TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
4hartthreat

Eternal Darkness sequels on the way

I will buy whatever console I need to too get my hands on this game.

Now that that's done...I need to start convincin Microsoft that we need a Brute Force 2....well...mostly me...I need a Brute Force 2.

Hooray. I think the first game didn't sold too well despite being awesome. So if the franchise can gain more exposure on either PS3 or 360, so be it.

In this era of games copying every good concepts from other games, I'm surprised no company stole the sanity effects.

I hope they hurry up and get that piece of crap Too Human game finished already so that they can get back to making good games. It's impossible to take the game seriously or have much genuine excitement when there's so much overinflated BS about the game with nothing to show for it.

The sanity effects were so far reaching that they even psyched you out while in the game's menus. How about that effect when you go to save your game, and the screen tells you it's DELETING your memory card. "NOOOOOOOOOOO!" They got me there.

The scene when you first go into the bathroom nearly knocked me out of my chair. Wasn't expecting it at all.

The sanity effects were cool. I never ran into the "Gamecube error" or the game erase ones, but I like how they ramp up from having the eyes on the pictures and statues following you up to the fake death and other effects. Good to see they didn't let a lack of sales (for what was, admittedly, a poorly marketed game) kill what could be a promising series.

Many of the top Silcon Knights folks are highly critical of Nintendo and the Wii, so fat chance.

Oh, and Penny Arcade's latest comic is saying the same thing I was thinking about the situation.

"We gotta wait for Too Human to be out first? Damnit."

ED is still like a top 10 game on the Gamecube and its been out for over 4 years. Itd be nice if they put it on the W!! but Im not stupid enough to hold my breath or anything for it.

The game's gimmick was brillan, I feel sorry for anyone who has never heard of or played Eternal Darkness. I honestly feel this is the Gamecube's best game that sits quietly in the corner.

Eternal Darkness = Gamecube's emo game.

Let's not forget the other goofy effects: the screen going blank with the VIDEO input display in the top left corner, and the MUTE display and the decreasing volume bar effects cutting off the sound of the game. Very scary, especially since the display graphics they used looked exactly like my actual TV's, and when I played alone, those tricks made me look around, wondering who was in the room with me.

I knew some of the sanity effects in advance, so some surprises were ruined for me. But when you're near the end of the game, and your character is going crazier at the end of each chapter, the creepy voices and noises are great. I was completely fooled when you're going to the menu and the game resets at the Poe quote or tells you to play the sequel to see the rest of the story.

The one that got me was when I went to save the game and it says "Are you sure you want to delete this game save?" and you go to No but it keeps flipping back to yes and then it does the "deleting save" thing.

Got me good. And it did it near the end of the game too.