TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Enigma

Festival of Fights

12/21: Goldberg vs. Hollywood Hogan (WCW Nitro, 7/6/1998)

12/22: Goldberg vs. Chris Jericho (WWE Bad Blood '03, 6/15/2003)

12/23: Goldberg vs. Booker T. (WCW Nitro, 7/24/2000)

12/24: Goldberg vs. Ric Flair (WWE Raw, 8/11/2003)

12/25: Goldberg vs. Diamond Dallas Page (WCW Halloween Havoc '98, 10/25/1998)

12/26: Goldberg vs. The Rock (WWE Backlash '03, 4/27/2003)

12/27: Goldberg vs. Raven (WCW Nitro, 4/20/1998)

12/28: Goldberg vs. Triple H (WWE Unforgiven '03, 9/21/2003)

I remember enjoying the Goldberg/Raven match when it aired in 98, so I'm looking forward to rewatching that. The Jericho and DDP matches are both good, but everything else is so-so, although I'm not sure about the Book match from Nitro.

I haven't seen the DDP match since it aired on Nitro, so I'm up for that. I had to convince someone at high school that Goldberg/Raven was actually a fun match.

I came close to being an asshole to Enigma and saying "into the already existing Shorties thread this goes", but the spirit of Hanukkah moved me to leave it be.

Goldberg vs. DDP is without question the best match of Goldberg's career. I haven't quite figured out where this would fall in a similar list of DDP's best matches.

Goldberg Vs Booker is from that stupid Nitro where they had an online poll to select who would be Booker's opponent that night and Sting won BUT evil Goldberg beat the shit out of him and was somehow inserted into the match. The match itself was nothing really special outside of Booker going over fairly cleanly- I think it only went four or five minutes (Gotta love Russo).

I remember going to that Nitro. That wasn't the dumbest part of the show. That honor would go to a 4-team HIAC match in which the 3 teams that escaped would go on to a 4-team Tag Title match at the next ppv.

I vaguely remember that one. Being a WCW viewer in the Summer of '00 was not easy. Not only was it bad---worse than that, it was frustrating to watch. Each week insanely moreso than the last. I was really looking forward to seeing Sting Vs Booker T! Though now that I think about it, they fought three months earlier at Spring Stampede '00 in a match that wasn't all that great. They also probably fought during the Harlem Heat Vs Sting and Lex Luger feud.

And WWE should have gotten the rights to show Goldberg's finest Christmas related moment, the holiday classic Santa's Slay

And WWE should have gotten the rights to show Goldberg's finest Christmas related moment, the holiday classic Santa's Slay

Santa's Slay is all over Canadian movie network "Super Channel" right now. I keep meaning to DVR it.

I like the giant video screen the Niitro set has where I'm used to the "Star field" backdrop being. Was that a permanent thing or a temporary change? I don't remember it, but I very rarely saw Nitro by the time of this Goldberg/Booker match.

It was like that for the first few months of the Russo/Bischoff relaunch until they started shooting Nitro and Thunder on the same night in August, when they decided to use all the Thunder designs for both shows.

Goldberg vs. Flair (which I believe is from 8/11/03, a rematch of 8/04) is awesome for two reasons:

1. Lawler and Ross pimping SLAMBALL~! Season 2 on Spike TV.

2. It's a "Goldberg comes out of a supply closet" entrance.

That Goldberg/Booker farce was truly awful. You tend to forget things over 8 years, so this was a good reminder of how much WCW was killing themselves.