TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

Who's gimmick is better than Kanyon's?

Chris Kanyon’s new WWE gimmick will be that he just recently returned from Tibet training under “the master” from the tree of woe. This is a gimmick very similar to that of Kevin Sullivan, which spawned the Dungeon of Doom storyline in WCW in the mid 1990s.

The twist this time will be that Kanyon will be doing it with his trademarked lisp, making the gimmick a comedy/joke gimmick.

credit: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Guest Memphis

Great, wouldn't want to take the talented guys in the company seriously or anything.

M

Guest TheArchiteck
The twist this time will be that Kanyon will be doing it with his trademarked lisp

He had a choice?

Guest RavishingRickRudo

IT'S FUNNY CAUSE HE DOESN'T SPEAK NORMAL! AHAHHAHAHA. HE DOETHENT THPEAK NORMAL! AAAAHAHAHAH. Oh that Vince, such a genius.

Guest AndrewTS

With business down, Vince decides to push hosses and stupid gimmicks. That worked GREAT in the early to mid 90's, didn't it?

Guest geniusMoment

At least Jackie isn't coming back as his manager now.

Guest JDMattitudeV1

Every time I think this company could not be any more stupid, they manage to prove me wrong.

Guest The Decadent Slacker

Taskmaster Kanyon? I wish i could say i was surprised. Kanyon is good, but this...too much, way too much. If he's a threat to anything other than Funaki, it might, MIGHT actually be worth something. The positive is the Kanyon-Benoit feud that is BEGGING to be done, via the past Benoit-Sullivan feud & all that. I wish they were making him a Raven-type nut instead of Sullivan '95, but what can ya do? Negative is probably the Informer thing about the DoD reunion thing someone posted.

Times like this, i wish they could have Russo & Heyman locked in a room until the next year was totally booked.

Guest Vyce

*beats head savagely against a brick wall*

I have nothing to add.

Other than I want the WWE creative team assassinated. Anyone who can get that taken care of for me, give me a call.

Please tell me this is a joke.......I wonder who though of this wanna be Jim Carrey movie crap gimmick......on the bright side though at least they have Hugh Morrus, and The Giant from the Dungeon of Doom to join him

Guest Zero_Cool

This has to be a joke. The fans are going to shit all over this in .3 seconds after it all comes to be.

My prediction: Kanyon obviously flouders in the midcard before being put down into Velocity..where he conitnues to fall, until he picks an injury that keeps him out for a few weeks, and due to that injury, he nevers see the lights of a WWE arena again and is released before the year is out.

Guest BoboBrazil

This could be good. I'll give it a chance. Hopefully this means Jackie Gayda is gone from the picture.

Guest Kid Kablam

Actually, I saw the promo he cut for this gimmick, and he's doing a good job of it. Of course that really just reflects well on Kanyon, and so the gimmick still sucks, but at least Kanyon is doing something with it.

Guest RavishingRickRudo

This will last as long as G-G-G-G-OLD-GOLD-GOLD-GOLD-GOLD-GOLDUST.

Is that still going on?

Guest Zero_Cool

I'm not sure, he hasn't been on RAW for like two weeks. I don't watch Heat, so he might still be doing it for all I know. I know that it killed the crowd pop he got before the electrocution.

Guest RavishingRickRudo

Hmm, just thinking...

...Kanyon and Goldust would be a good tag team. Stylistically they are different, but not so much different that they would clash with each other (cough Storm cough Regal cough).

They need a straight man (Lance Storm!) to play off of, and have a cool tag finisher... If they were to go through with this, that would probably be the best way to do it and they could be semi-successfull in the pitiful WWE tag division.

Guest Mole
I'm not sure, he hasn't been on RAW for like two weeks. I don't watch Heat, so he might still be doing it for all I know. I know that it killed the crowd pop he got before the electrocution.

I thought he was on Smackdown?

This is such a waste for Kanyon, he is one of the most talented wrestlers in the WWE. Vince sure knows how to push his GOOD talent...

Guest RavishingRickRudo
Nope, Goldust has COMPLETELY vanished...

He's doing a Ghostdust gimmick now?? ;)

Guest Si82
Chris Kanyon’s new WWE gimmick will be that he just recently returned from Tibet training under “the master” from the tree of woe. This is a gimmick very similar to that of Kevin Sullivan, which spawned the Dungeon of Doom storyline in WCW in the mid 1990s.

The twist this time will be that Kanyon will be doing it with his trademarked lisp, making the gimmick a comedy/joke gimmick.

Who the fuck came up with this shit?

And what the fuck are they on?

Honestly, who in the Hell thinks this could even be slightly entertaining or that anybody, anywhere would want to see this crap?

I have now lost all hope for the WWE.

Guest Goodear

Dude, lets take this wrestler and dress him up just like Rhyno complete with a bad wig. Than he can wander around backstage and spear random people and call it the Kangore Ro!

Sounds retarded doesn't it?

It's all in the execution folks.

credit: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Ok...this makes NO SENSE at all. Tibet? Tree of woe? Poor Kanyon...he deserves better.

But on the plus side, we know which WCW 1994 storyline we're getting next month...HOGAN VS THE DUNGEON OF DOOM! Piper will run it. O'Haire and Kanyon will be kinda like joint leaders. Then they'll bring up Morrus...oh, and of course we'll have to get Ed Leslie and John Tenta back. We can even have Luger back to help Hogan...and a fake Sting!

:huh:

Mmmm fake Sting = ratings!! Even better they can have a fake Hogan and all the fans turn on him, so he goes and mopes in the rafters for a year without saying anything. Then he can repel down and beat people with baseball bats.

It's Money baby!!! Money!!!

Guest Coffey

This actually doesn't sound that bad to me. The WWE makes every gimmick a "comedy angle" so that didn't even need to be said. Perhaps it will lead to Kanyon "morphing" back into Mortis? I like Kanyon, and regardless of how bad the gimmick turns out to be, a new gimmick still means more T.V. time. Even if that T.V. time is against jobbers on Velocity, at least I'll get to see Kanyon wrestle. He's one of my favorites.

I saw him cut a promo for this when Kanyon vs. Rhyno headlined Velocity. It came off really odd and the fans didn't really seem to be buying it at all. To me it just seemed like a one-shot deal to get heat.

Guest CanadianChris
This has to be a joke. The fans are going to shit all over this in .3 seconds after it all comes to be.

My prediction: Kanyon obviously flouders in the midcard before being put down into Velocity..where he conitnues to fall, until he picks an injury that keeps him out for a few weeks, and due to that injury, he nevers see the lights of a WWE arena again and is released before the year is out.

I'm writing this down so we can give you full credit when it happens, because I have no doubt it will.

It's so sad when we can predict all the bad shit that's going to happen months in advance, even if we were just kind of kidding around. I mean, I predicted Nash would be next in line for the World Cliqueweight Title back in DECEMBER, for crying out loud.

Guest Cerebus

I'm seriously curious...now that Pual Heyman was demoted (to where I have no idea) and that Steph has taken over the team...WHO makes up the creative writing team? Former wrestlers? Suits? Professional writers?