Thales Leities vs TBA

Fabricio Werdum vs Junior Dos Santos

Sean Sherk vs Tyson Grffin

Shannon Gurgerty vs Spencer Fisher

Hermes Franca vs Marcus Aurelio

Pete Sell vs Josh Burkman

Rich Clementi vs Gray Maynard

Matt Horwich vs Dan Miller

Sherdog is saying that Goran Reljic is out of the Leities bout which sucks because I was looking forward to seeing how he'd fare at 185. Anyways this looks to be a very solid card, at least on par with 88. Griffin/Sherk is one of the more guaranteed-decision fights in a while. I'm puzzled as to how Werdum goes from beating Gonzaga and Vera to facing a newcomer. Alves/Sanchez, from the minute it was announced has FOTY written all over it. I really like Clementi/Maynard on the undercard too. If Rich can somehow pull it out they'll actually need to bump him up in the division. And hey, I still (heart) The King.

But I swear to God if Cote pulls a Serra I'll lose all faith in the world.

That fight could, like more then a few wrestler-vs-wrestler matches turn into a stand-up fight because both fighters may negate the others takedowns. I really don't know who to call in that one but it'll suck for Tyson if he loses because he's been on the cusp of a title shot for some time now.

Cote said he will "pull a Serra" in this fight. Poor choice of words considering he fucking trains with GSP from time to time.

There's no logical way for him to win, not even the puncher's chance considering Anderson has one of the best chins in MMA. I hope we get MMA's first death, and I think it's likely we will.

Just kidding! We already had a death in MMA.

So if Alves beats Diego, does he get the next title shot after GSP/Penn?

Dana already said the winner of this fight is the #1 contender.

And as far as Sherk/Griffin, I don't think Sherk is that much bigger... Griffin walks around at 180lbs. I think Randy will have a good gameplan for Tyson, and will try to defend Sherks takedowns at keep it standing. Hell who knows maybe Sherk will want to keep the fighting standing as well, and test Tyson's standup.

There was a really good chance that Alves was going to embarass Sanchez in Spratt/Lawler fashion. If nothing else, this fight will likely be more competitive.

Well, I think Koscheck is a great replacement. The problem is: I don't think anyone is exactly clamoring for Kos to get another shot at GSP (Except EHME)... I mean he didn't exactly look like he could hang after the first one.

Now the December show is without a main event. Hopefully they can put together something nice.

If Cote wins, the entire MMA world will explode. It'd be the biggest upset that I can think of.

I don't know how Cote even has a CHANCE, which is dangerous. Anytime someone comes in without a hope in the fucking world, the possibility is there that they'll just get lucky. I don't think Silva wouldn't train, because he honestly seems to enjoy it, but Cote could just come in blazing knowing his only hope is to catch Silva.

I just don't see it happening. Cote's a solid fighter, but he has no outstanding strengths. He doesn't even have Irvin's punching power really, and that sure as fuck didn't help him. Everything Cote does, Silva does better by several degrees.

I don't really know if I'm going to order this, or even go to a bar to see it. I'll probably just catch a stream, because really... I can't see paying to watch Cote get picked apart for 3 or 4 minutes. The only other fights on the main I wanna see is Alves/Kos.

You have to wonder Dana is clamouring for someone to beat Anderson Silva so he can get the MW belt on someone more marketable to the american audience.

Not that I think it is right, cause as an MMA fan I think Anderson Silva is a beast and I gladly tune in and pay to see him destroy people, but he doesn't seem to have much of a following besides MMA enthusiasts.

That could always change though.....I suppose.

In regards to BJ/Silva:

“If GSP beats BJ then you’ll see Silva v GSP — possibly at a catch weight. But if Penn beats GSP there’s no way I’d let him move up to 185lbs, no way. He’ll f***ing fight, argue and cry about it but there’s no way – it ain’t gonna happen, I can tell you that right now – it ain’t gonna happen.”
- Dana

So there's that.

Dana White: There's a lot of middleweight prospects right now, but no one has really stood out from the pack as a challenger to Anderson. So I talk with our matchmaker Joe Silva about who we should put in line for a title shot - who would give Anderson a run for his money - and Joe says "What about BJ"? Now, I'm like, Penn? BJ Penn? You want BJ Penn, a 155 guy, to fight 30 pounds above his weight class against the most dominant champion in the sport? And he didn't have to answer me, cause if there's one person who is good enough, and who is crazy enough, to step in against Anderson Silva, it's BJ Penn. So we call up BJ and he's like "I was waiting for you to offer me that fight, let's do it".