TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Nighthawk

Energy Drinks

Guest FromBeyondTheGrave

RedBull is my favorite. RockStarr and Monster are also good.

All the carbonated ones suck. I end up growing immune to them.

Go with espresso. Get a shot of espresso with a regular cup of coffee to back it and you'll be flying. It's my drug of choice.

red bull is good, so is the mt. dew one, but they all have pretty much the same ingredients so just go for the cheapest one that tastes good to you and mixes well with vodka

I like a shot of espresso in my coffee, but starbucks also markets energy drink style cold espresso shit which is decent, it's pretty expensive though

I don't like Red Bull, myself. They give it away free all the time at school, so I'll drink them, but they taste like thinned out cough syrup.

I had a sip of Budweiser's idiot beer/energy drink hybrid, B to the E (seriously) this weekend. You probably shouldn't pick that one.

I've had a Doubleshot here and there, once during a rare all-nighter. They work, but if you're not going to be asleep three hours after taking one, your stomach is going to feel like you just had a back-alley abortion in there.

Man, I'm all about Amps. I've tried everything I can get my hands on, and they've all mostly sucked. Full Throttle is good, YJ Stinger is bad, Red Bull is good, Pimpjuice is bad, Monster is bad, No Fear is okish, so... yeah. Amp and Full Throttle is what I normally drink.

At the grocery store they sell Rockstar and Full Throttle (by Coke) which are 16 oz drinks for the same price (2 bucks) as the 8 ounce Red Bull or Mountain Due. So I usually go with one of those. But, I recently bought a case of Red Bull at Costco since that was the only one they had, so I'm stocked with those.

Sugar Free Red Bull is low calorie. I'm also, by the way, high on 180, which is very orange sodaish.

I would drink Crunk Juice, for the image alone, but I can't find it anywhere.

Guest Vitamin X

I personally love 180, the Mt. Dew one, Red Bull, and *corporate shill* the Starbucks Doubleshot. What Dangerous A described up there is typically called a "blackeye" or "redeye" at Starbucks, depending on how many espresso shots you get in a cup of coffee. Since a shot of espresso is pretty sweet as is, if you really want meth-style coffee, best way to go is to get a double-shot of espresso with about 6 brown sugars or so (or splenda if you prefer to go low-cal) in a tall or grande cup. Obviously, the larger the coffee you go, the less energy it'll have.

Cubans have these super-sugar espresso variations called coladas and cortaditos, also. More info here.

MDX

Theres a sugar free version too.

I tried some of the Sugar Free MDX today at work (looking for an energy boost towards the end of a 13 1/2 hour shift) and I couldn't honestly say I felt any extra energy. $1.49 for 14.1 oz, Id rather buy a Powerbar for that (they've always worked for me at work).

It wasn't bad tasting, I just dont think its much of an energy drink..

The regular Mt. Dew MDX stuff is what I drink, with some No Fear while working regular days. It works for a guy who gets around six hours of sleep.

When I'm working very long days like this week (6:00 AM to 8:PM, 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM, and 10:00 AM to 10:00 PM.) If there's any chance of working late, I'll take it. I'll be running off a large 64 oz. gimmicked mug from my local Speed Way. Most of the time, It'll mostly be Mt. Dew or coffee.

The time I drank two Mountain Dew Amps and washed them down with a Code Red is as close as I've ever been to an altered state of consciousness. I just remember running. A LOT. Around my neighborhood and my house. Then I watched the Sklars do stand-up and it was at the time the funniest thing I had ever seen in my life. I passed out for like twelve hours at the conclusion of it all. I've never touched one since.

The time I drank two Mountain Dew Amps and washed them down with a Code Red is as close as I've ever been to an altered state of consciousness. I just remember running. A LOT. Around my neighborhood and my house. Then I watched the Sklars do stand-up and it was at the time the funniest thing I had ever seen in my life. I passed out for like twelve hours at the conclusion of it all. I've never touched one since.

Pretty low tolerance you've got there. I'd guess you don't drink coffee either. I mean, actual speed doesn't freak me out as much as that.

Guest Vitamin X

Black tea has just as much, if not more, caffeine than any kind of coffee. Green Tea is comparable in caffeine amount to coke as well.