TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Agent of Oblivion

Salmonella Scare

Guest Agent of Oblivion

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28695782/

Careful with those peanut butter products.

I'm amazed shit like this doesn't happen more often. People are filthy, and don't wash their hands after they shit. These people are working in the factories that make all of your shelf-stable pantry staples.

So far, more than 470 people have gotten sick in 43 states, and at least 90 had to be hospitalized. At least six deaths are being blamed on the outbreak. Salmonella is a bacteria and the most common source of food poisoning in the U.S., causing diarrhea, cramping and fever.

All of the deaths are almost certainly elderly.

Guest Vitamin X

Because urine is sterile? (unless you have a kidney or urinary tract infection)

Anyways, regarding the story above- makes me happy I have made the transition to buying less and less packaged foods, making my own whenever I can. Peanut butter is one of those, and at worst I use this machine that you can usually find at natural foods stores (although the last package I had is actually from Winco) instead.

Peanut butter is pretty simple to make, anyways. Roast some peanuts. Get a blender/food processor (preferably the latter so you can blend it in and emulsify the fats in the oil). Add peanuts and oil. Mix, add some salt to taste. Not that hard, and since you're making it yourself, much less likely you'll have salmonella unless you cross contaminate it or aren't clean, which is likely the reason behind this scare.

Guest Agent of Oblivion
Because urine is sterile? (unless you have a kidney or urinary tract infection)

Yeah, but your dick isn't.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

I'll have you know I spend at least 20 minutes scrubbing my dick every morning.

I've never understood why some people don't wash their hands after going to the bathroom.

Because if you do, then you can't taste the feces when you lick your fingers!

I've never understood why some people don't wash their hands after going to the bathroom.

Im amazed by the number of people that wash their hands and then use the doorknob or whatever to open the door, negating the last 20 seconds of their life.

Oh, and this reminds me of the video I had to watch in Sanitation class about how bad of a dude Sal Monella was.

ugh

Yeah. That's why some people have trash cans by the doors so you can open the door with the paper towels. Also some people have tissue things that people use to open the door handles. They have special dispenser things for those that are installed by doors. I've only seen a couple of them though.