Reply to this topicStart new topic
WWE Encyclopedia, The Book~!
Aero
post Mar 10 2009, 08:32 PM
Post #1

Awesome

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,066

Has anyone else seen this new WWE Encyclopedia? I was flipping through it at a book store today, and it's just such a great way to pass the time. It has a blurb on apparently EVERYONE that has ever competed in WWE, including guys like Battle Kat, Just Joe, Knuckleball Schwartz, and likely anyone else you can think of. It even has a half page for Chris Benoit, but the blurb just ends with basically "He won the World Title at WM XX, and after losing to Orton, he stayed in top contention for the next few years".
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
NitroJMS
post Mar 12 2009, 12:41 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 836

QUOTE (Aero @ Mar 10 2009, 09:32 PM) *
Has anyone else seen this new WWE Encyclopedia? I was flipping through it at a book store today, and it's just such a great way to pass the time. It has a blurb on apparently EVERYONE that has ever competed in WWE, including guys like Battle Kat, Just Joe, Knuckleball Schwartz, and likely anyone else you can think of. It even has a half page for Chris Benoit, but the blurb just ends with basically "He won the World Title at WM XX, and after losing to Orton, he stayed in top contention for the next few years".

(IMG:http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/510UnVYFncL._SS400_.jpg)

Looks interesting. I'll have to browse the next time I'm at Barnes and Noble if they have it.

Kinda odd cover though, Dibiase, Jake, Blassie, Edge, and whoever is on the far right over Hogan, Bret, Flair, Andre, and Piper? Anyone have an idea on who that is on the right?

It'd be cool to have WWE someday do a true encyclopedia or reference piece instead of just a coffee table book like this one. They could have it span WWF/E, WCW, AWA, ECW, WCCW and whatever other rights they have. Have each volume cover 2-3 letters of the alphabet and include in 2-3 DVDs of matches for the bigger names (main eventers and mid-carders) from that volume. Price each set around $30-40 and you've got a nice little collectible series that could be a constant revenue stream for years as the volumes would have to be spaced out.

+Quote Post
The Buzz
post Mar 12 2009, 12:50 AM
Post #3

Ready to train in 2009

Member No.: 4,295

Looks to me that Piper is on the cover in the far right in the blue tights right below Million Dollar Man.

+Quote Post
ChrisMWaters
post Mar 12 2009, 12:51 AM
Post #4

Oh no you didn't...

Member No.: 2,676

QUOTE (The Buzz @ Mar 12 2009, 02:50 AM) *
Looks to me that Piper is on the cover in the far right in the blue tights right below Million Dollar Man.

Either Piper or Bob Backlund.

+Quote Post
CBright7831
post Mar 12 2009, 01:04 AM
Post #5

TSM Hall of Famer

Member No.: 5,321

Haha - HHH's picture is bigger than Austin and Rock's.

EDIT - Not that it matters, I'm just nitpicking.

+Quote Post
cmpunk04
post Mar 12 2009, 06:41 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 5,798

I put down an order on the Encyclopedia just beacuse I am a sucker for anything history or stats based like this. Im interested to see how deep into the past roster they will go with it although judging from the pictures on Amazon featuring such past greats as Battle Kat, Avatar and Kabuki id say it covers quite a lot.

+Quote Post
Boner Kawanger
post Mar 12 2009, 11:27 AM
Post #7

My mom says I'm cool

Member No.: 2,155

It's Piper. He's doing the "I love you" hand sign/pose he stole from Snuka

+Quote Post
BruteSquad_BRODY
post Mar 12 2009, 11:38 AM
Post #8

I'm on the Brute Squad

Member No.: 10,855

QUOTE (CBright7831 @ Mar 12 2009, 01:04 AM) *
Haha - HHH's picture is bigger than Austin and Rock's.

EDIT - Not that it matters, I'm just nitpicking.

Really if the NFL did a book Payton Manning would be front and center an Joe Montana, Marino etc would be the smaller pictures

This is how to put your current product over.

+Quote Post
AntiLeaf33
post Mar 16 2009, 10:26 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 6,842

Has anyone picked up the WWE Encyclopedia yet? I'm morbidly curious as to how much tip toeing they will do around Benoit, or if they will just state the facts and stats, and move on.

+Quote Post
LivingLegendGary...
post Mar 16 2009, 10:32 PM
Post #10

Math Enthusiast/ Bad Ass M.C.

Member No.: 3,110

QUOTE (AntiLeaf33 @ Mar 17 2009, 12:26 AM) *
Has anyone picked up the WWE Encyclopedia yet? I'm morbidly curious as to how much tip toeing they will do around Benoit, or if they will just state the facts and stats, and move on.

I don't remember where I saw it but apparently there was a half page blurb on him that concluded with him dropping the title to Orton at Summerslam 2004 and stayed in contention for major titles for a few more years.

+Quote Post
AntiLeaf33
post Mar 17 2009, 12:06 PM
Post #11

Member No.: 6,842

QUOTE (LivingLegendGaryColeman @ Mar 17 2009, 01:32 AM) *
QUOTE (AntiLeaf33 @ Mar 17 2009, 12:26 AM) *

I don't remember where I saw it but apparently there was a half page blurb on him that concluded with him dropping the title to Orton at Summerslam 2004 and stayed in contention for major titles for a few more years.

I'm fine with it being a blurb about him. Don't need any pics or anything like that. Just state the facts and move on to the next guy.

+Quote Post
spman
post Mar 17 2009, 07:31 PM
Post #12

Member No.: 65

I pawed through the new WWE Encyclopedia book tonight at Barnes and Noble, and I must say I'm impressed. This book is thorough, covering just about everything of importance in the companies history, and profiling nearly every single wrestler / gimmick to appear, including one shots like Friar Ferguson and Phantasio, and Ed Leslie's unidentified masked character that appeared twice and vanished. I'm sure someone will eventually come up with a list of everyone who was ommited, but just from my quick look through the book, TL Hopper and Jim Neidhart's "Who" character are absent, which I find odd seeing how they were at least as noteworthy as Battle Kat or Freddy Joe Floyd, both of whom do appear. Velvet Macentyre is also absent from the book, and she held the Women's title! Other than that however, I couldn't find anyone else they had missed, regardless of obscurity.

+Quote Post
MillenniumMan831
post Mar 17 2009, 07:42 PM
Post #13

Next Year Gentlemen . . . Next Year

Member No.: 1,546

Velvet never held the women's title. She challenged Moolah and Sherri for it but no soup for her.

+Quote Post
ChrisMWaters
post Mar 17 2009, 07:45 PM
Post #14

Oh no you didn't...

Member No.: 2,676

QUOTE (MillenniumMan831 @ Mar 17 2009, 08:42 PM) *
Velvet never held the women's title. She challenged Moolah and Sherri for it but no soup for her.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/titlehistory/wom...445413212111213

RESEARCH!

+Quote Post
MillenniumMan831
post Mar 17 2009, 07:53 PM
Post #15

Next Year Gentlemen . . . Next Year

Member No.: 1,546

Bah what does WWE know about WWE history?

+Quote Post
theone
post Mar 17 2009, 07:55 PM
Post #16

Member No.: 11,231

QUOTE (MillenniumMan831 @ Mar 17 2009, 08:42 PM) *

Wrong. She held the titles for 6-7 days.

+Quote Post
Mr. S£im Citrus
post Mar 18 2009, 11:51 AM
Post #17

You'd like to THINK that, wouldn't you?

Member No.: 1,761

She was also half of the first team recognized as WWF Women's Tag Team Champions, according to wikipedia.

+Quote Post
Dr. Death Randy ...
post Mar 29 2009, 11:07 AM
Post #18

Member No.: 11,436

QUOTE (spman @ Mar 17 2009, 09:31 PM) *
I pawed through the new WWE Encyclopedia book tonight at Barnes and Noble, and I must say I'm impressed. This book is thorough, covering just about everything of importance in the companies history, and profiling nearly every single wrestler / gimmick to appear, including one shots like Friar Ferguson and Phantasio, and Ed Leslie's unidentified masked character that appeared twice and vanished. I'm sure someone will eventually come up with a list of everyone who was ommited, but just from my quick look through the book, TL Hopper and Jim Neidhart's "Who" character are absent, which I find odd seeing how they were at least as noteworthy as Battle Kat or Freddy Joe Floyd, both of whom do appear. Velvet Macentyre is also absent from the book, and she held the Women's title! Other than that however, I couldn't find anyone else they had missed, regardless of obscurity.

Jameson.
Kizarny?

+Quote Post
zhangmeijie
post Mar 29 2009, 12:03 PM
Post #19

Member No.: 11,540

How does it deal with doink the clown? Does it mention several people played him?

+Quote Post
zappafrank
post Mar 29 2009, 03:11 PM
Post #20

Member No.: 10,103

QUOTE (spman @ Mar 17 2009, 08:31 PM) *

Here's a few off the top of my head who had very limited time:

Key (Vic Grimes)
Stephanie's trainer
Buff Bagwell
Mad Maxine
Scott Hudson

+Quote Post
heyguesswhatidid
post Apr 2 2009, 06:58 PM
Post #21

Member No.: 10,183

Just got the book and this is the perfect item for a fan to have while taking a long shit, there's so much stuff to read and it's fun trying to think up people to check if they left them out.

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th May 2017 - 02:35 AM
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here