TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mik

TUF VII: Middleweights

Coaches: Rampage Jackson and Forrest Griffin

The entire format is going to be shaken up.

The big news?

TITLE MATCH AT THE END.

I guess Rampage's injury helped get this all together perfectly.

wonder how they're going to revamp the show as Dana's claiming. Good for Forrest, about time a proven TUFer gets a title shot (I don't count Serra since he really was seasoned before that fight...and Kenny just wasn't ready)

Note to Dana - if you're trying to surprise us by withholding the name of the second coach, perhaps you shouldn't call the first one the "#1 contender" and then tell us that the coaches will fight at the end of the show...

I'm not really liking this so far, gotta say. Not that Forrest and Rampage won't make for an entertaining season but unless they plan on seriously stepping up the talent level of the shows it's likely going to be exactly like TUF VI was. A few solid fighters (A Danzig, a George) with fighters who have good jiu-jitsu or wrestling backgrounds but only one or two pro fights and the majority of the cast having no business fighting in the UFC.

And honestly, at a time when 2 (formerly 3) of the UFC's divisions are fucking around with interim title bullshit the last thing they need to be doing is prolong title shots from their real champs. Though I have heard that Rampage's hand won't heal for a while so this is likely a ploy to keep him still active in the fans eyes without having to actually defend the title.

I suppose there's the possibility for Bonnar and Tompkins to be assistant coaches as well. In fact, given that Xtreme Couture is in Vegas, Team Griffin could have a rotating cast of guest coaches drop in.

Well - not mentioned whether it's free or PPV yet. I'd guess PPV.

I maybe over-emphasized because I wanted to see that match and I didn't think it was going to happen.

what confuses me is Rampage and Forrest are Light Heavyweights, yet the guys being trained will be Middleweights?

Here's the twist for this season. Spoilered if you want to be surprised but if you read any of the blogs/websites you're not going to miss this one.

According to a source close to the show, “The Ultimate Fighter 7” will start with 32 cast members — not the usual 16 — and every one of them will have to fight as soon as the show begins. The 16 winners earn a spot in the house, and the 16 losers are sent packing for home.

This makes me hate MMAJunkie even more for breaking the names of all the cast members as

We know who will win the prelim fights to actually make it in the house

You can't say that yet...

It's possible the fighters they listed lost in the prelims

The season starts April 2nd...

So with the spoilers being revealed I have a question

Are we to assume then that the first episode or two or three is going to be fight after fight after fight etc.....or do you think they will give us a crash-tv style of all the fights with some of the better highlights and then cut to the winners being picked for their respective teams? I mean it would really fucking suck to win a fight and earn the right to stay, but come away from the fight with an injury or something and then have to be sent home anyway

Apparently the coaches didn't get along too well. I'm looking forward to this.

The pairing of Griffin and Jackson makes you think there will be a lot of comedy, given the duo’s vibrant personalities. And according to UFC president Dana White, some does exist. But White said one of the episodes saw the problems between the two get so heated that it nearly turned into a coaches’ fight. Similar confrontations in Season 3 with Ken Shamrock and Tito Ortiz in 2006 led to two matches, which took the popularity of the sport to a new level.

All 32 names are out there now, as well.

I'm not getting involved with any pre hype. Dana tells us every year how it's "the craziest season ever."

And what I don't get is why do they take guys with losing records on this show? Seriously, if the guy can't cut .500 outside of the UFC what chance do they have in the octagon.

Two fighters that instantly stand out to me:

- Jeremiah Riggs for his awesome accent and my secret hope that he's related to Joe and that he's just like Joe in the "I'll knock him out in five seconds!" boasting then get destroyed. But I want him to keep going.

- Prince McLean for his neat name and hilariously confusing religious tattoos. Star of David and a cross on his chest is a great combo. He just needs a crescent moon with star on his stomach, then maybe Ganesha on his back.