Reply to this topicStart new topic
UFC 94 - Georges St. Pierre vs. BJ Penn II
Lord of The Curr...
post Mar 18 2009, 02:43 PM
Post #811

I roll with groups and ghetto bastards with biscuits

Group: Members
Member No.: 721

He's not beyond repair but the longer this goes on the worse it's going to get. Greasegate aside he's once again disrespecting Florian and, on a smaller level, the entire division by not only not committing to a fight date but making this his only focus. It's not a situation that's beyond repair but I fully expect him to get booed a lot more then usual when he faces Kenny.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Lord of The Curr...
post Mar 18 2009, 02:46 PM
Post #812

He'll still be the favorite against Kenny and the only way I see Florian taking Penn out is a UD. If GSP, who's better in pretty much every area then Kenny needs four rounds to finish Penn off Kenny's for sure going to need all 25 minutes.

+Quote Post
Hunter's Tor...
post Mar 18 2009, 02:46 PM
Post #813

Lifetime Triple Crown Champion

Member No.: 6,290

QUOTE (ViciousFish @ Mar 18 2009, 04:44 PM) *
I hope Florian KO's him.

No, KenFlo needs to tap him out. And fast.

+Quote Post
Lt. Al Giardello
post Mar 18 2009, 02:52 PM
Post #814

It's better to be judged by twelve than carried by six.

Member No.: 5,285

More and more it's becoming depressing to be a BJ fan. I don't really want to speak on the subject myself.

+Quote Post
Lord of The Curr...
post Mar 18 2009, 02:55 PM
Post #815

I think you kinda just did.

+Quote Post
Your Paragon of ...
post Mar 18 2009, 03:11 PM
Post #816

Nineteen and...WUUUNNNNNNN

Member No.: 2,750

He was my favourite fighter at one point, but the guy has lost a lot of respect from me over this. To say with a straight face that vaseline was the result of him getting dominated for twenty minutes, is fucking disgusting. I don't know how a fighter can have the gall to pull a stunt like this.

LeiTong and the like that hate on GSP can say all you want, he's never gone so far to look this pathetic.

+Quote Post
Lord of The Curr...
post Mar 18 2009, 05:19 PM
Post #817

In Penn's defense (wow, typing that felt weird) in his mind he doesn't think this makes him look pathetic. I truly believe that BJ has become unhealthily obsessed with the situation and, based on what I gathered from the NSAC reports, nothing is going to come out of the meetings that's going to make him healthy. Which is a very dangerous thing because I can't see BJ letting this go....like....ever.

+Quote Post
Lt. Al Giardello
post Mar 18 2009, 05:21 PM
Post #818

It's better to be judged by twelve than carried by six.

Member No.: 5,285

QUOTE (Lord of The Curry @ Mar 18 2009, 06:19 PM) *
Which is a very dangerous thing because I can't see BJ letting this go....like....ever.

Thats what depresses me the most, as a BJ fan.

BJ is problay the most stubborn MMA fighter, ever.

+Quote Post
MillenniumMan831
post Mar 18 2009, 06:15 PM
Post #819

Next Year Gentlemen . . . Next Year

Member No.: 1,546

I hope Spike airs vignettes of Penn going to the Library of Congress to get justice.

+Quote Post
The Niggardly Ki...
post Mar 21 2009, 09:11 AM
Post #820

IS IT GETTING THE BEST OF YOU?

Member No.: 6,181

QUOTE (KOAB @ Feb 13 2009, 09:52 AM) *
Well, hopefully after K-Flo TKOs him in round 3 of their eventual fight, then BJ will be back to McDonald's shape.

Oh, BJ Penn deleted me from his facebook friends after I called him a bitch.

+Quote Post
RavishingRickRud...
post Mar 21 2009, 12:07 PM
Post #821

Member No.: 676

http://link.brightcove.com/services/link/b...ctid17101449001

GSP PWNS PENN.

+Quote Post
naiwf
post Mar 21 2009, 12:37 PM
Post #822

NYC = New York Chokers

Member No.: 7,302

That link has an anti-American bias aka I can't watch it because of my location.

+Quote Post
RavishingRickRud...
post Mar 21 2009, 01:09 PM
Post #823

Member No.: 676

Yeah, 4 Canadian Eyes Only.

+Quote Post
Lord of The Curr...
post Mar 21 2009, 01:13 PM
Post #824

Man, I don't think BJ could've sounded any more whiny when he said "I want my fair fight. I didn't get my fair fight."

+Quote Post
Thanks for the F...
post Mar 21 2009, 08:25 PM
Post #825

Church of Heyman Member

Member No.: 9,282

Penn knows he won't get another fight, because it ties up two titles. However he also could be dogging GSP to the point GSP wants the fight and would be willing to fight at a catch weight. GSP was probably 25lbs heavier than Penn on fight night. Penn is just stupid to realize that it's nothing to do with GSP being better than him, they're simply different weight classes - the UFC has changed since Penn last held the welterweight title - it's all about the weight cutting. GSP is a huge welterweight, only Alves is probably bigger. Fitch would probably beat Penn at welterweight too.

Penn has enough challenges at 155er, he should just stay there and cement his legacy.

+Quote Post
Hawkius Maximus
post Mar 21 2009, 09:09 PM
Post #826

I am not a Villano

Member No.: 4,414

Penn really needs to shush and prove this "Best Lightweight in the world" claim many people make. I'm pretty sure it's been mentioned here often too.

He hasn't proven it. He's not even the undisputed best in UFC at Lightweight, and he won't be until he drops Florian. And even then, there's plenty of others at that weight class that aren't even in UFC. I'd like to see Penn face Kitaoka for example before I even came close to crowning him. Aoki's another guy who'd keep up with Penn on the ground. BJ Penn is not Fedor. He hasn't come close to dominating his weight class.

To me, BJ Penn throughout his career has been "bestowed" titles and chances that no one else in his situation would. He's like a fighting Rickson Gracie, in that people leap to call him the "Best Pound for Pound fighter", or until the GSP fight saying absurd things like he could beat anyone. The only reason he even got the fight with GSP was BECAUSE he was BJ Penn. He never was a big draw before that fight. He had only fought at LW a few times. I bitched about that when the fight was set up, and I still will because he didn't deserve that chance. He got it just because he's BJ Penn.

If anything, BJ Penn's freaking out because I think people are seeing past his own myth. He's just a great fighter. He's not some legendary mythological fighter who can beat anyone. He's mortal. And right now he's got a person in his own division who could very well mow over him, so either intentionally or unintentionally he's trying to ignore him, like he has done for months now. We're closing in on a YEAR without a Lightweight title fight. And if I remember right, Penn/Florian isn't even penciled in until after May. Who ELSE but Penn would get away with that?

BJ Penn wants to cling to this Vaseline Gate because with it, he can scream "GSP CHEATED!" and maintain his myth. Without it, he was decisively crushed and beaten to a pulp, and at this point anyone who supports Vaseline Gate is basically doing that for Penn. The quicker he moves on and anyone still clinging to this (and there are some including "journalists"), the better we'll all be for it.

+Quote Post
Lei Tong
post Mar 21 2009, 10:42 PM
Post #827

All types of queer shit

Member No.: 1,037

Penn fighting Kitaoka would prove nothing, since Kitaoka still the same guy who'll never beat Inoue and lost to Ishige. Aoki is the other LW he needs to fight.

+Quote Post
Lord of The Curr...
post Mar 22 2009, 12:05 AM
Post #828

QUOTE (Hawkius Maximus @ Mar 21 2009, 09:09 PM) *
Penn really needs to shush and prove this "Best Lightweight in the world" claim many people make. I'm pretty sure it's been mentioned here often too.

He hasn't proven it. He's not even the undisputed best in UFC at Lightweight, and he won't be until he drops Florian. And even then, there's plenty of others at that weight class that aren't even in UFC. I'd like to see Penn face Kitaoka for example before I even came close to crowning him. Aoki's another guy who'd keep up with Penn on the ground. BJ Penn is not Fedor. He hasn't come close to dominating his weight class.

To me, BJ Penn throughout his career has been "bestowed" titles and chances that no one else in his situation would. He's like a fighting Rickson Gracie, in that people leap to call him the "Best Pound for Pound fighter", or until the GSP fight saying absurd things like he could beat anyone. The only reason he even got the fight with GSP was BECAUSE he was BJ Penn. He never was a big draw before that fight. He had only fought at LW a few times. I bitched about that when the fight was set up, and I still will because he didn't deserve that chance. He got it just because he's BJ Penn.

If anything, BJ Penn's freaking out because I think people are seeing past his own myth. He's just a great fighter. He's not some legendary mythological fighter who can beat anyone. He's mortal. And right now he's got a person in his own division who could very well mow over him, so either intentionally or unintentionally he's trying to ignore him, like he has done for months now. We're closing in on a YEAR without a Lightweight title fight. And if I remember right, Penn/Florian isn't even penciled in until after May. Who ELSE but Penn would get away with that?

BJ Penn wants to cling to this Vaseline Gate because with it, he can scream "GSP CHEATED!" and maintain his myth. Without it, he was decisively crushed and beaten to a pulp, and at this point anyone who supports Vaseline Gate is basically doing that for Penn. The quicker he moves on and anyone still clinging to this (and there are some including "journalists"), the better we'll all be for it.

Five Stars. Like, I'll remember this rant. Bravo.

+Quote Post
The Niggardly Ki...
post Mar 25 2009, 02:35 PM
Post #829

IS IT GETTING THE BEST OF YOU?

Member No.: 6,181

GSP finally admits to cheating

+Quote Post
Your Paragon of ...
post Mar 25 2009, 03:11 PM
Post #830

Nineteen and...WUUUNNNNNNN

Member No.: 2,750

WHY IS THIS THREAD STILL ALIVE

+Quote Post
Lei Tong
post Mar 25 2009, 03:30 PM
Post #831

All types of queer shit

Member No.: 1,037

Canadians.

+Quote Post

28 Pages V  « < 26 27 28
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st September 2017 - 02:32 AM
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here