TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest The Elements of Style

Fuck You Bennigan's You're Dead

I went to one that had just opened in Lake Zurich with my family about five or six years ago and I had a bad stomach ache after whatever it was I ate there. Also, it smelled bad inside. One bad chain restaurant down. I hope Ruby Tuesday or Applebee's is the next to go.

Forgot two commas and a period. It's meant to be read unmodulated, without a pause.

Guest Vitamin X

Not a fan of Bennigan's, but Applebee's has got to go. For sure.

Just keep around Denny's, and I'm cool.

Well I only went there once (We never got them up in Maine) and while it was decent enough for that type of restaurant, I'm definitely not shedding tears over its demise. I save those for the closing of local hole in the wall places.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

I've never had the food poisoning that so many folks have claimed they've had, but my one Ruby Tuesday visit gave me the screaming shits.

I once got some kind of food poisoning, or a bug, or SOMETHING from a local Arby's. That night when I was home, I was taking a shit, and just thought I had really bad diarrhea. I stood up, looked down, and saw that I had just shit a LOT of blood. I probably should have went to the emergency room, but I was so weak afterwards, all I wanted to do was lay down and go to sleep. It was still until around 11:00 AM the next day before I felt OK again. Probably missed my chance for one hell of a lawsuit there.

I've never been hard to please when it comes to food. Applebee's and the like are pretty dependable, though now that I live in a bigger city it's much easier to find non-chain establishments with great food.

I've been to Ruby Tuesday twice; one time it gave me the shits, one time it smelled like shit. I think I've noted the latter in another thread, possibly the one about rudeness in restaurants wherein I not quietly noted that it smelled like shit in here.

Word on the street is the one here in town isn't closing down because it's independently run or something like that. Good news, too, because that's our de facto sit-down hangout restaurant since we know some of the bartenders who are pretty good about not taking additional drinks on to our bill.

Yeah, the franchise operated restaurants will still be open but the corporate run restaurants are done.

I really didn't care for Ruby Tuesday's the one time I went there. Nine times out of ten, I'll take a fast food place over any of those sit down chains. It's the same crap for the most part anyways, just slightly higher quality and marked up $5.

wait is Bennigan's closing up or something, I havent had too many bad experiences with the food at resturants, one time a few years back I ate a Turkey Club at Steak and Shake and the next day I was sick as hell, I think its moreso you need to learn what makes you sick when you eat at resturants and not order that again then a couple years back I ate at a resturant called Chevy's Fresh Mex, lets just say I had Fresh Mex comin out the back of me later that night and so did my mom and her friend, and in terms of shitty service a few years ago me, my mom and her friends went to Denny's and we waited 45 minutes for the food, then the next week we went back and after 10-15 minutes of waiting to order we basically just said fuck this and left

We don't get many Applebee's up here but the one I went to was heinously mediocre. Haven't been back, wouldn't want to.

Niagara Falls?

We have two, and two Denny's.

However don't take away Chili's. It's the cheapest bar at the Calgary Airport if I have to wait my flight to Fort. McMurray.

You know, I never really pay attention to it on my way to work..but after reading this thread, I made point to look at the Bennigan's near Reliant today to see if it was closed or not.

I think I read that all 11 of the Bennigans in the Houston area are closed. It's a bummer. On the rare occassions I go out to lunch with a coworker, it's a cheap, nearby option.

Used to go to the one at SW Fwy and Kirby on occasion when I lived down there. I think we ended up going to eat pho more though, since it was cheaper and tastier.

We don't get many Applebee's up here but the one I went to was heinously mediocre. Haven't been back, wouldn't want to.

Niagara Falls?

We have two, and two Denny's.

However don't take away Chili's. It's the cheapest bar at the Calgary Airport if I have to wait my flight to Fort. McMurray.

Nope, Mississauga. Can't remember where it is for the life of me. Speaking of, how'd your move go?

Actually my woman got a job out here with the same company that I work for. We figured to make the most of our money, why bother renting an apartment if we are going to be there once a month or so.

Guest Cal Moriarty
wait is Bennigan's closing up or something, I havent had too many bad experiences with the food at resturants, one time a few years back I ate a Turkey Club at Steak and Shake and the next day I was sick as hell, I think its moreso you need to learn what makes you sick when you eat at resturants and not order that again then a couple years back I ate at a resturant called Chevy's Fresh Mex, lets just say I had Fresh Mex comin out the back of me later that night and so did my mom and her friend, and in terms of shitty service a few years ago me, my mom and her friends went to Denny's and we waited 45 minutes for the food, then the next week we went back and after 10-15 minutes of waiting to order we basically just said fuck this and left

This is one sentence, and it doesn't even end with a punctuation mark.

I get Restaurants and Institutions Magazine every other week and they do a top 400 chain restaurants article every year based on sales from 2007.

Bennigans was #56 on their list which just came out earlier in July, having $710 million in sales through about 1200 restaurants.

For those of you complaining about Applebees (#11 on the list), they aren't going anywhere. They are the best performing casual chain in the country. They recently bought IHOP (#25), and they had $5 billion in sales across 1,900 stores with IHOP adding another $2 billion in sales over 1,200 stores.

Chili's was #12 with sales of $3.7 billion. Denny's (#22) sales were $2.4 Billion. Ruby Tuesdays (#30) were $1.8 Billion.

The fact is, with the economy tanking like it is, there will probably be more of these restaurant closings happening but it wont be any of these chains because they are well positioned and making money. Bennigans was on the lower end of the casual restaurant market and had to deal with stiff competition from the above noted chains and fewer dollars to be spent eating out.

top 10 Chains:

McDonalds 56.7 Billion

KFC 14.2

BK 12.1

Starbucks 10.3

Subway 10

Pizza Hut 9.3

Wendy's 8.8

Taco Bell 6.5

Dominos 5.1

Dunkin Donuts 5

I ate at Bennigan's a few times. It was okay, thankfully no food poisoning.

how the fuck is the taint stain of fast food Wendy's beating out Carl's Jr.? nothing is good there, no matterwhich one i go to they always fuck up an order, like theres nothing but trogolodytes working there.

Guest Cal Moriarty

It must have something to do with that ad campaign centered around the bitchy disembodied voice. People are making a connection between consuming Frosties and savagely facefucking some annoying girl.