TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
St. Gabe

Churrascaria

Have any of you ever experienced one of these? Big birthday dinner for me tonight. What did you think of it?

There's a Fogo in DC and I love it. It's a bit overpriced for dinner, but $30 for lunch is awesome. Guys in puffy pants with holsters running around shoving an endless wave of meat onto my plate is pretty superb. I always eat way more than my stomach should conceivably hold when I churrascar. Every now and then you get a cut of meat that isn't terribly great, but it doesn't really matter since you'll be able to push it aside and grab something new in about 30 seconds.

Guest Vitamin X

Yeah, Churrascarias are tremendous. We had Texas de Brazil down in Miami, among several others I'm sure, but that was the most prominent one. We have one here in Portland as well called Brazil Grill (I'm sure there's others, but this one is a few blocks from my house) and my god these places rarely disappoint.

Lunch is indeed usually a better deal than dinner, but you certainly can't go wrong for a big birthday bash. Get as full as you want. Horrible place if you're a vegetarian, obviously.

OH. FUCK. YES!

I lived in Brazil for two years, and would hit these places all the time. I was so freakin' happy when I got home and one was in my hometown. There's two there now. Too bad I'm three hours away. :(

What's great in Brazil itself is they are all over the place so while here they are usually "higher end eating" (one of the one's in Provo is more mid-level at 20 something dollars for dinner, and it's pretty solid) there they are more like Denny's. There was one in Vitoria da Conquista that was plain on the decor, but the food was top notch and it was 8 "reias" which at the time was like 4 bucks. And they had 2 liters of soda to purchase instead of a costly drink for 50 centavos.

Holy shit I miss that place.

The best eating I had was one of the higher end places in Brazil called Boi Preto (Black Bull) it had rabbit, croc, lobster, crab, halibut, practically any animal that wasn't a pet, you could eat it. 15 bucks.

AWESOME.

I have been to the one in San Francisco, CA. It was fucking amazing, and they just built one in Sacramento called "Taste of Brazil" that I will be going to next week, and they are building a higher end version in the downtown area that is supposedly going to resemble the San Francisco model more.

Yes, if you are a meat lover......GO NOW......NOOOOOWWWW!!!

I have eaten at the Miami establishment. It was easily the tastiest steak I have ever had the pleasure of consuming.

Guest Vitamin X
I have eaten at the Miami establishment. It was easily the tastiest steak I have ever had the pleasure of consuming.

I used to work at the Borders right across from it! For about a year or so. If you stopped by anytime in 2006, you may have seen me.

VX's line about Texas De Brazil in Miami made me piss myself even though it's really not that funny.

Sounds like Curry may have a bladder control problem.

Coincidently, I'm going to a birthday dinner at the local Churrascaria tomorrow night, it will be my first time at this particular type of restaurant and the reviews here certainly have increased my excitement about it. Do any of you know Boi Na Braza? I believe there's one here and in Dallas.

dinner was phenomenal. rump roast was divine, garlic steak, bacon wrapped fillet, unbelievable oyster rockefeller, and the greatest flan I've ever experienced.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

All potential hostility aside, is this in Indiana or did you go over to Chicago?

All potential hostility aside, is this in Indiana or did you go over to Chicago?

Chicago, the girl Im dating lives there, works at macy's on state street, she took me for my birthday. It was fun.. Called Brazzaz, on the corner of Grand and Dearborn

Anyone been to Fogo de Chao? I've been wanting to go for a while but I keep reading mixed reviews about how its either the greatest ever, or the service sucks the price for drinks is astronomical and depending on who's in the kitchen on what day depends on how good the food is.

I went to the Sacramento one for the second time a few weeks ago. The place never gets old. The Meat is fantastic, from the grilled sirloin to the bacon-wrapped chicken, and parmesean crusted pork. I also think some of the dishes in the salad bar are overlooked, they are pretty damn good too.

Oh and not sure if all of them offer this, but the one here serves up grilled pineapple with some cinnamon to "cleanse" your pallet for more meat....it is very tasty for something so simple.

I had the San Francisco one... dear god, it's awesome. I stuffed myself stupid, but still saved room for dessert. Maybe... maybe my new favorite restaurant.

I used to work at the Borders right across from it! For about a year or so. If you stopped by anytime in 2006, you may have seen me.

2005 actually, but I did visit that very Borders. I remember buying Nineteen Eighty Four there.