TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest The Satanic Angel

Arby's

Guest The Satanic Angel

So I go to Arby's for lunch a couple times a month, and I've been in food service and retail before, so I know very well that a $4.99 meal would come out to $5.29 with 6% sales tax. The last two times I've ordered, I noticed that my total was $5.39. Only, a dime, I know. But where was the dime being charged to me? The menu board has $4.99 on it, and a picture of the curly fries. Well, I asked about it today and got an attitude from Hell. First lady said the receipt would itemize what my charges were, and I told her I knew because I'd gotten a receipt before and it does add up to $5.39, but it didn't say where that extra $.10 was coming from. So she got the drive-thru supervisor and I asked again how $4.99 with 6% tax doesn't add up to $5.29. She gave me the same thing the other girl did, closed the window on me and got the manager of the store. She asked me what was wrong, and I told her I was wondering how $4.99 with 6% sales tax ended up being $5.39. She asked if I got curly fries, and I told her yes, and she said there's an extra $.10 charge for curly fries. Was that so hard to tell me? I said the sign should be changed so there wasn't any confusion. She said she would change it, then also closed the door on me, stomped away and they dropped a 'free tender' in my bag ... a chicken tender. I didn't order a chicken tender, I wasn't looking for free food. I just wanted to know where the extra charge was.

Was I an unruly customer? Am I wrong for asking about a fucking dime?

<-------- not visiting Arby's again for a while (and no snide comments about not needing to, fat ass)

"Closed the door." What's the matter -- can't fit in the store? lolz

Seriously though, if they're going to charge you for something dumb like this, then you have every right to ask. If you ordered via the drive-thru, perhaps they just wanted to get the line moving and didn't want to stop and ponder why there's an extra dime charge on the curly fries. If you ordered in the store, perhaps it was a busy lunch hour and they didn't feel like dealing with you. At least you got a free chicken tender out of it; I get nothing when asking such things. Also, since you mentioned you worked fast food, I'm sure you weren't being a jerk about this surcharge. It's amazing how horrid some managers are in situations like this.

What I hate are the gas stations that put a price on their marquee, but there's a few extra cents per gallon if you pay with a credit card.

And if you think you were unruly, you should have seen me on Tuesday when the grocery store cashier didn't correctly scan any of my coupons. :firedevil:

Guest Princess Leena

You weren't wrong at all. One should always know what they're paying for.

Guest The Satanic Angel

(breathes a sigh of relief, feels redeemed)

I was in the drive-thru, so it was the windows they were closing abruptly.

My dog will enjoy the free chicken tender, anyway.

Where in the food service industry did you work before?

The Arby's around here are pretty good, as are the Wendy's. The Golden Arches are hit-or-miss, though. I've learned to stay clear of urban fast-food joints.

Guest Princess Leena

The Arby's back in Buffalo were horrible. Most of them were dead because of the higher prices. So, the kids goofed off all the time.

Guest The Satanic Angel

I worked at Atlanta Bready Company ... not sure if that's considered part of the same genre of McD's, Wendy's, et al ...

I so miss their Chicken Chili, but they shafted me, so I won't step foot in one again.

Today was free chicken tender day at Arbys..its a part of their whole "We sell natural chicken now..!!" campaign, which has me wondering what the hell they were selling before..although its a nice excuse to jack prices up about 50 cents..

so at least you know that they didnt try to appease you with a free Chicken Tender.

I so miss their Chicken Chili, but they shafted me, so I won't step foot in one again.

I'd put ABC up there a half-notch above BK, Wendy's, etc. Kinda like Boston Market. I think they are the one with the soup that you can get in a bread bowl. Food was OK but WAY overpriced. And share your miserable work experience.

The Arby's back in Buffalo were horrible. Most of them were dead because of the higher prices. So, the kids goofed off all the time.

Man if I was ever in Buffalo, I'd go to the Old Country Buffet instead.

Fuck fastfood over there. I see more Burger King there than anything else.

Guest Arnold_OldSchool

Arby's is gross, I can't eat anything there without feeling like I'm eating pre digested food

Guest The Satanic Angel
And share your miserable work experience.

I was hired as a shift manager (simply because I was a couple years older than the other employees, I had no management experience) and was there for about three months. Well, the other shift manager was really good friends with the employees because he'd worked his way up the ranks and knew what they were going through, yadda yadda yadda.

I've always had my own way of doing things, and that included how the store was closed down at night. Well, the employees underneath me didn't think I was being fair and a couple of them walked out on me (didn't quit, just left before their work was done). They got a 'stern' talking-to and kept their jobs. I also kept on the kids about wearing all the appropriate gear (hat, apron, gloves).

During a slow period on a Saturday, two of my friends stopped by and had lunch. I sat with them and we talked. One of the girls working the register wasn't wearing a hat (health code violation) and so my friend got a comment card and complained.

The result? I got fired. Why? Because none of the kids would listen to me. Found out later that the girl without the hat was also dating the other shift manager. In short, the upper management would rather keep a couple lazy kids than one hard working manager.

Bogus.

Oh christ, you were doomed from the start. Man, I would never walk out like that -- they should have been replaced right then and there.

Also, a buddy of mine filled out a comment card at the gas station I used to work at saying how great a worker I was; I got fired a week later.

Guest The Satanic Angel

They should have. The upper management were also spineless, and that didn't help.

What were the reasons for offing you? They fired me because some hippie chick didn't like me (and she was a hippie who got PISSED over something I said about the indians) and told our district manager I was the reason for our store's shortages. Of course after my departure, the shortages got even worse. That's when I got the job at the theater and even though I still worked 12-16 hour shifts, the work wasn't nearly as labor-intensive and it wasn't third-shift (Gotta love that 10 p.m. Saturday night - 3 p.m. Sunday afternoon shift). Boy, they sure showed me.

The best thing about Arby's are their curly fries and 5 for 5's.

Back in my day we had 5 for $5. Now it's 4 for $5, or 5 for $5.95. And now Bush is trying to take away my Social Security. :angry:

Guest The Satanic Angel
What were the reasons for offing you?

All they said was that 'it wasn't working out'. So I came to my own conclusion that they got rid of me as the lesser or two evils. Fire one good employee that everyone doesn't like, or fire six bad employees that are close friends and one is dating another shift manager.

Don't know how they're doing now, don't care. :D

What were the reasons for offing you?

All they said was that 'it wasn't working out'. So I came to my own conclusion that they got rid of me as the lesser or two evils. Fire one good employee that everyone doesn't like, or fire six bad employees that are close friends and one is dating another shift manager.

Don't know how they're doing now, don't care. :D

Atleast they didn't say "it's not you, it's us."

LOL -- never been given that line, at least not in an employment sense. Besides the gas station, the only other time I got fired was due to my "bad attitude."

I've never been fired. Though I've quit memorably with combinations of curse words.

Isn't Arby's roast beef come in liquid form and then cooked solid to be sliced?

Someone told me that and it's kinda turned me off of Arby's

Guest Agent of Oblivion
Isn't Arby's roast beef come in liquid form and then cooked solid to be sliced?

Someone told me that and it's kinda turned me off of Arby's

Not too far from the truth. There's no bone in it, and I don't know of a part of a cow with no bones.

It's reconstituted meat in a plastic bag that's chucked in an oven for a couple few hours, then it sits in a holding oven until it's used up.

If the place is busy and meat's getting low, you might be one of the lucky ones to get under-roasted meat that gets microwaved to bring it up to code.

The chicken sits in a hot drawer. So do the potatoes.

I worked at an arby's for one summer, and haven't paid full price for any of their items since, other than curly fries, which I request be made fresh, and wait for.

All fast food roast beef is chopped and formed beef held together with a bunch of chemicals and other fun ingredients. But honestly its nothing different from sliced ham you get at a deli.

We get whole beef roasts where I work (sans bone though..) and not only do they take 6 forevers to cook (because they are like 20+ lbs each) but they are also a bitch to slice thin for sandwiches because the meat isn't uniform and there are hollow spaces, deposits of fat and all. But we get a ton of compliments on the roast beef sandwiches from the patients.

As a guy my mom knows once said, "Fuck Arby's around here!"

I was telling him how I had just had the 3 for $555 deal at Arby's, and he referred to the aforementioned 5 for 5 deals in the Arbys' across the border.

I also remember a commercial from 1993 where a woman swore that the 2 for 4 dollar sub she was eating was worth 6.95. Even as a nine year old, I knew 695 for an Arby's sub would have meant a losing bid on the Price is Right.

I've heard about this Hogan/Arby's commercial, but the guy who told me was drunk when he told me, and is a Hogan mark.How right was he? If so, I've gotta see this.

Hey, don't forget the mozzarella sticks. Those are awesome-o. I think they're better then what you get out of 90% of restaurants. The mozzarella sticks are pretty much the whole reason I go there.