TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest CanadianChris

British Open - golf as it should be!

Guest CanadianChris

So Tiger's human after all...he's on course for the worst round of the day (+10 through 13 holes). This is why the Open Championship is my favourite week of golf...it reduces even the best golfers in the world to frustration. And, best of all, ANYONE CAN WIN. Two guys in their mid-to-late forties -- Nick Price and Some Guy (Des Smyth) -- are leading the tournament!

So, three questions at this point...

1) Does anyone else like watching golf in these conditions?

2) What will the leading score be after today? (Looks like the guys who came in early at -2 may be going out last tomorrow.)

3) Who's going to win? (My money's on Sergio right now.)

Guest bdolo

I wish the us open and the masters would get a clue. They want to make the course longer so it makes it harder for tiger, but that just makes it harder for everyone else. the best way to tigerproof a course is to not make it longer. You need to take the driver out of his hand off the tee box, make the fairways narrow, or make them dogleg or place bunkers in fairways so he can't use the driver, that is the best way to make it even.

Guest redbaron51

right now Ernie Els is leading the field at -5, and I hope he wins.

Watch somehow in a miracle, Tiger shoots 59 and wins the bloody thing

Guest The Man in Blak

As riveting as it is to see some new blood on the top of the leaderboard, it was a fairly painful experience to watch the golfers struggle their way through the horrible conditions.

Guest Vern Gagne

Well Woods not winning sucks. The PGA is at Hazeltine this year, and Woods could of been going for history, know who really cares.

Guest redbaron51

Ernie Els wins in a four way playoff at -6 under par.

And believe me that was some of the best golf ever

Guest Hogan Made Wrestling

Great win by Els in an awesome finish to the British Open. Hopefully now he can take the PGA and Tour championships and grab the player of the year title.

Guest The Man in Blak

True, it would have been a great experience to see Woods go on a historic run...but if he had won anymore, he would have gotten quite a backlash (as if he doesn't have one anyway?).

I think he'll have a couple of chances left in him, though, before it's all said and done.