TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

OAO ECW TV Week 3 Thread - June/27th/2006.

ECW on Sci Fi preview.

Tonight on Sci Fi, things will only get tougher for WWE and ECW World Heavyweight champion Rob Van Dam. Just two days after successfully defending his championship against Edge at Vengeance, and one day after escaping Raw with the gold around his waist, RVD will face ECW's Wrestling Machine Kurt Angle in non-title action tonight on Sci Fi.

Also, after Edge interfered on RVD's behalf at Raw, the Rated-R Superstar speared the champion. Afterwards, Edge told RVD, "I'll see you tomorrow".

What will happen when the two most popular Extremists square off for the first time in an ECW ring? What did Edge have in mind when he vowed to show up on Sci Fi? There's only one way to find out, and that's to tune in live tonight at 10pm/9pm CT to ECW on Sci Fi.

I cant believe they're already giving away RVD-Angle.

I agree with you but look at this way, the main reason why the match is already happening is just to draw ratings so Sci-fi can be happy with the product.

It'll be a DQ.

Nitro did the same thing, giving away Sting/Hogan in the first couple weeks, and it sure as hell didn't hurt the buyrates for their future encounters. Not that either of these two are Sting or Hogan.

Edit: Wait, New ECW is EXTRREEEEEMMMMEEEEE, no DQs, right? (Even though Original ECW has had DQs...). Perhaps Angle goes over dirty.

I cant believe they're already giving away RVD-Angle.

It's non-title and Edge will probably interfere. If it's RVD/Angle at the ECW December PPV, over five months will have passed since tonight's match.

Well, it's non-title. If Angle picks up a cheap win after Edge (or Cena) interference, I don't think it really gives anything away. Especially since ECW doesn't have a PPV scheduled for oh........ six months.

Either way, it should be a good show tomorrow night on Sci-Fi. RVD's really had his working boots on the last few weeks, and even if the match doesn't go to a clean finish, I'm sure it should still be very good.

All I want to know is what stupid gimmick does The Sandman try to squash this week, only for him to run smack dab into Punk.

Perhaps they should have Punk come out as a blind, deaf, wrestler with a limp just to totally mess with the fans who love him. Or send him out dressed in a school girl outfit and make him do a promo where he giggles alot.

If the gimmick does not involve the Superman movie then I will be surprised.

Knowing them, they'll do it three weeks after the movie's release.

Guest nokia

I booked Rvd - Angle LAST week in my fantasy card for this week !

Along with Danny Dorring & Roadkill vs Fbi....

All I want to know is what stupid gimmick does The Sandman try to squash this week, only for him to run smack dab into Punk.

Perhaps they should have Punk come out as a blind, deaf, wrestler with a limp just to totally mess with the fans who love him. Or send him out dressed in a school girl outfit and make him do a promo where he giggles alot.

the new shoul hire "Mr 80's" Dynamite D of Xpw fame to play a different gimmick from the past every week and get caned by sandman

anyhow, last night on sci-fi they were showing this lowbudget hooro flick about giant leeches so tonight, we will get THE LEECH (and of course he could be played by Ed Leslie, as ol Brutus has leeched off Hogan and got work for many years)

Well RVD/Angle is happening so early that it is too hard to speculate if this is just a random match for ratings purposes, or if this is actually the start of an ACTUAL ECW FEUD/STORYLINE....hmmm. I guess we will have to tune in and see, lol.

Does anyone find it weird that last week the two were tagging and hugging for celebrating their win, now all of a sudden they're facing one another? I'm guessing it'll be a no finish and it'll be a swerve to where Edge comes out and both of them attack and destroy edge and damnit Sabu better go apeshit on someone tonight!

According to wwe.com, a stipulation has been added to RVD/Angle. If Angle wins, he gets placed into the WWE Championship match at Saturday Night's Main Event to make it a Fatal Fourway between RVD, Cena, Edge, and Angle. If he loses tonight, the match stays a Triple Threat.

According to wwe.com, a stipulation has been added to RVD/Angle. If Angle wins, he gets placed into the WWE Championship match at Saturday Night's Main Event to make it a Fatal Fourway between RVD, Cena, Edge, and Angle. If he loses tonight, the match stays a Triple Threat.

Well that certainly ups the ante for this match, also it would add intrigue to the fatal fourway match with two ECW guys and two WWE guys.....interesting.

Don't you mean three WWE guys and that other guy with the belts?

I'm sorry, I'm giving everything a chance, but I won't ever see Angle as ECW, just as I never saw guys like Austin as "WCW" during the Invasion

We haven't had a Fatal 4 Way for a while, and have had a few Triple Threats, (Benjamin/Carlito/Nitro, Cena/Edge/Triple H, Rey/Angle/Orton), so I'd like that match more than just the Triple Threat.

Well, the ECW crowd is going to boo RVD tonight.

Why is that?

ECW is falling into the trap of "we love our product but we hate each other" lame ass gimmick. It happened during the RAW v. SD feud and in TNA fro while. It's retarded. SD sure loved Orton when he won at SS last year, then they all wondered why he turned on them. TNA's roster for a while were screaming "lok at us! Look at our product! I'm going to beat the crap out this guy I'm in the ring with, but I really don't know why."

That's the problem that the Angle/RVD match has. No real drama as to why they're getting in the ring with each other -- which is why it screams schmoz finish with Edge saying he's "showing up" tomorrow.

We haven't had a Fatal 4 Way for a while, and have had a few Triple Threats, (Benjamin/Carlito/Nitro, Cena/Edge/Triple H, Rey/Angle/Orton), so I'd like that match more than just the Triple Threat.

I just hope it's an Elimination Fatal 4 Way rather than that sudden death crap WWE loves.

I just hope it's an Elimination Fatal 4 Way rather than that sudden death crap WWE loves.

I think if it is the first pinfall wins, then Cena will beat Van Dam. In fact, whatever the rules I think it'll end with Cena beating Van Dam.

think if it is the first pinfall wins, then Cena will beat Van Dam. In fact, whatever the rules I think it'll end with Cena beating Van Dam.

I'm leaning towards Edge pinning Cena. Cena would look better chasing the title than being the champ. Besides, Edge didn't do a bad job when he had the belt. He deserves another chance.

I think if it is the first pinfall wins, then Cena will beat Van Dam. In fact, whatever the rules I think it'll end with Cena beating Van Dam.

I'm leaning towards Edge pinning Cena. Cena would look better chasing the title than being the champ. Besides, Edge didn't do a bad job when he had the belt. He deserves another chance.

If Edge gets the belt, then he'll almost assuredly drop it to Cena at Summerslam. In the popcorn match underneath the real main event of Shawn and Hunter vs. The McMahons.

In my fantasy booking I would go with the Wrestlemania 2000 finish of having RVD losing both the belts with Edge getting the ECW belt and Cena getting the WWE belt in the second pinfall, of course.