TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RedJed

OAO Raw Thread for 8/22

Thought I'd post about it since I'm looking forward to the show quite a bit to see what they will be doing to build to the next ppv, which is right around the corner.

Offical preview from WWE.com

Just one day after SummerSlam, there’s no telling what kind of fireworks will be seen on RAW.

"The Nature Boy" Ric Flair will be Carlito's guest on the Cabana, which will be an unpredictable event, to say the least.

Clearly, there should be plenty going down one day after an incredible SummerSlam 2005.

You also won’t want to miss Ashley in her first full Monday night as a RAW Diva! Tune in to Spike TV at 9/8 CT for all this and more!

-----Flair returning begs the question how long it will be before HHH returns. Rumors about HHH and Flair returning on the first Raw on USA seem to be invalid if Flair is already back. Here's hoping for a HBK/HHH alliance against Hogan tonight.

I also expect nothing except a public burial of Hardy during a SummerSlam recap of that match.

Accoding to Meltzer's update today, tonight is Jericho's farewell from the company. I wonder if he gets a respectful send off or a total bury job. I'm betting on the latter.

Accoding to Meltzer's update today, tonight is Jericho's farewell from the company.    I wonder if he gets a respectful send off or a total bury job.  I'm betting on the latter.

I wonder if Yukes/THQ will have time to remove him from SVR 2006?

Not that I'd desperately want Jericho out of the game, obviously, but the game would seem slightly a few months outdated if he were still in.

Jericho's already in the game, and he's staying in. They almost never cut somebody from a game when they've already been completely programmed in.

From Meltzer's update:

--The talk backstage last night is that tonight's Raw would be Chris Jericho's farewell for now. We don't have that confirmed as 100%

The Hell? I thought Jericho re-signed?

He signed up in a short term contract, which only last 2-3 weeks total. Apparently it expires tonite. I still expect him back in a few months likely but now is the time for TNA to make some heavy negotiations to him and try to get him in for the Spike TV debut. Between working indys, TNA, and Japan, Jericho could be a rich man in no time.

He signed up in a short term contract, which only last 2-3 weeks total. Apparently it expires tonite.

Yeah. That's what I was basing it on.

To AndrewTS: Didn't Yukes/THQ remove Rikishi a few months before SVR 1 was released last year since WWE had released Rikishi around that time? Or is Jericho still in because he's always been a bigger name than Rikishi?

Guest Fook

I know they've done Flair/Michaels already, but if Michaels is a face again, there aren't that many people he could face. And if Flair's coming back without HHH, there isn't much else he could do.

He signed up in a short term contract, which only last 2-3 weeks total. Apparently it expires tonite.

Yeah. That's what I was basing it on.

To AndrewTS: Didn't Yukes/THQ remove Rikishi a few months before SVR 1 was released last year since WWE had released Rikishi around that time? Or is Jericho still in because he's always been a bigger name than Rikishi?

He probably will be in because he's a bigger star, but I don't think I ever saw screens of Rikishi or official confirmation that he was included. I know there were screens of Bulldog though.

Although, perhaps you're right and there is cause for concern--I rechecked IGN's confirmed list. I thought I read Chris Jericho--but not there. He could still be in, but we're not sure he's already been made and added.

That was the 11th--after Jericho signed the extension that would keep him in WWE until Summerslam. So perhaps you're right. Damn.

At the very least his moveset will stay in.

I see Flair challenging Michaels for Unforgiven.

Then I hope your sight is bad. They've already done Michaels and Flair. It's not good. See Bad Blood 2003.

Eh their matches have actually been pretty solid, if you ask me.

I hope they do the match at the ppv too, BUT it has to be with HBK as a heel and Flair as the face.

He probably will be in because he's a bigger star, but I don't think I ever saw screens of Rikishi or official confirmation that he was included.  I know there were screens of Bulldog though.

Although, perhaps you're right and there is cause for concern--I rechecked IGN's confirmed list.  I thought I read Chris Jericho--but not there.  He could still be in, but we're not sure he's already been made and added.

That was the 11th--after Jericho signed the extension that would keep him in WWE until Summerslam.  So perhaps you're right.  Damn.

At the very least his moveset will stay in.

It kind of reminds me of when THQ/AKI left Ric Flair out of WCW Revenge because he had sued WCW that year (1998) and wasn't seen very much around that time because THQ/AKI weren't sure what his future plans were in the company.

Guest *KNK*

He signed up in a short term contract, which only last 2-3 weeks total. Apparently it expires tonite. I still expect him back in a few months likely but now is the time for TNA to make some heavy negotiations to him and try to get him in for the Spike TV debut. Between working indys, TNA, and Japan, Jericho could be a rich man in no time.

Stop day dreaming. Jericho isn't stepping foot in TNA.

Jericho doesn't need Japan, TNa and Indies to make a living.

He made a pretty healthy living for himself working for WWE, Fozzy and various other sources of income he has.

He made a pretty healthy living for himself working for WWE, Fozzy and various other sources of income he has.

With the fact he's already made a healthy way of living for himself though, one would imagine, especially pertaining to the Fozzy stuff, that he'd like a more limited schedule of dates per month, time for family, etc. He's already likely rich, he now wants to not have to be traveling constantly as the WWE has currently. Thats kind of why I could see him working at least a few TNA dates per month and then a random show here and there, but mostly spending time away from the business and more with the music stuff. Just a change of lifestyle to not have to worry about all of the running around all the time without many strong breaks that the WWE has.

If his contract is now in fact done and he hasnt resigned yet, that tells me something is up there and it's most definately got a given he's going back to them immediately - small break for Fozzy gigs or not.

Guest *KNK*

With the fact he's already made a healthy way of living for himself though, one would imagine, especially pertaining to the Fozzy stuff, that he'd like a more limited schedule of dates per month, time for family, etc. He's already likely rich, he now wants to not have to be traveling constantly as the WWE has currently. Thats kind of why I could see him working at least a few TNA dates per month and then a random show here and there, but mostly spending time away from the business and more with the music stuff. Just a change of lifestyle to not have to worry about all of the running around all the time without many strong breaks that the WWE has.

If his contract is now in fact done and he hasnt resigned yet, that tells me something is up there and it's most definately got a given he's going back to them immediately - small break for Fozzy gigs or not.

Jericho's lifestyle isn't changing all that much, He is still going to be on the road quite consistantly.

Jericho has no need to burn his bridges with WWE for TNA. Jericho has been on the national scene since he arrived in WCW in 1996 and save for a couple small breaks, he's been going and going with no significant time off.

He's beyond stale and needs to recharge his batteries in the worst way, so he can now get that time off that he clearly needs, live out his rock star fantasies and actually live off that lifestyle.

Jericho will be back in WWE by this winter.

Quite looking forward to Raw just to see what they do with a number of things: Flair's return, how Jericho leaves, future plans for HBK and Cena, maybe the return of Trish.

Should be good.

Maybe Eric Bischoff could force Jericho into a Loser Leaves Raw match against Shawn as punishment for not beating Cena. Shawn gets a big win that sees him send Jericho packing which gives him a boost off of losing to Hogan, and Jericho can come back in three months time on Smackdown, giving it a much needed boost.

Guest *KNK*
Maybe Eric Bischoff could force Jericho into a Loser Leaves Raw match against Shawn as punishment for not beating Cena. Shawn gets a big win that sees him send Jericho packing which gives him a boost off of losing to Hogan, and Jericho can come back in three months time on Smackdown, giving it a much needed boost.

I wouldn't mind that as long as it got good time and Jericho at least looked good going out. I would imagine Bischoff and Angle(since you know they will just rehash the jericho+bischoff vs cena storyline with Angle) screw Jericho and this will allow for Jericho to return on Smackdown this winter as a huge babyface.

Guest rawmvp

I'd like to see Jericho take five months off, and then come back for the Royal Rumble and actually win the damn thing. And then I'd like to see him win one of the World Titles at WrestleMania.

A Face Jericho vs. Heel Angle at WrestleMania 22 would rule.

Jericho's not the only one leaving Raw after tonight.

I gave those fuckers until tonight to put on something worth watching, and they've failed miserably. I doubt tonight's show is gonna change my mind.