TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Failed Mascot

Funeral Service for the Italian and 24/7 Titles

Guest Failed Mascot

Now that PRL is in control of both titles its easy to admit that they are both dead and worthless as far as legitimacy goes (of course Popick not defending a the Italian Championship for a year didn't help. Kind of ironic that PRL got the other one because it hadn't been defended, but anyways...) and have the value of an old soup can. So lets all share our favorite moments of both titles as Puerto Boring Lightning continues killing them to put himself over since he sucks.

Guest Failed Mascot

You would think he would be entertaining since all he does is basically rip off The Rock, but nope...he's still boring and terrible.

If this was actually on TV then reruns of Two Guys, A Girl, and a Pizza Place would beat his segments in the ratings department.

Guest cosbywasmurdered

We had an Italian championship?!?

I remember the 24/7 title as I held it at one point but the other I don't remember at all.

Personally, I'm very upset over what happened with the Italian title. PRL spent a lot of time building up the credibility of the Puerto Rican title, which I tried to keep going through the Drek Stone/Cappa feud for three months. Drek and Cappa had, in my opinion, an excellent series of matches through May, June, and July. And once I won the title in June, I had two very good matches with Calvin and Sly to defend it. When Cappa won the title back in July, I felt the title was looking nice. Almost even legitimate. Then Popick wins the title and suddenly it's never seen again.

It's inexcusable, it shows laziness to the highest degree, and it explains why some people seem to have a problem with Popick. To take a concept like the Italian Title that several people worked very hard on and just let it die because you don't have the ability to defend it properly is selfish. At least drop the damned title to someone else who has the time to devote it the attention it deserved. The belt was gaining a lot of momentum thanks to the efforts of PRL and myself, and now it's all gone. It pisses me off a great deal to see someone literally kill the credibility behind a championship because they were just careless.

I know someone else that was upset about the status of the 24/7 Title, but I'll let them speak for themselves if they wish to. I'm speaking for myself here.

Guest Failed Mascot
I'll win them both at the next PPV and restore credibility to them.

Its a good thing we have you here to do that. I feel confident in your abilities to accomplish this.

Guest cosbywasmurdered
I know someone else that was upset about the status of the 24/7 Title, but I'll let them speak for themselves if they wish to. I'm speaking for myself here.

You're not talking about me, but as a former holder of it, I'm pissed off too.

I'm a little upset about the fact that it was just handed to the Puerto Rican. I mean, if it had been won somehow, in a tourney or something, that'd be one thing.

I'm actually talking with PR right now, and I can say he does at least have a PLAN for the belt. I don't like the manner it was "won" either, but that's spilt milk.

I'll speak more on Popick later once I've had time to gather my thoughts. I might say more on the general situation as well.

One other thing, which PR neglected to say: he DID ask Rando if the angle would be okay. He didn't just STEAL it. He had permission from the title holder.

I don't know if you were talking about me or the big man, but add me to the list. I held the belt with two of my different characters, and it was Axel's first belt. I'm pissed off with what has been done with it, and suggested to somoene that the 24/7 belt and Italian belt be unified, and put into a Tournament, 8 Man, Single Elimination.

You're mods, you're in charge. If the general consensus (sp?) amongst the fed is that they are not happy with how the titles were just thrown on Popick and PRL, then strip them and do a Tourny. That will establish a clear third singles title, establish a strong midcard, and legitimise the belt. This isn't a rip on the PRL character, because I won't say anything that hasn't already been said. But if we're happy with how its going, then don't change the title. Let PRL do with it what he will, and go back to naming it the Puerto Rican title, his own personal HHH Memorial Vanity Belt.

To add more. I think a lot of us are also upset because of WHO is involved. PR's received a lot of criticism lately, and obviously has his detractors, and I admit, at times I've been one of them. He doesn't say much and doesn't feedback, and I don't think that's won him many friends either. I had a long talk with the man last night, and I can say he DOES care what we all think. Hopefully, he'll start being more vocal about it. In any event, this ISN'T the worst thing that could happen. I *still* wish there had been a tourney or SOMETHING to have him actually win the belt, but if he finds some non-Lightning Crew challengers and defends the belt with other people, that'll sit well with me and I'd assume everyone else. Basically, Rando wasn't interested in writing anymore (for now, anyway), and this got the belt onto an active member of the roster. Now, I know I was pretty pissed when this first went down, and I don't want anyone to think I'm going soft. It's just that I did talk with PR for a good few hours last night, and I understand a bit better both where he's coming from and where he's going now.

PR, you had better take my advice to heart, though...at least the part about speaking up a bit and leaving some feedback. I'm going to be awfully disappointed otherwise. That goes for anyone else not leaving any, as well. We're all busy, some more than others, but it really only takes a few extra minutes if you're reading the shows anyway, and if you're NOT, I have to wonder what you're even doing here.

So that all sums up my feelings on this. Was it kind of strange to have PR just handed the title? Yes. But it could be a lot worse. At least it's being used, now. As far as what the title means to me PERSONALLY, which Rob touched on with the Italian Title (and I was the "other guy"), I just hope PR defends it often, and brings his best stuff, because I *did* invest a LOT in that title to try to make it look legit. I know it has a good history to it, but I really feel like I did a lot for the belt and it me, and if it just became a Puerto Rican vanity belt I would be upset. But I'm willing to wait and see, especially after PR and I's convo last night.

So there.

Popick...well. The belt's off the character now, and the writer is just acting as producer, so whatever. Popick winning the title and then basically quitting IS inexcusable, and I want nothing to do with him if he ever comes back. I think he owes the group, as well as NYU especially, an apology. And I don't care if he was "busy." If that was the case, he should have dropped the strap.

Personally, I'm very upset over what happened with the Italian title. PRL spent a lot of time building up the credibility of the Puerto Rican title, which I tried to keep going through the Drek Stone/Cappa feud for three months. Drek and Cappa had, in my opinion, an excellent series of matches through May, June, and July. And once I won the title in June, I had two very good matches with Calvin and Sly to defend it. When Cappa won the title back in July, I felt the title was looking nice. Almost even legitimate. Then Popick wins the title and suddenly it's never seen again.

It's inexcusable, it shows laziness to the highest degree, and it explains why some people seem to have a problem with Popick. To take a concept like the Italian Title that several people worked very hard on and just let it die because you don't have the ability to defend it properly is selfish. At least drop the damned title to someone else who has the time to devote it the attention it deserved. The belt was gaining a lot of momentum thanks to the efforts of PRL and myself, and now it's all gone. It pisses me off a great deal to see someone literally kill the credibility behind a championship because they were just careless.

Before you go criticizing me, I've been absent as a wrestler in this fed since Before I got the Italian title. Heck, I don't even know how I won it in the first place.

I didn't ask to get it, nor did I write the storyline for such.

I can understand the guys who built up that title being concerned about it, but the belt is below the X title which barely has enough challengers as it is. PR seems to have done everything above board so I'd just let him run with it.

Although it would be good if he did feedback. And trimmed his segments. And cut down on the Rock ripoffs.

Before you go criticizing me, I've been absent as a wrestler in this fed since Before I got the Italian title.  Heck, I don't even know how I won it in the first place.

I don't really give a shit about the belts, but you're joking right? You wrote the match where you won it! At Angleslam, remember. You were so around for it. This was during your whole Intense angle thing.

Edited by Patty O'Green

To be honest, having nothing to do with either title ever, it doesn't bother me. With Rando not having enough time/spirit/whatever to write and Phenom getting banned, the belt was just sitting around anyway.

Infact, if I'd have talked to Rando earlier, I was planning to do the same sorta thing as PRL was. I'd have probably asked to use either Rando's character or Phenom and wrote a match to win the thing...but, I'd have only taken the belt so that someone active had it. So...I have no problem, because I was going to do the same thing myself. Whever there'd have been as much uproar had I done it, I don't know. But whatever. PRL is active and he's writing. That's good enough for me.

Guest cosbywasmurdered

Why is Popick even a mod when he's not a wrestler and he's constantly causing drama?

Guest cosbywasmurdered

I think I recall hearing about that. The details are vague...

Before you go criticizing me, I've been absent as a wrestler in this fed since Before I got the Italian title.  Heck, I don't even know how I won it in the first place.

I don't really give a shit about the belts, but you're joking right? You wrote the match where you won it! At Angleslam, remember. You were so around for it. This was during your whole Intense angle thing.

Bada bing. This is also my response to the PMs (plural) you sent me. Also, hang on one sec while I go get my violin.

Before you go criticizing me, I've been absent as a wrestler in this fed since Before I got the Italian title. Heck, I don't even know how I won it in the first place.

No, no. I've already started criticizing you. This is a boldfaced lie. Obviously, you had to have known you won the Italian Championship -- it centered around your entire INTEN5E angle. Remember? Popick won the title from Cappa, which meant that Cappa now had to be a willing member of INTEN5E, or something like that. It was your personal angle. Considering Cappa was still overseas at that point too, it now makes even less sense. How in the world would you not remember giving yourself a title?

You fucked up with the title belt, plain and simple. I don't see why you would have so much trouble just admitting that you did a terrible job with the championship. For some reason, you were in a rush to win it from Cappa. After I spent three months trying to capitalize on improving the credibility of the title, and in the process taking over where PRL left off with strengthening Cappa's character, you felt the need to immediately take back the title for a quick halt in momentum. That would be fine with me -- hell, I don't own the title -- if you had the intentions to actually try to continue working on it. Of course, you basically dropped plans to do anything to help the title almost instantly after winning it. It's not like I'm heartbroken over this fact, but I would like to see you take responsibility instead of trying to shift the blame to someone else. And don't tell outright lies about it either.

And let's be honest. Considering you're one of two people that put together the OAOAST Pay-Per-Views, you should at least be updated as to the goings-on in the fed. If you really had no idea that you were holding a title, then that's a problem that needs to be addressed. It shows you're clearly not in tune with the matters in the federation. And if you DID know you were holding that title, then it shows a carelessness to the fact that you were willing to let it die, rather than hand it off to someone else to help them out. Either way, it looks plain bad.

As far as the match goes, just to clear up any confusion, Popick WAS the one to post it in the modz folder, as well as a segment the next week. So, at the VERY least, even if someone ghostwrote these (which ain't likely), you HAD to know about them.

Guest Failed Mascot

My only complaint with Popick's PPV posting thus far has been for Zero Hour. It was pretty clear he didn't read the booking thread and Calvin told me he ignored the match being placed into the mod folder. Thus Calvin had to edit our match in. I know there have been problems with his PPV posting in the past though because of somebody showing me a PPV where it happened at Alcatraz or some shit.

*breathes deeply and slowly counts backwards from 100*

Seriously, I'm....mostly over LTP by now, but I mean, it isn't hard to arrange posts in the correct order. I know other people fucked up there, but so did Popick.

Guest Failed Mascot

I'm a fan of Tony posting the PPVs. From reading them I have to say its just noticable that he puts more effort into it and they come out better.

Sign in to follow this