TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE 24/7 Classics OnDemand General Discussion

As part of TSM's expansion of 24/7 discussion, I welcome you all to The Schedule Thread. As you all know I love my 24/7 and I'm hoping this expansion idea works. The very first post of this thread will always be the most up to date schedule (thanks to the magic of post editing) with information typed up and researched by yours truly. Feel free to use this thread to comment on impending excitement or crushing disappointment at the programming or themes 24/7 will be offering in the upcoming weeks.

Note: The Venkman Schedule is currently on hiatus.

WWE.com "Hardcore Heaven" Preview:

All July on WWE 24/7 On Demand, we feature the wildest matches and most extreme action during “Hardcore Heaven” month.

Legends

Hall of Fame: Killer Kowalski – he was hardcore before hardcore ever existed. Killer Kowalski dismantled opponents throughout his extraordinary career. Follow Killer from his early days wrestling in Texas and the AWA to ferocious Championship battles with Bruno Sammartino. Plus, see Kowalski’s Hall of Fame Induction, as the Killer is inducted by his most famous and successful protégé, Triple H.

Mick Foley: Greatest Hits and Misses – Legendary WWE Superstar Mick Foley presents his most memorable, and often brutal, matches. Follow Mick on his amazing journey – from early WCW and ECW battles against Big Van Vader, Sabu and Sandman to his WWE classics with Shawn Michaels, the Undertaker, Triple H, Stone Cold Steve Austin and the Rock to his more recent match-ups versus Ric Flair, Randy Orton and Edge. The “Hardcore Edition” is must-see viewing for all sports-entertainment fans.

The Big Ones

ECW Living Dangerously ’99 – A remarkable night of Extreme action. The ECW Heavyweight Championship is unified when Tazz takes on Sabu. ECW TV Champion Rob Van Dam faces Jerry Lynn. Tommy Dreamer and Shane Douglas battle Lance Storm and Justin Credible. Plus, Super Crazy challenges Tajiri and much more.

WWE Old School – Two (2) rarely seen cards full of unbelievable action. Head back to “The World’s Most Famous Arena” for the last WWE Madison Square Garden show of the ‘70s. Bob Backlund puts the Championship on the line in a Texas Death Match against “Big Bad” Bobby Duncum. Plus, it’s a rare NWA World title match at the Garden as Harley Race defends the gold against “American Dream” Dusty Rhodes. In 1989, the action heats up historic Boston Garden as Hulk Hogan faces the Big Boss Man inside the unforgiving Steel Cage. Plus, Shawn Michaels leads the Rockers into action against the double-tough Brain Busters and much more.

TV Classics

The Monday Night War – The battle for sports entertainment supremacy between WWE and WCW rolls on. Raw features a huge main event as the Undertaker and Mankind team up and clash with Triple H and Shawn Michaels. On Nitro, relive two of WCW’s most memorable moments. See Arn Anderson’s emotional retirement from the Four Horsemen. Then watch as the nWo crassly mocks the poignant ceremony.

The Film Room with Gordon Solie: Terry Funk – Before becoming a Hardcore legend, Terry Funk was known as one of the toughest and most skilled competitors in wrestling. Relive the Funker’s rise to greatness, as the “Dean of Announcers”, Gordon Solie details Funk’s climb to the NWA World Heavyweight Championship.

Shorties

For over a decade, there was one match that captivated the attention of fans in the NWA, and later WCW, like no other – War Games. Follow the evolution of the two-ring, steel cage phenomenon from its inception in 1987 as a who’s who of Superstars – Ric Flair, Dusty Rhodes, the Road Warriors, Sting, Steve Austin, Arn Anderson, Hulk Hogan, “Macho Man” Randy Savage, and many more – join teams and climb into the cage for some amazing matches.

WrestleMania VIII is now available - I know this because in an incredibly weird moment, Cogeco actually put the PYBO winner up. Now I actually care what wins for April. As expected, the Hart matches against Austin and Hennig are from Survivor Series 96 and Uncensored 98 respectively.

Guest shadylpete

WWE 24/7 Online updated today, just though I'd add the listings.

Raw: Episode 22

June 21, 1993 | Approx. run time: 45 mins.

This episode of Raw was perhaps the most anticipated one in the shows 22-week span. First, WWE fans were treated to brand new World Tag Team Champions. Raw also was the night of re-matches as Marty Jannetty faced Doink the Clown in a 2-out-of-3 Falls Match (the first ever on Raw). However, it was the main event everyone was looking forward to. Razor Ramon finally gets his re-match against the 1-2-3 Kid. It cost The Bad Guy $10,000, so catch this show to find out if it was worth it.

Raw: Episode 23

June 28, 1993 | Approx. run time: 41 mins.

It's the night of Champions on Monday Night Raw. The Intercontinental Championship is on the line as Shawn Michaels defends his title against Kamala. Will HBK's new bodyguard Diesel, play a role in the match? Plus, the WWE World Champion Yokozuna has an in-ring interview with Mr. McMahon. Yokozuna issued a body slam challenge to any athlete from the United States. Will we find out if anyone has accepted the challenge? Don't miss this Raw!

J.R.'s Pick of the Month: WrestleMania, Tatanka vs. Shawn Michaels

March 14, 2008 | Approx. run time: 28 mins.

With WrestleMania around the corner, WWE 24/7 Online sits down with J.R. to discuss his favorite WrestleMania moments. It should come as no surprise that Shawn Michaels vs. Tatanka is one of them. That's because this is the first ever WrestleMania match he called. Find out exclusively from Hall of Famer Jim Ross what it was like calling this important match. Plus, what are J.R.'s other favorite WrestleManias? This is certainly one J.R.'s Pick you'll want to check out!

Bonus Features: Exclusive Interview with Jim Ross

Wrestling Hot-Beds: The Texas Edition

March 14, 2008 | Approx. run time: 50 mins.

This month Wrestling Hot-Beds makes the correlation between Superstars from Texas and WrestleMania. February has been kind to the likes of "Stone Cold" Steve Austin, John "Bradshaw" Layfield, Shawn Michaels, Chavo and Eddie Guerrero. Catch classic matches with these Superstars as they travel down the road to WrestleMania.

My Favorite Match: Tommy Dreamer - WrestleMania III, Randy Savage vs. Ricky Steamboat

March 14, 2008 | Approx. run time: 22 mins.

Tommy Dreamer's favorite match doesn't contain tables, ladders, chairs or even barbed wire. His favorite match is one of the most classic WrestleMania matches ever. 24/7 Online sits down with Tommy Dreamer as he discusses why Randy Savage and Ricky Steamboat's WrestleMania III match is his all time favorite. After hearing Dreamer's exclusive interview, sit back and enjoy this great match.

Bonus Features: Exclusive Interview with Tommy Dreamer

Raw: The Undertaker Returns

March 2, 1998 | Approx. run time: 10 mins.

At the 1998 Royal Rumble, WWE fans thought they might have seen the last of The Undertaker. Kane buried The Undertaker alive in a casket. Paul Bearer claimed that was the last time WWE would ever see The Deadman. However, a few months later Paul Bearer and Kane pushed their luck by dedicating a 10-bell salute to The Phenom. Plans didn't go accordingly and The Undertaker made his triumphant return. This moment hasn't been seen for almost 10 years so here's your exclusive opportunity to witness the return of The Undertaker.

Royal Rumble: The Royal Rumble Match

January 21, 2001 | Approx. run time: 62 mins.

The Royal Rumble is one of the most prestigious and competitive events in the WWE. The 2001 Rumble was no different with Superstars such as "Stone Cold" Steve Austin, The Rock, The Undertaker, Kane and a slew of surprise entrants involved! This is definitely one unpredictable Rumble.

WrestleMania 23: Press Conference

July 25, 2006 | Approx. run time: 57 mins.

What better way to get ready for WrestleMania than by checking out a classic Press Conference? Hosted by Mean Gene Okerlund, the star-studded event was full of the biggest WWE Superstars and got the WWE fans in Detroit pumped for WrestleMania 23. Only seen once in its entirety, 24/7 Online has the exclusive event available right here!

Raw: Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Big Show

March 22, 1999 | Approx. run time: 12 mins.

The Raw before WrestleMania is typically one of the biggest shows of the year. Back in 1999, Raw was the final stop before WrestleMania XV which featured Stone Cold Steve Austin challenging The Rock. The only thing standing in Austin's way was The Big Show. This is the first time Austin and The Big Show ever wrestled each other and it's available here!

Raw: The Rock Concert

March 24, 2003 | Approx. run time: 13 mins.

This final Raw before WrestleMania was certainly an interesting episode. Instead of a match as the main event of the show, WWE fans were treated to the first ever "Rock Concert." The Rock Concert was full of surprises and entertaining moments you'll want to relive again.

April's schedule is up on Sunflower's site. Programs not mentioned on WWE.com include:

- In Your House: Beware of Dog

- Old School: August 13, 1988 (LA) - Andre vs Savage, Rude vs. Roberts

- Old School: October 20, 1986 (MSG) - tag team battle royal and Bret Hart vs. Raymond Rougeau.

Wonder what Funk vs. Candido is from...

Add the PYBO winner to the rest and there's going to be a lot of stuff to watch. Especially looking forward to Goldust vs. Taker in a casket match at Beware of Dog, just because.

Wonder what Funk vs. Candido is from...

Unless this is obvious, it's the Nitro match that wandered into the horse stable.

Completely blanked on that one.

I have a commercial copy of BOD somewhere in this place - I believe they show Vader vs. Yokozuna followed by Shawn Michaels vs. Bulldog, then show BOD II's 3 re-do matches after. I think that's how it aired on the Tuesday broadcast which I assume would be the one they air. It's not a bad IYH show - Bulldog/Michaels is good (though much better at KOTR the next month) and Vega/Austin have a good strap match.

I wonder for Beware of Dog if they will air the first match of the PPV on that Sunday, air the rest of the midcard right after that, which took place on the following Tuesday night, and then show the main event from the Sunday PPV. Doesn't make sense to show the first match, the main event, and then the midcard after all that.

I have a commercial copy of BOD somewhere in this place - I believe they show Vader vs. Yokozuna followed by Shawn Michaels vs. Bulldog, then show BOD II's 3 re-do matches after. I think that's how it aired on the Tuesday broadcast which I assume would be the one they air. It's not a bad IYH show - Bulldog/Michaels is good (though much better at KOTR the next month) and Vega/Austin have a good strap match.

I think the deal with the Beware of Dog show was that no one had told Michaels or Bulldog that they had restored power, and were back on the air, so they assumed they were still just wrestling in the dark for the arena only, and as such only worked their generic house show match, rather than the PPV match they had planned. Both were very angry as a result.

That story doesn't make a lot of sense. I remember them showing clips on the Raw after BOD and before BOD II showing how badly lit the arena was during the almost literal dark matches. Surely Shawn and Bulldog would see power was up and running again. Furthermore, the match still ended in a double pin to build to the KOTR match - why would they do this if they thought it was off air?

To answer my own questions, I suppose it's plausible they did the original finish anyway because that's what was planned, so why not, and even though the building's power was on they may have thought the PPV had long since been canceled and taken off the air, not realizing they sat on dead air for over an hour.

For the first time, I ordered the encore of Beware of Dog because I was not home by 7pm, so during the encore, they had the first match, I believe it was Marc Mero vs. someone, and then it cut straight to the main event with HBK and Bulldog. So I got to see both those matches on the encore. What happened when it was live?

Good news for Canadian subscribers like 10 Pounds and I: The description I have for Wrestling Challenge is clearly intended for Armageddon. That would imply that, to go along with finally getting a PYBO and LOW show, we're set to get recent PPVs again too.

Guest heyguesswhatidid

Reading the thing on the Sunflower site, there's a lot of big ones next month.

You have Wrestlewar, IYH Mind Games, IYH Beware of Dog, the PYBO, Royal Rumble 2008, Los Angeles from 1988 and an MSG Show, plus we still have an MSG Show and Armageddon this month.

Lots of good stuff coming up.

Good news for Canadian subscribers like 10 Pounds and I: The description I have for Wrestling Challenge is clearly intended for Armageddon. That would imply that, to go along with finally getting a PYBO and LOW show, we're set to get recent PPVs again too.

Looks like I was wrong about that. Odd that they had the Armageddon description, though.

That story doesn't make a lot of sense. I remember them showing clips on the Raw after BOD and before BOD II showing how badly lit the arena was during the almost literal dark matches. Surely Shawn and Bulldog would see power was up and running again. Furthermore, the match still ended in a double pin to build to the KOTR match - why would they do this if they thought it was off air?

To answer my own questions, I suppose it's plausible they did the original finish anyway because that's what was planned, so why not, and even though the building's power was on they may have thought the PPV had long since been canceled and taken off the air, not realizing they sat on dead air for over an hour.

The PPV channel went to static for the period in between the Austin Promo and the beginning of Michaels vs Bulldog

The schedule (1st post of the thread) has updated, though right now it's really no more than what you guys could have read on Sunflower since I haven't done any research yet. Still, I find having the weekly breakdown is handy and I'll be adding some details later.

If I'm still awake and get a prompt 12am update, I will be watching the Savage / Roberts snake incident and loving it.

Edit: Schedule has been given the "Venkman touch".

Here's a funny newsbit from WO.com:

WWE is going to launch a web site in May called SportsEntetainmentGoneWrong.com to promote 24/7 and apparently air botched angles. Well, they own that WCW library and 1999-2000 affords them endless hours.

As I assumed, May's theme is Latino Legends, but the line-up seems quite changed from last May and it looks like the Shorties are going to be 10 Eddie Guerrero matches. I was hoping if this theme happened again this year Tito would be the HOFer, not Pedro, so I got my wish there.

As I assumed, May's theme is Latino Legends, but the line-up seems quite changed from last May and it looks like the Shorties are going to be 10 Eddie Guerrero matches. I was hoping if this theme happened again this year Tito would be the HOFer, not Pedro, so I got my wish there.

The MNW is going to have Dude Love's first appearance!

Yay!

I like how they're posting Rey's new DVD. Yeah, that'll make DVD buyers happy.

I love that they're showing the last Clash. I suppose it's good that they're keeping the other big ones hushed.

Guest heyguesswhatidid

I like how they got the name of the Rey DVD wrong in the synopsis.

I like how they're posting Rey's new DVD. Yeah, that'll make DVD buyers happy.

I love that they're showing the last Clash. I suppose it's good that they're keeping the other big ones hushed.

From what I remember, the last Clash is nothing to write home about.

In the preview show for April, they said that they would show the entire 2008 Hall of Fame Ceremony. So it will be availlable on 24/7 before coming to DVD ? (yay, an exclusive!).

Really hope they show Flair's speech complete and unedited.

Another encouraging sign for Canadian customers: We now have the American 24/7 program ratings (which is really redundant since they come after Cogeco's own VOD program rating, which they've updated to a new font, song, and voice - very jarring). Anyhow, that's one of those odd things where when I had to download the LOW shows I would see that 24/7 rating and think "I've never seen this".