TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Downhome

WWE announces 2006 DVDs

I'll be picking up all of them (well, maybe not the Cena DVD), as usual.

From WWE.com:

20060202_2006_dvds.jpg

http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/2006dvds

WWE has announced a list of upcoming DVDs to look for on store shelves in the coming months. In addition to the upcoming pay-per-view DVDs, the list includes:

*Austin vs. McMahon: The Definitive Collection

*Brian Pillman: Loose Cannon

*Hulk Hogan: The Ultimate Anthology

*Born to Controversy: The Roddy Piper Story

*The Spectacular Legacy of the AWA

*John Cena: The Time is Now

*The World's Greatest Wrestling Managers

*The American Dream: The Dusty Rhodes Story (2-disc)

*ECW Blood Sport: The Most Violent Matches (comes out in a few days)

*WWE Divas Do New York

*ECW Blood Sport: The Most Violent Matches -- Volume II

-The ones in bold are the most recently added DVDs.

Guest droptoehold

At least they arent in such denial about thier sports entertaining

fanbase that they dont release dvd's like these just to spite the

longtime federation fans.

If done right even the cena could be entertaining

Guest Arnold_OldSchool

The AWA revisionist history comedy will be worth the 17 $ alone!

Guest stylz

Can't wait for the Pillman DVD...

Pillman vs Flair from WCWSN in spring 91 better be on there. And LOTS of Hollywood Blonds stuff.

J

If the blurring of the WWF scratch logo bothers you, the Austin-McMahon DVD will be your own personal hell.

And why is there a Hogan anthology coming out? Didn't they just do a multiple-disc Hogan compilation like 2 years ago?

Unless theyre trying to use sarcasm in dvd titles now, it looks like it might be focused on their gilded era and the good things Verne did (like create a huge crop of talent). The downfall was Verne's own fault and was quite hilarious in its pathetic-ness.

If the blurring of the WWF scratch logo bothers you, the Austin-McMahon DVD will be your own personal hell.

And why is there a Hogan anthology coming out? Didn't they just do a multiple-disc Hogan compilation like 2 years ago?

Yeah, but it was released right before WWF had to switch to WWE, so it was kind of fucked and couldn't sell it as long.

The two disc Hulk Still Rules set isn't even close to what a DVD set for Hogan should be.

WWE.com also lists two more now:

The American Dream: The Dusty Rhodes Story (2-disc)

The World's Greatest Wrestling Managers

Where is Flair II in all of this? I would also enjoy it of the Pillman/Liger match from Superbrawl II made it's way to DVD.

Yeah, but it was released right before WWF had to switch to WWE, so it was kind of fucked and couldn't sell it as long.

B00006G8KI.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

I don't think so.

I don't think so.

It came out in August 2002 and thus was under the WWE banner, but at that point they were still allowed to say the initials "WWF" and show clips from Hogan's 2002 return wthout blurring everything. Once they could no longer get away with that, that was it for that DVD.

I don't think so.

Watch the DVD. None of the logos are blurred and all mentions of "WWF" are still in there, so they only had 6 months to be able to distribute it.

Unless theyre trying to use sarcasm in dvd titles now, it looks like it might be focused on their gilded era and the good things Verne did (like create a huge crop of talent). The downfall was Verne's own fault and was quite hilarious in its pathetic-ness.

McMahon: Why is AWA no longer with us? AWA couldn't--or wouldn't--acknowledge that the wrestling landscape had changed, and that what worked in the past wouldn't work in the present. They refused to run with people who were hot. But worst of all, they insisted on running with those who weren't hot, but were related to management. They couldn't reverse the downward spiral, and that was the end of the American Wrestling Association. Thank you, and join us for the next DVD. I'm Vince McMahon, and for some reason I am feeling really uncomfortable right now.

Also, as I said before, it isn't what a Hogan DVD set could (and should) be. It was released before WWE hit their stride with really great DVD releases, so a new Hogan one is a must. Just the same, we need a new Rock DVD.

McMahon: Why is AWA no longer with us? AWA couldn't--or wouldn't--acknowledge that the wrestling landscape had changed, and that what worked in the past wouldn't work in the present. They refused to run with people who were hot. But worst of all, they insisted on running with those who weren't hot, but were related to management. They couldn't reverse the downward spiral, and that was the end of the American Wrestling Association. Thank you, and join us for the next DVD. I'm Vince McMahon, and for some reason I am feeling really uncomfortable right now.

Well played. :D

They *need* to get as much footage of Hogan in Japan as possible, specifically his work from the early 80's in New Japan. That shit is fucking great. I wonder if they can use the Supershow Tokyo Dome footage with Hogan vs. Hansen, since it was a joint production?

As much as I loathe the aged politic-ing orange goblin now, I still mark when Derringer hits and will be picking that set up also prolly the Austin/McMahon set

I can't wait for the tall tales Hogan will be telling in the feature. That and AWA revisionist history 101.

"Tatsumi Fujinami tried to shoot on me and break my leg! Swear."

Sarcasm aside, the rest of the discs I'll pick up. I just refuse to give the Hogan DVD any of my time or money since it'll be filled with lies...er...exaggerations and I can't stand WWE revisionist stuff.

I'd like to see that Hogan/Muta match on DVD.

I'd like to see the interview before the match where Hogan puts over the IWGP title as being more prestigious that the WWF title on DVD