TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

24/7 Shorties

Didn't bother last month since it was all non-rare WrestleMania matches, but here we go - The Shorties Thread!

The camel in the Iron Sheik segment is kinda scary. I've never really seen a camel show it's teeth like that and make all those noises.

I remember watching the death of Boo Bradley's cat in September 06 as a Territory shortie but it's still pretty amusing. The SMW's commentator just puts his heart into selling this whole angle and Foley's promo about Boots The Cat changing the twisted life of Boo around is pretty funny.

Beth Phoenix looks great as the host and it's neat to see her basically talking as a regular person.

Guest WWE247FanaticSeries

I notice one of them is a recent WrestleCrap Inductee!

When the Jake Roberts snake attack Shortie finally showed up this morning I just had to watch it. It's actually kind of weird because my memory of the incident wants to put a large red X over the screen with "CENSORED" right as the snake bites Randy's arm, but it was not to be. I like Vince yelling "this wasn't supposed to happen!" as well. Some pretty good stuff for 1991.

They incorporated the red X on later replays. What an angle, though. I'd say the idea of unleashing a possibly venomous cobra on another human being is contrived, but that goes out the window when you consider some of the nonsense we were asked to believe later in the decade.

The Jake segment was dead. Jake said on his DVD that the cobra died right after that segment. He also said he really struggled to get it off Savage's arm.

watchin the opening part with Beth Phoenix, my God she is so hot, I would cut my right arm off to be her boyfriend :P

At first look, save for the Jake Roberts/Randy Savage segment, there wasn't much to the shorties for this month. However, the Smokey Valley segment was truly something to behold. Balls Mahoney having his cat squashed by a top-rope BUTT-stomp, the commenter saying "Boots the Cat is no longer a member of this world" while seeing the Red Power Ranger trying to confort Boo and Cactus Jack of all people being the voice of reason, all of this followed by a funeral for the cat ?

Cornette is one the the greatest managers ever, but did he really booked this ?

Beth Phoenix looks great as the host and it's neat to see her basically talking as a regular person

Agreed 100%.

The Boo Bradley segment was pretty damn good. But Red Power Ranger...that's an interesting gimmick to say the least.

So I'm at work for another 6 hours - anyone care to reveal what the vague "British Bulldogs" Shortie is?

It's the Bulldogs/Islanders match where the Islanders and Bobby Heenan dognapp Matilda.

When Al went to go sulk in the corner, it reminded me of what my cousin does when he gets mad. I know nobody on here will get that, but I couldn't stop laughing when I saw it. Hadn't seen that segment since it happened, 9 years ago. Come to think of it, I can't believe that was NINE YEARS AGO.

The Matilda angle was seriously one of the first things I ever saw when watching wrestling. I can't remember exactly when I started but it was at some point after the first Survivor Series and before the 1988 Rumble.

I loved that silly Candido/Boo/Cactus angle. It helps to have grown up watching this silly redneck kind of booking in the USWA or SMW. What does it say when seeing the Red Power Ranger didn't make me bat an eye? Actually we didn't get SMW where I live (maybe it's TOO redneck?) but USWA was on until they closed in 1997.

I believe so, at least as long as I've subscribed their usually about the theme and not a person (that's what they have the HOF for). I was hoping JBL vs. Eddie would be form The Bash since I have never seen that, but I haven't seen this steel cage match either and I heard it's good. They showed a clip of Eddie when JBL was talking about the cage match where his forehead had a HUGE gash on it, I can only assume from the Judgment Day match.

Yea- he rips on Tony for calling a German suplex a German suplex, and goes off on a rant on Bobby Heenan and how he will win a Cable Ace Award.

I have the show on tape, and the commentary is hilarious. Bobby can't stand Dusty, Dusty's insane, and Tony is just trying to get a word in

I really enjoyed watching Eddie vs. Jericho again at Fall Brall 97. I have good (well sorta) memories of this since it was on my birthday (9/14/97).

I enjoy Jericho's intro to some of these (calling Vince 84, stating the CW open featured worthy contenders "and some who weren't").

I must have confused Vince's title win with another segment because somehow I thought Arnold clocked HHH with the title and Vince pinned him. Arnold does hit HHH with the title at some point in the fall of 99 though, right?

I didn't see the 2007 GAB so disregarding the Hornswoggle silliness that was a pretty fun CW title match.

I must have confused Vince's title win with another segment because somehow I thought Arnold clocked HHH with the title and Vince pinned him. Arnold does hit HHH with the title at some point in the fall of 99 though, right?

Yeah, I think he cost HHH a match against Test as they were the final 2 of an 8 man elimination match. Memory is a little blurry though.

"WCW Intergender Tag Match" is REALLY embarrassing. I mean, I laughed at it but for all the wrong reasons. Tony's mockery of Hall selling for nameless blond was funny and all, but quite unnecessary for a show during the Monday Night War era. I didn't catch the exact date but I think it was October something in 1999 so I have to assume it's a Russo segment.

I don't get the Shorties segment this month. Don't they know that only hardcore fans have 24-7 anyway and would rather see actual wrestling?