TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Bosstones Fan

XXX

Guest Bosstones Fan

Am I the only one that hopes this movie just absolutely, flat-out BOMBS???

I know that it won't because the most of the teenaged crowd will eat it up with a spoon, but seriously, this movie is gonna suck. Vin Diesel is not a big star (what's he done, like 2 movies?), nor is this movie any different from any of the other 12 million action/stunt flicks already out there.

Anyway, I know there's no point to this thread at all, and if you feel like you've wasted your time reading it, then I apologize, but I just had to vent.

Guest chirs3

I got duped into seeing it this weekend, so I'll give you all the gory details.

I hope it bombs too, only because I HATE Vin Deisel.

Guest razazteca

I am a big Vin Diesel mark and will predict $25 million opening weekend in sales.

Guest Retro Rob

I like Vin Diesel from TFATF and I'll probably see the movie next week.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

It'll make money.

And they best enjoy it while it lasts...as the Vin backlash is going to be huge in a few months/next year or so.

Guest Big McLargeHuge

He doesn't bother me. I actually hope it does well, he seems like a nice guy.

Guest redbaron51

i predict about the 40 million range probably.

i don't know... Vin Disel is okay, but having Samuel L. Jackson in it...well i want to go see it

Guest El Satanico

I've liked Vin since The Iron Giant. So while i don't really want it to bomb i don't really want him to get typecasted as a "big money making action star". If XXX becomes his second straight hit he will get typecast even quicker then he already has been.

Once he gets that typecast he won't ever be given any good roles that gives him the ability to show that he is capable of more.

Guest LexLugerRules

Vin Diesel's no big star, despite having 9054890840895489043089903908 teenage girls dream about him.

I dont hate Diesel. I enjoyed alot of his movie. Like TFAF, Iron Giant, Boiler Room etc.

I have to go see it with my girlfriend tonight.

Guest Karnage

Imagine if WWE Films ripped off XXX with HHH.

Guy: How long have you been an agent?

Triple H: Two days-uh.

Guest chirs3
Imagine if WWE Films ripped off XXX with HHH.

Triple H: Two days-uh.

Hah! Even better...

(scene from the trailer)

HHH backing up, saying "I don't know what kinda game this, I don't play this game..."

"I AM THE GAME!"

*poses, spits water, gets KO'd by tranquilizer dart*

Guest kkktookmybabyaway

I have no prob. with Vin, although it will be interesting to see how XXX does with the competition around it...

Guest evenflowDDT

I saw xXx today, and I enjoyed it very much. It was the most satisfying action movie I've seen recently (there were some pretty cool spots), and probably the best summer blockbuster this year by far.

Why do so many people on the board hate Vin Diesel so much? He's a pretty good actor, and as a former bouncer he fits the characters he plays well. Even when xXx got silly (like ALL action and spy movies get silly), I never stopped believing Diesel as Xander Cage.

Guest The Man in Blak

Vin Diesel's got the talent, but I don't think playing a watered-down X Games ripoff of James Bond is really going to do his career any favors...in fact, I'd say that the Diesel backlash is probably going to hit in about two months, once everybody's seen the movie and realized how much of a blatant vehicle it was.

Guest massivHEDtrauma

I fucking hate Vin Diesel because he's Vin Diesel. In every interview I've ever seen him involved with he comes off as a pompous, stupid, self-idolizing jerkoff. He has no acting talent. The Fast And the Furious and Pitch Black were both total wastes of time. He has no business being billed as a big star, because he isn't a big star. He's just a pumped-up flavor of the week/day/hour/minute/second.

And I will never be able to believe anyone who is named Xander Cage and who is a car-stealing extreme sports enthusiast who just so happens to become a secret agent. What drivel.

Guest Ravenbomb

I'd like to see how badly he's exposed when he's not surrounded by people as average-at-best as he is, or worse. I hope Sam Jackson makes him look like a total hack

Guest Bricks

I like Vin. I don't know. It's probably the name and the cool voice.

"Imagine if WWE Films ripped off XXX with HHH.

Triple H: Two days-uh."

HAHAHAHA!!! :D

Guest NoCalMike

Personally I think Vin Diesal is a talent-less bulk of muscles that just happens to have "the look" So he will get these types of roles just because they call for that same cardboard "badass" guy. The only badass character I really enjoyed over time was Die Hard's Bruce Willis/John McClane. Since that, no one else can compare.

I just don't see how many people can think Vin Diesel has that much talent, he basically has played the same character in every movie. Fast and the Furios was about the most overrated overhyped crapfest ever. Then again, I am not into the "car culture" and even so, why did everyone have a suped up Honda Accord? Really though, just crap.

Guest Lethargic

My only problem with the movie is that they've been showing commercials and trailers for it since about 1992 and it's just now coming out. It feels like it shoulda came out 6 months ago but it's just NOW out. I'm sick of it and haven't even seen it yet.

Guest Hogan Made Wrestling

Vin Diesel was great in "Boiler Room" but he's just letting himself get typecast now into movies where he is just eye candy for chicks by looking sweaty and not wearing a shirt. Pitch Black was ok but TFATF was horrible.

Guest redbaron51

TFATF was an awesome movie because it had kick ass cars and Michelle Rodriguz.

Vin was awesome in boiler room, but what some people think here, and i agree with them is that is two one dimensional character and will be known as an action hero.

Guest fairtoflair7

I saw it and I was expecting it to be horrible. However, it actually was an entertaining movie. Diesel fits the descriptiion perfectly for the character he plays. Basically, I was very entertained by this movie and its not as bad as you think it would be.

Guest Big McLargeHuge
...he basically has played the same character in every movie.

But then again so have Deniro and Nicholson, but nevermind.

Guest evenflowDDT

What's Boiler Room about? That's the only movie of his I've never seen... is that the one that he wrote and directed as well as starred in (who is he, Woody Allen?)? Is it on DVD?

Also, the mere fact that Jean Claude Van Damme is still making movies shows that "cardboard cutout action stars" have career longevity, so get used to it guys! :P

Guest Karnage
...he basically has played the same character in every movie.

But then again so have Deniro and Nicholson, but nevermind.

Add Adam Sandler to that list.

Guest Lethargic

Boiler Room is like the teen movie version of Glengarry Glen Ross with him, Giovanni Ribisi and Ben Afleck.

Strays is the movie he wrote and directed.