I have stalwartly defended it regularly. And I will continue to. But it has always been a part of me even as The Ultimate Warrior to inspire people to see the greatness in themselves -- see the greatness you have simply because you are born the being that you are. To have others stand up and declare with the same force, same degree of pride, same degree of confidence, same clenched fist and jaw and say: MY OWN LIFE IS IMPORTANT. It is so simple but it is not being taught simply.

Somebody sent me an email where Goldberg was talking about once wearing an Ultimate Warrior Halloween outfit. His reason, when asked, “Why?” was “Don’t know. I just thought it was funny.” That’s funny. Funny enough that I can’t possibly leave it alone.

Truth is, Goldberg, you were a kid that was an UW fan. Just like a lot of the other “now” talent, all of them prevented from publicly saying so. Puppets on a string do not speak or act for themselves. And, not knowing your exact age, my guess is that you were likely not a little 8-10 year old -- around the first of the 90’s when The Ultimate Warrior Halloween costume was top of the merchandise list -- but a teenage kid who thought UW was kick-ass. As a male and successful top talent in the sports entertainment industry, one who has never been threatened by another’s talent -- including your own -- your refusal to tell the truth is very revealing about your own lack of true self-esteem. Of course, it is cool throughout the industry to ostracize UW. But since you are seemingly the guy holding the industry’s moral compass and since I know that the responsibility of being a role-model does not begin and end with celebrity, I’ll take the bait, and as an adult male role model point out a couple of things, and suggest maybe you pass the compass to someone more qualified.

For certain you will take what I have to say the wrong way. That I do not care about. I say it because I can and I must. And I’ve got more industry, and life, experience than you.

Integrity is not a part-time thing. Practicing it part-time is offensive. Since you did, let me model what you have, in effect, done. When I came to the WCW I treated you with respect, even complimented you that your in-the-ring intensity -- something wore off from that Halloween mask, no doubt -- motivated me in my training to return. I also talked confidently and genuinely to you about the business when you whined and were getting advice from the greatest of backstabbers: Nash, Hogan, Hall and the like. I told you to “hang in there, do your own thing, you have a great career ahead of you.”

Now, I know what everybody else was saying at the time was in fact more true. You have done nothing original. Your gimmick right now is that you, as I said, are holding the moral compass of the industry while teasing people about whether or not you will go to the vile, debased WWE. My advice is to just go. You don’t have the kind of mental integrity and courage it takes to make a stand. You don’t understand well enough the concept of respect, getting it or giving it. Furthermore, you never made it the business when someone running the show knew what they were doing. When “making it” really meant having to “make it." "One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest" comes to mind when I think about the ways things were run at WCW at the time I was there. To continue -- Steve Austin was hot and you wore black and had a bald head (what a creative coincidence), and Eric Bischoff was in a 60’s type daze -- half disbelieving NWO worked and half hallucinating of being in a shoot fight with Vince McMahon. Ratings being the standard bearer, funny how when I came in the ratings shot to an all-time high (at that time). Oh, you were till searching for “over.” Your push was more dependent on cloning, company cronyism and sycophantic favoritism, than it was on...well, I was going to make a list, let’s just say “anything else” to make it simple and make sure we include it all. Your face on WCW magazines wasn’t selling any? Ask your confidant Ross Foreman who’s face on the cover sold the most issues of any WCW mag.

Pack your black bag with your black boots and your black trunks, put your black jacket and black sunglasses on, leave your black house, take your black car and all your black cats and go off to Vinnie’s house. Smash your moral compass, because even if they put you in angles that are just heavenly, you still will be condoning all the hellish (please there is no religious connotation, call Ted Dibiase for that) crap happening all along the sidelines. Yeah, your're right. You can just rationalize all that. I ask, is there one past wrestler who has not succumbed to the very thing I heard so many of them say over and over and over, with my own ears, that they hate? My money says, for all the reasons you say you can’t go, you’ll find one that makes it so you can. Quit procrastinating. Soon you will be just like all those other bobbly-headed dolls over there...oh, the privilege you will enjoy.

Reconnect the disconnect in your character, Goldberg. You can disrespect me and what I did all you want, just as you will likely continue to do now -- but not without me pointing it out to you and handing a f’you sampling back with it. I’m the originator of that intensity (genre specific) you used so well to your advantage and till the day I die, my balls will never shrink to a point that I’m too afraid or embarrassed to say so.

Let me add, ironically, part-time integrity is ok with a lot of pro-athletes and rambunctious wannabe males who live vicariously through them. I add that because its common knowledge you hang with jocks, watch a lot of sports, and I intend to be speaking on the serious, detrimental consequences of males behaving like this.

I’m done with this...and I mean it.

Talk to you on Monday. Always Believe, Warrior

Guest Sandman9000

I didn't read through all of his mumbo jumbo, so can anyone else tell me if he made a point or not?

Guest Cataclysm911

Man, the Warrior always babbles.. but at least he usually makes some valid points.

I mean, who would wear an Ultimate Warrior Halloween costume if they didn't like the Warrior?

Guest jester

They guy wrote a zillion words responding to a 300 word mild piece of flame.

I'm going to send him one that says "You suck. You eat boogers, and it would take a team of 20 Ric Flairs working round the clock to get a ** match out of you."

And wait for him to write the novel-length response.

Guest Luke Michael

Oh holy hell!! This commentary ties with David Lee Roth's book as the most boring piece of crap I've ever read. The Warrior could give us some interesting stuff but he gives us this garbage to read. Doesn't he understand that there are no more "Warriors" anymore and he needs to drop the character or talk about wrestling. No one gives a shit about the Warrior except in wrestling and he's barely hanging on there too.

The Warrior rambles like David Lee Roth and has the ego of Michael Jackson. It's so damn annoying!!

Guest Pop Culture God

Warrior doesn't understand the fact that we all USED to like him. But that doesn't mean we should accept what he says as truth. Just because I used to like GI JOE doesn't mean I defend everything the US Army has done in it's history

Guest subliminal_animal

G.I. Joe is not the same as the Army. They're an elite fighting force that are a completely separate entity, dumbass. ;)

Guest Trivia247

one question....

What does a Collum of a Crappy Former wrestler Bashing a Overrated CRAPPY wrestler both of WHOM are not in WWE

HAVE TO DO WITH THE WWE?

AHHHHHHHH!!!!

Answer me damn youuuuu

Guest creativename
Smash your moral compass, because even if they put you in angles that are just heavenly, you still will be condoning all the hellish (please there is no religious connotation, call Ted Dibiase for that) crap happening all along the sidelines.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Crazy old f*ck made a funny.

Guest RepoMan
Your gimmick right now is that you, as I said, are holding the moral compass of the industry while teasing people about whether or not you will go to the vile, debased WWE.

Holy shit, for the Warrior not only says something that makes sense, he actually makes a good point.