TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BHK

The OAO Raw Is Randy thread for 08.16.04

ONE DAY LATER

Aug. 16, 2004

Monday Night RAW comes to you live from London, Ontario, following the huge SummerSlam spectacular.

Will The Crippler Chris Benoit or the Legend Killer Randy Orton emerge from the main event with the World Heavyweight Championship? Will Triple H have fulfilled his promise by ending Eugene’s wrestling career? Can a battered and beaten Edge find a way to retain the Intercontinental Championship against the animal Batista and former ally Chris Jericho in their Triple Threat Match — and will the winner have anything left for RAW? Will Lita be betrothed to Kane, the father of her child, or sweetheart Matt Hardy?

In addition, we’ll find out if it’s the established RAW Divas or the Diva Search contestants who emerge victorious from a dodgeball challenge.

Only hours after the Toronto pay-per-view, there will be plenty of results to analyze. But if we know General Manager Eric Bischoff, there won’t be much time to relax and recover before RAW’s finest are forced into duty.

Be sure to tune in (9/8 CT, Spike TV) as the 250,000 RAW Diva Search Competition continues on the heels of SummerSlam.

Note: Preview will be changed accoridngly when it is updated.

I can't see them blowing Triple H/Orton this early. If they're saving the match for wrestlemania, Vince HAS to do a slow burn even if he's basically not done one since 1998.

Also, that Edge heel turn will be coming soon, it HAS to. I can't see him being face much longer.

Rhyno/tajiri should continue their chase of the tag titles, to my personal enjoyment, and oh yeah, the Diva Search too.

They should just do Triple H/Orton next month and get it over with. I DON'T want to see that match headlining Mania. Triple H doesn't need to be in the title picture. Just keep him away from it forever. Or send him to SD.

They should just do Triple H/Orton next month and get it over with. I DON'T want to see that match headlining Mania. Triple H doesn't need to be in the title picture. Just keep him away from it forever. Or send him to SD.

What he said.

I hope they eliminate the nutcase Christy... wait a minute... I'm talking and caring about the Diva Search. WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH ME!

:bonk:

And tonight we enter the Orton era....

What slow burn was in 1998?

Once again, if Maria or Joy are eliminated tonight, I'm gonna be pissed.

I was just making the point that the attitude era killed the slow burn.

The last slow burn/good build up I can remember was the first Hart/Austin match at Survivor Series 1996. If I'm wrong anyone can feel free to correct me.

You know you want to watch Olympic Swimming on NBC instead of this right....

Since WWE wants to push all of the "new" talent to the top before they are ready might as well make Robaire Conway the 1st contender for the OVW Heavyweight title.

Guest Loss

The sicko in me kinda wants them to do another slow burn for HHH/Orton, only for HHH to tear his quad three weeks before the match, leaving them without a Wrestlemania main event. That's only because I want to see what would happen.

The sicko in me kinda wants them to do another slow burn for HHH/Orton, only for HHH to tear his quad three weeks before the match, leaving them without a Wrestlemania main event. That's only because I want to see what would happen.

They'd throw Rock in there.

The sicko in me kinda wants them to do another slow burn for HHH/Orton, only for HHH to tear his quad three weeks before the match, leaving them without a Wrestlemania main event. That's only because I want to see what would happen

Wrestlemania IV ;)

Guest thebigjig
I hope they eliminate the nutcase Christy... wait a minute... I'm talking and caring about the Diva Search. WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH ME!

Thats the redhead right??

I dont get the hate for her... she's perky, crazy, and really really sexy! Why would you want a typical, boring, run of the mill diva like the others? I've seen the 'sexy blonde diva' before damnit and now I want a crazy redhead that you KNOW is a blast to hang out with

wait a minute... oh my god... I sound like I actually care...

*slits wrists*

I hope they eliminate the nutcase Christy... wait a minute... I'm talking and caring about the Diva Search.  WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH ME!

Thats the redhead right??

I dont get the hate for her... she's perky, crazy, and really really sexy! Why would you want a typical, boring, run of the mill diva like the others? I've seen the 'sexy blonde diva' before damnit and now I want a crazy redhead that you KNOW is a blast to hang out with

wait a minute... oh my god... I sound like I actually care...

*slits wrists*

Well he took one step ahead than I did.... but I do like redheads. After that post, I realized that Tracey was still in. GET RID OF HER! WHY THE FUCK AM I CARING!

:firing: Me

If they are going to begin the Orton babyface push tonight they must go all the way with it. No WWE politics because he is too young, no more jobbing to HBK. If they are going to do this they must do it correctly or orton will be looked at as nothing more than a mid-carder that held the belt.

Guest Trivia247

Have sorta a slow building resentment HHH has over Orton having the World title, make him start thinking has the Evolution gone past him, is he now the past like Ric Flair and Orton & Batistia the current.

I think the buildup for Rock/Austin @ WM15 was slow burn. Rock won the title at Survivor Series with McMahon screwing Austin in that whole master plan deal. Austin chased Rock for 4 1/2 months (going through Undertaker, Big Show, etc)before finally beating him at Mania 15.

Guest krazykat72

The build up to Austin-Taker in '98 was definately a slwo burn angle culminating at the HIghway to Hell SummerSlam '98

-Paul Jacobi-

i bet they will open with that diva search shit and kill all the heat that Orton has going for him going into tonight,a heel turn by Edge could save the evening as long as its done in a way that can impact the company and set up a feud for Unforgiven.

Jericho should play up Edge getting booed last night, call him out, and get the better of him in a fight, only for Christian to come out and make the save for Edge with a chair shot. Edge can look like he's pissed at his brother, only to get another chair and... CON-CHAIR-TO! E&C are back together.

Jericho should play up Edge getting booed last night, call him out, and get the better of him in a fight, only for Christian to come out and make the save for Edge with a chair shot. Edge can look like he's pissed at his brother, only to get another chair and... CON-CHAIR-TO! E&C are back together.

You know, before, I was against a E&C reunion. But really, as long as they're not a tag team, I wouldn't mind a little stable with E&C, Trish, and Tomko. Especially since Evolution looks to be breaking up soon...

Guest Kageho

A stable that has a "bad ass" E&C in it, might not be a bad idea. It would definitely be better than both men going on their own currently. Well, Christian was doing alright, but I wouldn't mind E&C semi-back together.

I still see Orton/Jericho happening before any Orton face turn, plus it looks like HHH/Eugene may continue as possibly HHH/Flair vs Eugene/Regal. A quicky Orton face turn does no-one any favors.

Plus every heel to face turn has resulted in the character being excruciatingly lame recently, so they really need to build as much of an heel Orton following as possible before the turn.

You know what would get huge ratings............Orton losing the title tonight.

back to Benoit? or to HHH? I think either would be interesting. Triple H still hasn't gotten his job back from Benoit....three times over. I would also support the E&C reunion.

Also, not to signle out anyone in this thread, more the board in general. i'd like to just say that it's spelled definitely thank you.

Guest JoeyStyles

HHH/Orton should be either done at Survivor Series or the Royal Rumble but not at Mania, HHH should be kept out of the world title picture for at least 3 more years. Another thing Orton just got over as a heel so keep him as a heel instead of turning him into a face too fast too soon.

Then Benoit and Jericho will make the save. Edge will not. When quizzed on this, Edge will be upset with Jericho and Benoit for siding with an enemy. Edge will then side with Evo due to the fact his friends betrayed him. Edge will not WANT to be a part of Evolution, but feels it's the only way to get back at Jericho and Benoit, and, eventually, Orton.