TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mik

UFC 94 - Georges St. Pierre vs. BJ Penn II

The fight is five months away and the discussion has already spilled into multiple threads.

We have very vocal supports on both sides.

It's war.

First off: HUGE THANKS TO STEVIEKICK FOR THE BANNERS!

team.jpg

teampenn-1.jpg

I was thinking that we can do something with this. Obviously we know who is siding with who via banners, but I was thinking that we lock it after a certain date. After that date whoever has the banner is in the contest.

After the fight I will capture the most humiliating picture of the loser I can find from the fight and all of the members of the losing team have to sport that as their signature for either 1 or 2 weeks.

What do you think guys?

Oh and FUCK GSP. :)

Team St. Pierre

Lord of the Curry

RavishingRickRudo

Next USC #55

Hawk52

BruiserBrody

KOAB

AlaskanHero

AboveAverage484

The Great Mazto

Leonard Rockstein PhD

ViciousFish

Team Penn

Mik

EHME

HollywoodSpikeJenkins

NoCalMike

YouthNAsia

Broward83

Dr. Zoidberg

Personally, I like both fighters. I am a fan of both. I just think Penn doesn't get the respect he deserves as a fighter and for the skills he has. I think this is definately going to be one hell of a war and it could come down to who makes the first mistake. This is definately a super-fight and I can't fucking wait.

teampenn-1.jpg

(Do I need the banner in my sig for the next five months or was placing in this post enough to get me into the contest?)

I like both dudes , dislike some of their fans... and here's how I'm gonna sum up this pick... I'm gonna find my two favorite moments from them... and pick based on that.

A verbal beatdown vs one of my favorite entrances... I know who I'm picking.

team.jpg

I think by weird he means "shown to be a disrespectful asshole on more then a few occasions". Or not.

Thats why we love BJ for being BJ...

And I have a weird feeling SpikeJenkins is racist towards us Canucks...

That's why I personally don't like BJ. I think he's a very talented fighter who'll give GSP huge problems and I enjoy watching his fights but the dude can be a serious prick.

I think SpikeJenkins is still feeling the sting of admitting he trains under Joey Scarola and being mocked for it. That and seeing his fellow Long Islander losing his soul in Montreal.

That's why I personally don't like BJ. I think he's a very talented fighter who'll give GSP huge problems and I enjoy watching his fights but the dude can be a serious prick.

The one thing I respect about BJ is he doesn't hide who he is for the camera's, he may not be the nicest guy and he will make that known. There are so many other fighters and athletes who try to make themselves look like role models when in reality they are worse then most of the athletes who don't hide who they are... For example Oscar De La Hoya, and Michael Jordan.

That's why I always liked athletes like BJ Penn, Charles Barkley, Bernard Hopkins, Floyd Mayweather Jr, Deion Sanders, etc.

Yeah, B.J. can be kind of a prick, but he can also be reserved and seem pretty nice at times. The licking blood and running back to the dressing room stuff is what kind of makes me shake my head. It's cool to show enthusiasm, but damn, act like you've done it before.

GSP is almost always respectful (though he talked shit to Serra in the interviews leading up to their match, but come on, it's Serra, he gives as good as he gets) and treats his victories like another day at the office. Yeah, he shows enthusiasm with the back flip, but he doesn't scream profanities (not saying B.J. does these things), bury his opponent or put on some kind of macho, pro wrestling-like, testosterone fueled celebration. Couple that with being a freakish athlete and you have one of the most well respected fighters in the world, at least by me.

Don't get me wrong. I love Canadians. Small, petite, dark haired Canadian girls? Yeah, thats where its at. But this isn't even about Serra/Scarola, my training, or GSP.

BJ Penn is, in my opinion, the second best pound-for-pound fighter in the world and I don't see how GSP is going to be able to stop him.

Don't get me wrong. I love Canadians. Small, petite, dark haired Canadian girls? Yeah, thats where its at. But this isn't even about Serra/Scarola, my training, or GSP.

BJ Penn is, in my opinion, the second best pound-for-pound fighter in the world and I don't see how GSP is going to be able to stop him.

Every time you post about GSP you always have to refer to him as a "Canadian", which is wrong and makes you come off as a sterotypical racist American redneck... Like those disrespectful drunk fans who chant "U.S.A!" during fights.

Lets say BJ was fighting Josh Koscheck, and you were to say "BJ is going to spell some African-American blood!", or BJ was fighting Diego Sanchez and you said "BJ is going to spill some Mexican blood", saying "BJ is going to spill some Canadian blood!" doesn't make much of a difference you know.

you come off as a sterotypical racist American redneck

...I'm from New York.

Lets say BJ was fighting Josh Koscheck, and you were to say "BJ is going to spell some African-American blood!", or BJ was fighting Diego Sanchez and you said "BJ is going to spill some Mexican blood", saying "BJ is going to spill some Canadian blood!" doesn't make much of a difference you know.

I said "Ken-Flo was going to spill some Mexican blood" when he fought Huerta. I probably wouldn't say the Koscheck thing, but Diego? Its possible. But that doesn't really make me a racist, now does it?

...I'm from New York.

I said "Ken-Flo was going to spill some Mexican blood" when he fought Huerta. I probably wouldn't say the Koscheck thing, but Diego? Its possible. But that doesn't really make me a racist, now does it?

Doesn't make you a racist, but it makes you come off like you are racist. Why refer to one's background when trying to make a point?

And are you suggesting there are no rednecks or racists in New York? I've been in New York pently of times, I have family there and I've seen quite a bit of rednecks there.

Depends how far north or east you go.

Would you rather me say "BJ is going to spill that overrated wrestler/karate guy from Jacksons camp's blood"?

If thats how you feel about GSP, then sure it would be better then refering to his ethnic background, where it makes you sound ignorant.