TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest MrRant

Report: Many weight-loss ads misleading

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Well, this is pretty idiotic. Of course gimmick diets and things like that don't work. If someone's really THAT worried about dropping weight, just do 3 things that are insanely simple.

1.Quit drinking pop.

2.Walk a mile a day

3.No candy.

I've lost 30 pounds and counting just doing that.

Guest hardyz1

I've recently given up soda completely. It's hard, though, since I work in a store that sells soda, and that delicious Pepsi, Mountain Dew, Wild Cherry Pepsi, and others are staring me right in the face. Damn you sugar demons!!

Guest Bosstones Fan

I've dropped 22 pounds since May 1 by doing nothing more than what you guys said. I only drink diet sodas now, I almost always skip dessert, and I'm now a jogging maniac. My goal is to be at 190 lbs by year's end...

Guest kkktookmybabyaway

"I've recently given up soda completely. It's hard, though, since I work in a store that sells soda, and that delicious Pepsi, Mountain Dew, Wild Cherry Pepsi, and others are staring me right in the face. Damn you sugar demons!!"

Hey, I smell lawsuit in your future young man (or woman, as the case may be).

BTW: The Butters Special was on South Park tonight -- Everyone knows it's Butters...

Guest Tyler McClelland

I dropped 45 lbs in 3 weeks by getting sick and not eating.

Don't reccomend it.

Guest chirs3

Or you could LIMIT soda-intake (2 per day), and walk 10 miles a week. (three hikes of 3.33 miles each). Doesn't work FAST, but it's working.

Guest CED Ordonez
Put the pop can down. 170 totally empty calories. Fatso.

One less soda and start jogging about 15 minutes. That's at least 300 less calories right there. Pay attention to how many calories your downing a day if you can. You'd be surprised how quickly snacking can take its toll on a 2000 calorie diet.

And don't eat alot right before sleeping. I've got about 10 pounds of extra belly to prove that's a bad idea.

Finally, say your prayers, eat your vitamins...something something.

Guest hardyz1
Hey, I smell lawsuit in your future young man (or woman, as the case may be).

:::sees dollar signs floating in the air:::

It's man, thank you.

BTW: The Butters Special was on South Park tonight -- Everyone knows it's Butters...

Yeah, I watched it. My favorite part is when his dad is yelling things like "LIAR, CONFESS YOU MURDERER!" and they keep cutting to shots of the Ramseys, Condit, and O.J.

One of my favorite SP episodes ever.

EDIT: A very rare spelling mistake.

Guest kkktookmybabyaway

"Yeah, I watched it. My favorite part is when his dad is yelling things like "LIAR, CONFESS YOU MURDERER!" and they keep cutting to shots of the Ramsets, Condit, and O.J."

I'm laughing right now thinking of when they were all sitting at the Thai diner doing that "gabba" club dance, or whatever it was...

Guest Ram

I've found losing weight ain't hard. People that say it is are just lazy asses. I worked my ass off to lose weight, and ended up dropping more poundage than slimfast can make you dream about.

Guest papacita
I've found losing weight ain't hard. People that say it is are just lazy asses. I worked my ass off to lose weight, and ended up dropping more poundage than slimfast can make you dream about.

Well not necessarily. I rarely work out and can lose weight easily, but I know some big guys who work their asses off and still can't seem to lose.

Guest Ram

I lost 50 pounds in 4 months. I look like athlete edition teen Kane now.

Maybe I'm supposed to be thin, I just never really put effort into staying that way. Whatev.

Guest Samurai_Goat

I read somewhere that we can eat all our normal food, but we need to walk 5 miles a day to compinsate. Speedwalk in circles for an hour.

Guest Some Guy

I'm 6'2" and weigh about 170lbs, the most I've ever weighed was 177lbs about two weeks after my 21st B-Day and heavily drinking during that period, so I stopped drinking as much and didn't eat as much and I drooped the 7lbs off my belly, now I'm thin again just like my body is supposed to be.

The only drastic weightloss I've ever had was my Senior year in high school. I got very sick about two weeks before the Prom and dropped about 15lbs. As a result I look like as skinny as a Somali in my Prom pics. 6'2" and only 145lbs is not a pretty sight.