TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Enigma

ECW on Sci-Fi HD -- January 22, 2008

Chavo Guerrero finally earned his chance at an Title Match when nailed Punk with the , and Guerrero beat the ECW Champion to become the No. 1 contender. () Next week, will face Guerrero, who will have Edge in his corner. Will the Superstar be victorious or will the Straightedge Superstar hold on to his gold?

The next will be broadcast in high-definition, and a real treat for the eyes is promised. If you think the ECW Divas look good now, wait until next week when the ECW Best Body Contest will be broadcast in crystal clear, HDTV. Who is the hottest – , or Lena Yada?

WWE.com has also learned that kicking off ECW on Sci Fi will be an Over-the-Top Rope Challenge featuring Superstars from the Land of the Extreme and more. Exactly who will be on-hand and what will shake down in this Royal Rumble preview, just days before the all-important 30-man battle royal to determine the main event of XXIV?

Kofi Kingston, the Jamaican Superstar who has promised to bring trouble to paradise, will finally make landfall on ECW next week. Just what does he have in store for Tuesday nights? ()

Finally, Colin Delaney returned to ECW for the fourth time, where he faced another one of SmackDown's giants, . The Big Red Machine quickly demolished Delaney. Will the youngster have enough guts to revisit the Land of the Extreme for a fifth time?

Find out the answers to all of these questions and more on the next ECW on Sci Fi, broadcast in HDTV, Tuesday at 10/9 CT. Also, be sure to , available from Wednesday to the following Monday afternoon.

Saw Kofi wrestle on Sunday and theres nothing special about him..especially given hes on the same show as Burke and Benjamin.

I think it would be funny this week if Hornswaggle comes out to face Collin and he's all relieved for once and he still gets his ass kicked by the midget.

I love how Marvin keeps saying Kingston shouldn't be on a show with two other non-huge black guys.

Kingston is actually pretty good and could get himself over in short order.

I can't see Chavo going over unless there is a bigger storyline brewing here that will have Punk go after Edge. And even then I think Punk is ECW for the most part and if you took him off for even a stretch to go after Edge on SD! it would really hurt the brand. I mean outside of Punk what is there really reason to tune in? A Delaney squash? Miz and Morrison vs a non-over tag team of the week? Benjamin showcase match?

I think Miz and Morrison need to drop the straps and go solo again. Both have fallen in stature (especially Morrison) since they were teamed.

What ever happened to Jesse and Festus? Is one of the duo injured or are they already yesterdays news?

What ever happened to Jesse and Festus? Is one of the duo injured or are they already yesterdays news?

Maybe WWE realized the "bell" gimmick sucked and they're re-packaging them?

Tonight, C.M. Punk is going to drop the title to Chavo with Edge costing Punk the belt. Later on down the road, Punk will get the ECW title back and probably cost Edge the World title. I like ECW for its simplicity; there's not a lot of glitz, and the core of the show is built on wrestling. That's not to say there isn't room for improvement on the show, my main wish is that they ditch the strippers and replace that segment with more wrestling.

The Miz/Morrison team really baffles me. Here are two guys that were sworn enemies before the Survivor Series and before they won the titles. Now they've become a fluid tag team wrestling machine and seemingly are best of friends. There's never any reference to their past. I'd love to see them drop the titles and go their separate ways, but who would they drop them to? Perhaps Shelton Benjamin and Elijah Burke? Mark Henry and Big Daddy V?

I've enjoyed Shelton Benjamin's domination against lesser opponents. But, I think it's time for him to beat some real competition and prove that he is the gold standard.

ECW has my attention and I'm waiting to see where they go from here.

I'd love Benjamin and Burke to become a tag team and go agter the straps, however with Punk working with Benjamin on the house show circuit, I think they're setting up a Punk vs Benjamin title feud for WM.

I hate how Burke is getting left behind after "bringing" Benjamin ton ECW.

I don't think Punk drops the strap - I think Punk will bring out Mysterio to be his "second" tonight to neutralize Edge. Only reason I could see Edge dropping the title is to set-up in inclusion in the RR. I think we'll see something more along the lines of "You TRIED to screw me out of my title, however since I love competition and am a good guy I'd going to ender the RR and win to come after your title Edge. Did I mention I love competition".

The preview also mentions opening the show with an Over The Top Rope Challenge. It lists no participants but anything other than a BDV victory here would surprise me. Dreamer was also added to the Rumble as per some internet column angle so I wonder if anything will be said on the show about it.

I love how Marvin keeps saying Kingston shouldn't be on a show with two other non-huge black guys.

Don't look now, but Ron Killings ins being brought in and given extreme heat h has with Raw writer Brian Gewirtz he'd very likely heading to SD! or ECW...

Maybe "Kwik Ron Killings" (yes, that's his ring name) can team with Elijah Burke...

The preview also mentions opening the show with an Over The Top Rope Challenge. It lists no participants but anything other than a BDV victory here would surprise me. Dreamer was also added to the Rumble as per some internet column angle so I wonder if anything will be said on the show about it.

Interesting. It didn't say that last night.

Also, I really wish the fucking web site would stop refering to it as the "Land of the Extreme". I thought we were done pretending that this was somehow connected to the original ECW?

Interesting. It didn't say that last night.

Also, I really wish the fucking web site would stop refering to it as the "Land of the Extreme". I thought we were done pretending that this was somehow connected to the original ECW?

Yeah, they pretty much killed that idea off by going to WWE rules for all matches and not having any gimmick matches on the show anymore.

I'd love Benjamin and Burke to become a tag team and go agter the straps, however with Punk working with Benjamin on the house show circuit, I think they're setting up a Punk vs Benjamin title feud for WM.

I don't think Punk drops the strap - I think Punk will bring out Mysterio to be his "second" tonight to neutralize Edge. Only reason I could see Edge dropping the title is to set-up in inclusion in the RR. I think we'll see something more along the lines of "You TRIED to screw me out of my title, however since I love competition and am a good guy I'd going to ender the RR and win to come after your title Edge. Did I mention I love competition".

They need to do something with Benjamin soon. Any of these scenarios would work well.

They need to do something with Benjamin soon. Any of these scenarios would work well.

What do you mean, "do something"? They have been pushing him towards a title chase by squashing people left and right as well as broadcasting his intention to win the world title. It's one of the rare occurancies that Benjamin had a direction in his career.

hes not that big himself..he looks like a Elijah Burke clone sort of.

ECW's new opening package sucks but its in HD!

and there's Kane's flames for his entrance..pretty cool actually

Marvin, you can't read. That's exactly what tek said, Kofi is the same size as the other two.

Hmmm....it sort of takes away that 'downhomey' (not the poster) feel ECW had to it.

Not to mention Morrison didn't get the sweet ass fan blown hair.

So I'm not liking it that much for ECW. Looks la little TOO much like a PPV. Although I guess technically you could say they don't want ECW to look like the shitty brand anyways.

Marvin, you can't read. That's exactly what tek said, Kofi is the same size as the other two.

I read it wrong, I thought the point was he was bigger than those two and thus be able to differentiate himself..thats the problem..