TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Retro Rob

Trish Int. Pulled from Main Page

Guest Retro Rob

A few hours ago it was reported on TrishStratus.com that the interview that appeared on The Smart Marks is not legitimate. Personally, I feel quite bad if that is indeed the case. It seems like I was misled due to the vast amount of publicity the first interview received (much more than this one) and the lack of any complaints that followed. Interestingly enough, after conducting a more in-depth interview, it is brought to my attention that this interview never actually happened. I know what I believe to be the truth in this matter, but quite frankly that doesn't really matter at this point. In closing, I would like to apologize to Trish Stratus and the WWE for being misled in this matter, as well as all the writers on TheSmartMarks.com for any negative reactions that this may have caused. My only advice to anyone in the entertainment business, when it comes to agreeing to interviews, only say what you want to have reported elsewhere.

(Edit: I would like to add my thoughts here. When trying to build a successful website, you try and get the things that will attract the most attention to get and hopefully retain readers. As a young site, we are still growing and have made mistakes in the past. Since there was no fuss made about the first interview by TrishStratus.com or anywhere else for that matter and the fact that many of us have spoken to "Trish" on AIM, I was under the impression this was as legit as Rob did.

For the record, I am not disappointed in Rob in any way. This wasn't a case of poor judgment or a rush to get a scoop. This was about being misled, plain and simple.

On behalf of all of the staff at TheSmartMarks.com and myself, I also apologize to all of the readers.

Damian Gonzalez

Site-Owner of TheSmartMarks.com)

Guest Coffey

Damn. Well, someone questioned how legitimate it was. I guess they blasted that nail on the head...

Guest Downhome
A few hours ago it was reported on TrishStratus.com that the interview that appeared on The Smart Marks is not legitimate. Personally, I feel quite bad if that is indeed the case. It seems like I was misled due to the vast amount of publicity the first interview received (much more than this one) and the lack of any complaints that followed. Interestingly enough, after conducting a more in-depth interview, it is brought to my attention that this interview never actually happened. I know what I believe to be the truth in this matter, but quite frankly that doesn't really matter at this point. In closing, I would like to apologize to Trish Stratus and the WWE for being misled in this matter, as well as all the writers on TheSmartMarks.com for any negative reactions that this may have caused. My only advice to anyone in the entertainment business, when it comes to agreeing to interviews, only say what you want to have reported elsewhere.

Email Trish Stratus' website and apologize there, I'm sure it'd be much more likely to be seen.

I think what we all should do is sit back and find the humor in this, as it IS there. Someone out there got many of us good, it's rather amusing now after the fact.

Guest hunger4unger

It was a very candid interview perhaps it's possible she got into deep shit over it and basically had to end up denying it. Either that or it's a fake.

Guest Eagan469

Eh, it could have been her.

This would be an easy way for her to retract the interview after having second-thoughts about what she said.

Guest Eagan469

Retro Rob - did she hesitate to reply to your questions or was she quick with the responses?

I'm reading through it again right now and it seems legit.

Hell, even *I* couldn't have pulled those responses out of my ass that quickly.

Guest Eagan469

True - but to know so much offhand about the context of Retro Rob's questions is amazing.

If it's not Trish then it's someone from this board trying to pull a fast one.

Guest Retro Rob
Retro Rob - did she hesitate to reply to your questions or was she quick with the responses?

I'm reading through it again right now and it seems legit.

Hell, even *I* couldn't have pulled those responses out of my ass that quickly.

Relatively quick except for the lengthy answers.

I think that I stated what I think to be the truth in my original post. Quite frankly, I'm really not going to get into why I feel this way, but just think about what I said about the last interview as compared to this one. That alone should be enough for most people.

Guest OnlyMe

Rob... don't let it bother you. It wasn't your fault, and you aren't to blame.

Nik

Guest AM The Kid

Thats a real shame, sorry Rob, real or fake, it was a good interview. Very professional.

Guest Choken One

I don't think Trish said anything Damning enough to be forced to deny any statements....She seemed to be on the company line.

Guest hunger4unger

The bit about drug abuse must have had the WWE execs seething. She did say something along the lines that half the roster are pot heads.

Guest Eagan469
I guess some people owe Jericho585 an apology...

He could have been "Trish"

Is there anyway to get someone's IP from AIM?

Then we could see if that IP has a registered name here at Smarkboard.

Jericho585 was a previously banned poster who shouldn't have been in here in the first place.

He gets no apology from me.

Dames

Guest bob_barron

Based on convos I've had with RR and Trish- I have a feeling that Trish did not want this interview to be posted on a major website- she didn't realise this was such a big thing

Guest Jobber of the Week

No, because he was being a dumbass and trolling.

There was a point in Jericho's posts, but he was such a windbag getting it across that he destroyed the point he's trying to make.

Sorry to hear that, Rob, and this'll probably hurt the site's credibility for a while but everybody gets worked sometimes and it always wears off. =/

EDIT: Earth to Baron, IT AIN'T TRISH. It isn't. Mmkay, get over it.

Guest ArchoanJB

yea it kinda sucks, after reading the post about with Jericho and all that and his constant annoyance about the website, thought I'd give it a quick glance, but that really blows for you Retro Rob, hopefully this doesn't hurt TSM too much.

I think the stuff about drug use is what caused "her" to get a little shaky about it.

Dames

That's true... I don't think that trish would have said that about ratting out anyone in the company... I did think that was more than a little strong, but at the time I thought it was her being candid.

Hopefully she might do a real interview out of this.

Guest bob_barron

No, because he was being a dumbass and trolling.

There was a point in Jericho's posts, but he was such a windbag getting it across that he destroyed the point he's trying to make.

Sorry to hear that, Rob, and this'll probably hurt the site's credibility for a while but everybody gets worked sometimes and it always wears off. =/

You can think that. But I've had conversations with people that have led me to think otherwise

Guest Downhome

Calm down, and leave Mr. Barron the hell alone. He's just ashamed that he wanked to that screenname while talking to her. He just can't get himself to believe it wasn't her based on that. ;)

No offense BB, heh.

Why don't we all get to the ROOT of this? Who here was the first to get the screen name, and where did that person get it from?

Guest bob_barron

Calm down, and leave Mr. Baron the hell alone. He's just ashamed that he wanked to that screenname while talking to her. He just can't get himself to believe it wasn't her based on that. ;)

No offense BB, heh.

Why don't we all get to the ROOT of this? Who here was the first to get the screen name, and where did that person get it from?

IT'S TWO R'S.

B-A-R-R-O-N.

Guest Retro Rob

I'm sure many of you have been in a situation where you want to say something to save your own reputation, but you can't because of the rammifications it would have on someone or something else.

I think that *I* would know better than anyone else what actually happened here. If you want to think that I'm a complete idiot (as well as all of you) by actually believing such a fraud, the go right ahead. Those you who are able to read inbetween the lines and are looking at this as more than what appears on the surface, YOU know what actually happened here.

Guest Jobber of the Week

I wish I knew. There were a few threads, but they quickly disappeared as Dames has some kind of issue about giving celebrities their online privacy (I guess because they didn't choose to be celebrities or something =b)

I'm shocked so many people have it actually. I guess there's some secret chat room for this board that I just don't know about.

Guest CanadianChick

Calm down, and leave Mr. Baron the hell alone. He's just ashamed that he wanked to that screenname while talking to her. He just can't get himself to believe it wasn't her based on that. ;)

No offense BB, heh.

IT'S TWO R'S.

B-A-R-R-O-N.

Out of everything he said in that post, you were most offended by your name being spelt wrong? ;)

Guest Jobber of the Week
IT'S TWO R'S.

B-A-R-R-O-N.

As in like:

Barron: Let me tell you about my favorite Steve Regal matches...

FakeStratusfaction has logged off at 09:35:42

Got it. :P

Guest Downhome
I'm sure many of you have been in a situation where you want to say something to save your own reputation, but you can't because of the rammifications it would have on someone or something else.

I think that *I* would know better than anyone else what actually happened here. If you want to think that I'm a complete idiot (as well as all of you) by actually believing such a fraud, the go right ahead. Those you who are able to read inbetween the lines and are looking at this as more than what appears on the surface, YOU know what actually happened here.

So you don't think there is any chance you were played? I mean fuck, it isn't like it would be hard at all for anyone at all to pull such a stunt. I'm sure any one of us here could do so.

Unless you talked to her on the phone, had any contact with her through her website, or anything like that, there is no way at all for you to know that you have ever talked to her period.

Someone needs to go right here and post some sort of message to her message board if for no other reason than to apologize personally.