TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ace309

Attention Danny Williams:

Guest Ace309
What the Hell are you talking about? I find it to be quite the opposite here. Me, Ced, and T-Bone are like the only puro marks here. Flesher seems more of an American junior fan(correct me if I'am wrong Tom)

Well thank you. Thank you VERY much. Here I've been working very hard (watching the same several matches over and over again, periodically downloading something new, so long as Ohtani, Takaiwa or Togo was in it, coming up with complex internal psychology and running it past my puro-mark roommate who would meow approvingly and then claw me until I fed her), and you go and blow my cover as a puro mark with two simple sentences and one parenthetical clause.

Now the newbies are going to stop respecting me because I'm a lowly American wrestling mark like them. :(

Truth be told, I'm actually just an amaresu mark with my feet slightly wet for the Japanese action. I've got around half a gig of Japanese wrestling on this machine, which I watch regularly. It is, however, far and away Junior wrestling in the majority. That's largely counterproductive, since I write more of a mat-wrestling character with some big spots, but it's what I like to watch as far as pro wrestling goes.

All in all, though, I'm a Greco-Roman mark through and through.

Now THERE'S something that people hate. :D

Guest kelloggs

Okay you may have pegged Taamo but...

I love Junior HeavyWeight, cruiser/lucha, old NWA/WCW and WWF action and crap like that as it does come up in my matches and somewhat fit my character. I may not love puro but I'm not a WWE mark. Sure I watch but so do a lot of people. Philly's own CZW's Best of the Best tourney 1 and 2 may not count in your book as Junior action but I'll be damned if i'm not a Trent Acid, Ruckus and Jodi Flesch mark because of them and have been for a year. I'm sure most here don't just watch the WWE.

Damnit I'm a smark

M. "And I'm somewhat proud of it" Francis

Guest 5_moves_of_doom

And btw, simply in that context Danny, I happen to be a big Japan mark also, I just am an all around goofy person though, and seem to incorporate that in my matches. I love your matches, but up until the end of your JL run they were pretty hard to read since you followed a rather bland style of WRITING aout your GREAT matches. Now, as it shows with your last JL match and your recent match against Z, you've improved greatly.

But, never judge a writer by the type of wrestling he watches, because you don't know.

-Taylor "My Dramatic Speech Turned Into A Fucktard-Sounding 8-Line Spiel" Thompson

Guest Beingz0wningj00

Professional wrestling is insulting to me, I was an amateur wrestler, and watching this be more popular is ashame.

Guest TheBostonStrangler

It's all about the mainstream American wrestling to me. I like the entertainment. What can I say? I can respect the Japanese stuff, and the lucha libre, since it's some damn good wrestling. But I like the WWE, I liked WCW and ECW, and I prefer it to anything else.

Guest Coffin Surfer
What the Hell are you talking about? I find it to be quite the opposite here. Me, Ced, and T-Bone are like the only puro marks here. Flesher seems more of an American junior fan(correct me if I'am wrong Tom)

Well thank you. Thank you VERY much. Here I've been working very hard (watching the same several matches over and over again, periodically downloading something new, so long as Ohtani, Takaiwa or Togo was in it, coming up with complex internal psychology and running it past my puro-mark roommate who would meow approvingly and then claw me until I fed her), and you go and blow my cover as a puro mark with two simple sentences and one parenthetical clause.

Now the newbies are going to stop respecting me because I'm a lowly American wrestling mark like them. :(

Truth be told, I'm actually just an amaresu mark with my feet slightly wet for the Japanese action. I've got around half a gig of Japanese wrestling on this machine, which I watch regularly. It is, however, far and away Junior wrestling in the majority. That's largely counterproductive, since I write more of a mat-wrestling character with some big spots, but it's what I like to watch as far as pro wrestling goes.

All in all, though, I'm a Greco-Roman mark through and through.

Now THERE'S something that people hate. :D

Wow, Tom I'am never going to look at you the same way again. Now point and laugh at Tom everyone :lol:

Seriously, I really wasn't making an assumption on anyones taste in wrestling. But judging from other peoples matches, Ced, Me, and T-bone are the few people here that write Puro characters and puro matches. And for Thor to say that everyone writes Kobashi/Kawada is a HUGE mistake.

Since were on the subject of our taste in wrestling.....I mark for early 90s All Japan Heavyweights and mid to late 80s NWA.

I'am not a big fan of New Japan Juniors in general, but I'am a huge fan of Jushin Lyger, Black Tiger(Eddy), Benoit, Ohtani, and the Dynamite Kid.

I started off trying to write a New Japan Junior style matches but it was too damn hard. So I switched over to All Japan Heavy because of the simpler style and its surprising ease in blending in with the American style Wrestlers. Plus there's always the NWA influence hovering around.

Guest Grand Slam

Silly me... I always marked for a good match. be it two guys from Japan whose names I can't pronounce, a great tag match in HWA that has me out of my seat yelling, a fantastic cruiser match from Hurricane and Kidman, a solid workrate technical match from Benoit/Malenko circa 1996 WCW, or an old-school brawl from Undertaker and Triple H circa WMX7, I mark for great matches.

Maybe that's whay I still love watching wrestling...

Guest Tod deKindes

I don't classify things. Only morons do that.

And I don't judge other people without basis, because that's what people do in Russia.

Guest Rabbi_wilson13

I'm going to have to agree with Grand Slam here. If the match entertains me, I could care less who's fighting or how many moves they know or if they go for 45 minutes or 10.

One of my favorite matches of all time is UT/HHH circa WMXVII that Stevens spoke up. Any puro/amatuer/whatever the hell else fan would scoff at that, but I could care less. It entertained me and that crowd was something special.

I love old-school ECW, but I love watching Jericho and Angle and Rock and Booker and Benoit wrestle. I don't break it down and look for the negatives, I just watch it for what its worth. If that makes me a mark, then damn right. Mark for life.

Guest BigTim2002

OK. YOU GOD DAMN RIGHT IM A PURO MARK! I'm a HUGE fan of somebody telling a story in the shortest time possible. And you know what...Junior Style is far from dead. Just because Super J 94 and 95 ruled doesn't mean that's all that ruled. I'm currently watching the MPro late 96 10-man tags that they put on...and OH MY GOD. Those guys are flying around the ring like I've never seen...and right now...the fact that Vince McMahon is having ALL juniors go to the WWE style is absolutely appaling. WHY change someone's style that they have tried to perfect for so long?

Right now...Vince thinks he knows ALL about the junior style...when it is him who is currently destroying it...

Rey: Vince, I REALLY wanna hit that springboard moonsault to the outside...

Vince: Well, Rey, I really wanna see you hit that spinebuster we've been talking about...

Vince doesn't know SHIT about juniors wrestling...I'm sorry. The same reason some of those guys are so legendary is because of the fact that they were allowed to go big...Vince is not allowing them to go big...and that hurts the product of what it COULD be.

Guest Thoth

I'm learning my puro... thanks to Justin Baisden, who sent me my first tapes. He rules. I am actually a sorta friend of his. Go me.

Sometimes, the matches are good... and sometimes you get a Sasuke Lyger finish circa J-Cup 94. WHICH WAS STILL AN AWESOME MATCH, before you flame me. But then you have the old man match... etc.

But it's good to see other stuff besides the WWE.

Guest AnnieEclectic

I'm just now getting my feet wet in stuff other than WWE or WCW right now. I've been watching ECW and kicking myself for missing out on that boat while it was there. I want to see some Japanese puroresu (you know, uh... giving... uh... props to my... er... peeps?) but I keep not getting any matches or shows. Grarg.

Plus I want to see Kaiju Super Battel. It looks to be right up my alley! (Y)

-Annie