IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Closed TopicStart new topic
2009 TSM Poster Tournament: The Semifinals, 4ding Hard!
DrVenkman PhD
post Jan 15 2009, 02:42 AM
Post #61

Former Mr. Wrestling 2008

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,704

Damn, Page 2 (on a 50 posts per page setting) was pretty brutal for both VX and I. It was KIND of close before the end of Page 1 for my round, but currently it's Kinetic: 26 Venkman: 19. Maybe my wrestling folder brethren aren't reading my signature. VX's is still much closer - Agent: 24 VX: 21.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kinetic
post Jan 15 2009, 02:54 AM
Post #62

hard chicago in-and-out

Member No.: 214

Where's the first 'i' in my username in that sig? Me'Shell N'dege-K'Netic.

+Quote Post
DrVenkman PhD
post Jan 15 2009, 03:10 AM
Post #63

Former Mr. Wrestling 2008

Member No.: 2,704

Lost in Resolution.

+Quote Post
FroGG_NeaL
post Jan 15 2009, 03:36 AM
Post #64

The Velvet FroGG

Member No.: 3,092

Agent

Venk

+Quote Post
Obi Chris Kenobi
post Jan 15 2009, 05:05 AM
Post #65

Nintendowned 12/12/07

Member No.: 9,256

QUOTE (Vitamin X @ Jan 14 2009, 11:12 PM) *
Oh damn it Chris, really? I thought we were Xbox Live friends. (IMG:http://forums.thesmartmarks.com/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

haha crap sorry man, but I think over all I've seen and interacted with more AoO posts over the last year.

+Quote Post
Slayer
post Jan 15 2009, 08:15 AM
Post #66

Member No.: 4,136

Dan

Leo

+Quote Post
Guest_Agent of Oblivion_*
post Jan 15 2009, 08:57 AM
Post #67

Guests

QUOTE (VX)
Okay there smart guy, a twist of lemon in tomato juice DOES cut down the acidic taste of the tomato because of citrus flavor. I wasn't attempting to refer to the specific pH of it or anything, but it works in the same sort of way that a twist of lemon works in a glass of water

Lemon juice isn't going to cut the acidity of water either, mang.

QUOTE (VX again)
Oh, there's the fact that food folderians would vote for a guy that has never had sushi before this past year and has to start a thread on recommendations for it- and who's favorite variation ends up being the COOKED stuff. Please, people.

Tell you what, next time I'll get some of that sparklin' fresh O-Toro here in FORT WAYNE, INDIANA. I can still smell the essence of the pacific...two and a half thousand miles away. Plus however the fuck far off the west coast they catch the bastards. What kind of dumb-dumb is going to think suitable sashimi-grade fish is available out here at a price a workin' man can afford? Unagi suits me fine.

+Quote Post
Guest_Czech please!_*
post Jan 15 2009, 09:17 AM
Post #68

Guests

Yeah!

And another thing, I don't get why "rebuilding the WWE folder" is such a big deal. Doesn't wrestling suck right now? If the product is shit, how good can the discussions be? "I'm so happy we have a WWE folder again!" Really? I thought everyone here stopped caring about that stuff. I wanted to cut the Overseas and TNA folders, but was talked out of it.

+Quote Post
The Niggardly Ki...
post Jan 15 2009, 09:24 AM
Post #69

IS IT GETTING THE BEST OF YOU?

Member No.: 6,181

Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean it sucks... Schmuck.

+Quote Post
bob_barron
post Jan 15 2009, 09:40 AM
Post #70

You gamble with the devil...

Member No.: 39

And another thing, I don't get why "rebuilding the WWE folder" is such a big deal.

I wouldn't say that Venk has helped rebuilt the WWE folder, but he's done a good job as a mod. I like that he's willing to go into the General Discussion threads and spin things off into seperate topics, which helps generate more discussion. Previous mods (htq) would just shuttle everything into Comments That Don't Warrant a Thread, which just made the folder one big mess of a thread.

Doesn't wrestling suck right now? If the product is shit, how good can the discussions be?

That's pretty false reasoning. First off, I wouldn't say wrestling sucks right now. I've really enjoyed the WWE product as of late, and while it will never be as good as the glory year of 2000, they put together a good product.

"I'm so happy we have a WWE folder again!" Really? I thought everyone here stopped caring about that stuff.

I've always found the arrogance of posters looking down at the wrestling folders to be one of the things that bothered me most about TSM. Yes, you may think wrestling is stupid, that's great. But there's a lot of people who still enjoy watching and discussing it.

It's like how you look down on the movie folder, because everyone loves The Dark Knight, and you just happen to not like Batman.

I wanted to cut the Overseas and TNA folders, but was talked out of it.

This is stupid. You never post in the folders, let alone go into them, and you just want to blindly close them because of the stigma that wrestling attaches.

+Quote Post
Cheech Tremendou...
post Jan 15 2009, 10:36 AM
Post #71

"Hot Pants"

Member No.: 5,151

He is right on one thing. We don't need an Overseas/Indies folder. It should be merged with TNA. I've been advocating that one since before I was a mod.

+Quote Post
bob_barron
post Jan 15 2009, 10:42 AM
Post #72

It was more for discussing indie promotions. We probably don't need that one anymore, since a lot of the indie posters have moved on, and not many people talk about ROH anymore. We could probably move that to General Wrestling

+Quote Post
Guest_Vitamin X_*
post Jan 15 2009, 11:22 AM
Post #73

Guests

QUOTE (Agent of Oblivion @ Jan 15 2009, 06:57 AM) *
QUOTE (VX)
Okay there smart guy, a twist of lemon in tomato juice DOES cut down the acidic taste of the tomato because of citrus flavor. I wasn't attempting to refer to the specific pH of it or anything, but it works in the same sort of way that a twist of lemon works in a glass of water

Lemon juice isn't going to cut the acidity of water either, mang.

You're right, but it sure makes it tastes better. I'm working off of taste here, not the actual acidity.

QUOTE (VX again)
Oh, there's the fact that food folderians would vote for a guy that has never had sushi before this past year and has to start a thread on recommendations for it- and who's favorite variation ends up being the COOKED stuff. Please, people.

Tell you what, next time I'll get some of that sparklin' fresh O-Toro here in FORT WAYNE, INDIANA. I can still smell the essence of the pacific...two and a half thousand miles away. Plus however the fuck far off the west coast they catch the bastards. What kind of dumb-dumb is going to think suitable sashimi-grade fish is available out here at a price a workin' man can afford? Unagi suits me fine.

A price a "workin' man" can afford? You mean you have it available, but it's too expensive for you? 'Sides, the Pacific is far, but the Atlantic isn't as far- you guys can't get a decent catch from Atlantic waters? I'm not giving you shit here, by the way, it's just a strange concept to me considering I've never lived further than 100 miles from any coastline.

And it isn't even the unagi that's bothersome, it's the yakitori. Jesus. You guys should just have a ramen bar out there instead if you can't afford sashimi-grade fish.

+Quote Post
Maztinho
post Jan 15 2009, 12:42 PM
Post #74

Convicted of Spork Assault, 1987

Member No.: 3,506

QUOTE (Bob Barron @ Jan 15 2009, 01:42 PM) *
It was more for discussing indie promotions. We probably don't need that one anymore, since a lot of the indie posters have moved on, and not many people talk about ROH anymore. We could probably move that to General Wrestling

Combine Indy, Japan and TNA as Non-Titan Wrestling (only with a better name), keep general for historical analysis and discussion.

+Quote Post
King Kamala
post Jan 15 2009, 01:22 PM
Post #75

Goodbye

Member No.: 2,255

Yeah, as one of the more respectable posters in the top half of the board, I've always advocated for the assimilation of The Overseas/Indy Folder into The TNA or General folders.

+Quote Post
bob_barron
post Jan 15 2009, 01:29 PM
Post #76

QUOTE (King Kamala @ Jan 15 2009, 02:22 PM) *
Yeah, as one of the more respectable posters in the top half of the board, I've always advocated for the assimilation of The Overseas/Indy Folder into The TNA or General folders.

Given that TNA is its own thing (2-hour show, monthly PPV, etc), I feel overseas/indy would be more suited for the General folder.

+Quote Post
Guest_Vitamin X_*
post Jan 15 2009, 01:30 PM
Post #77

Guests

Alright, let's do something about it then. I think it's a good idea for Site Feedback.

+Quote Post
Brett Favre
post Jan 15 2009, 01:36 PM
Post #78

I'm not perfect

Member No.: 4,269

I think overseas and indy and all that should be a sub-folder to TNA.

+Quote Post
Big Ol' Smitty
post Jan 15 2009, 02:36 PM
Post #79

Emily Fucking Post.

Member No.: 6,322

I can get plenty of decent sushi in central Kentucky.

It looks like there's at least three restaurants in Fort Wayne where you could get sushi:

http://www.eatsushi.com/regional/searchsus...ty=FORT%20WAYNE

And you could also probably get plenty of it in Indianapolis, South Bend or Columbus or Dayton in Ohio.

+Quote Post
Jebus
post Jan 15 2009, 03:22 PM
Post #80

Member No.: 1,908

QUOTE (DrVenkman PhD @ Jan 14 2009, 11:33 PM) *
When Kinetic posts, he does the work of three men: Larry, Curly, and Moe. He doesn't know the meaning of the word fear, but then again there are a lot of words he doesn't know the meaning of. And if there's one word to sum up all of Kinetic's success, it's lucky.

It's been killing me...what is this from?
I know I'm gonna kick myself once somebody tells me.

+Quote Post
PILLS! PILLS...
post Jan 15 2009, 04:59 PM
Post #81

PILLS! PILLS! PILLS!

Member No.: 10,013

QUOTE (Jebus @ Jan 15 2009, 04:22 PM) *
When Kinetic posts, he does the work of three men: Larry, Curly, and Moe. He doesn't know the meaning of the word fear, but then again there are a lot of words he doesn't know the meaning of. And if there's one word to sum up all of Kinetic's success, it's lucky.

Ray Combs at WrestleMania VIII.

+Quote Post
Jebus
post Jan 15 2009, 05:57 PM
Post #82

Member No.: 1,908

QUOTE (mellow rennt @ Jan 15 2009, 02:59 PM) *
QUOTE (Jebus @ Jan 15 2009, 04:22 PM) *

Ray Combs at WrestleMania VIII.

There it is! *kicking myself*

+Quote Post
Smartly Pretty
post Jan 15 2009, 08:33 PM
Post #83

Monster Themed High Sugar Breakfast Cereal

Member No.: 7,933

I missed the last round. Oops!

Gimmie Agent and Kinetic. Both creme of the crop posters.

+Quote Post
Guest_Czech please!_*
post Jan 15 2009, 08:42 PM
Post #84

Guests

Oh hey. 20 minutes left on this.

+Quote Post
MillenniumMan831
post Jan 15 2009, 08:45 PM
Post #85

Next Year Gentlemen . . . Next Year

Member No.: 1,546

I vote Venk

+Quote Post
Guest_Czech please!_*
post Jan 15 2009, 08:49 PM
Post #86

Guests

You have to vote for both matches or I'm not counting it.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd November 2017 - 10:53 AM
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here