TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Brush with Greatness

UFC Fight Night - Florian v. Lauzon

While it may be two months away yet, I haven't seen any posts on it, and with card announced, I figured it was time we start giving it some love.

MAIN CARD

Kenny "KenFlo" Florian vs. Joe "J-Lau" Lauzon

Thiago "Pit Bull" Alves vs. Karo "The Heat" Parisyan

Matt "The Hammer" Hamill" vs. Tim "The Barbarian" Boetsch

Nate Diaz vs. Kurt "Batman" Pellegrino

James "The Sandman" Irvin vs. Houston "The Assassin" Alexander

Gray "The Bully" Maynard vs. Frankie "The Answer" Edgar (swing bout)

PRELIMINARY CARD

Marcus "Maximus" Aurelio vs. Spencer "The King" Fisher

Josh "The Dentist" Neer vs. Din Thomas

Manvel "The Pitbull" Gamburyan vs. Jeff Cox

Samy Schiavo vs. Clay "The Carpenter" Guida

Roman "The Emperor" Mitichyan vs. George Sotiropoulos

Anthony "Rumble" Johnson vs. Tommy "The Farmboy" Speer

I'm sad that Spencer Fisher has been doing so shitty lately. I like him.

He lost to Franca by KO, he beat Stout at Stouts own game, and he lost to desicion against a future LW champion who's style is all wrong for Fisher.

He hasn't been doing that shitty, lets not go overboard. Fisher wasn't that great to begin with, he will never be a #1 contender... He's a great gatekeeper, and the perfect fighter to test your skills against to see if you're an elite LW.

The card looks pretty sick, but DAMN are those some faggy ass nicknames. It's like they couldn't decide on something cool, but they really, really wanted a nickname and just picked anything. The Dentist? The Farmboy? Give me a break.

The actual main card....

Lauzon/Florian

Hammil/Bonnar

Alves/Karo

Irvin/Alexander

With those four being shown and Gray Maynard vs Frankie Edgar being the most likely fight after that to be shown I'm doubting we see Guida especially given Clay's penchant for taking fights to decision.

The actual main card....

Lauzon/Florian

Hammil/Bonnar

Alves/Karo

Irvin/Alexander

With those four being shown and Gray Maynard vs Frankie Edgar being the most likely fight after that to be shown I'm doubting we see Guida especially given Clay's penchant for taking fights to decision.

Why the fuck is UFC always so behind things on their website?

EDIT: Are the Johnson vs. Speer and Neer vs. Thomas fights now off?

Why would they be? You do know there is such fights as prelim fights right?

Really? Thanks, tips.

Notice how I didn't ask if the Marcus Aurelio vs. Spencer Fisher or Sami Schiavo vs. Clay Guida fights were off, despite them also being prelims?

While the UFC site still has them listed, while early articles on Five Ounces of Pain had them listed, I hadn't seen anything recently and was wondering if they were confirmed.

But thanks for enlightening me about preliminary fights (despite me listing the preliminary card on my original post).

Here I was thinking that Emerson v. Nakamura and Lytle v. Bradley were the main and semi-main for UFC 81. It turns out that they were actually taped before (OMG?!) and were just prelim (OMG?!) fights. Wow !!!!!

Thanks again.

Win or lose Clay always fights at 100% I like seeing his fights go to decision, that's 15 exciting minutes

Yeah, there's no question about that. The issue is that there's no way that they squeeze in a Guida fight (even one with a stoppage) into a 2 hour show with what's already on the main card. And that of course is with the assumption that Alexander/Irvin doesn't last 5 minutes.

Really? Thanks, tips.

Notice how I didn't ask if the Marcus Aurelio vs. Spencer Fisher or Sami Schiavo vs. Clay Guida fights were off, despite them also being prelims?

While the UFC site still has them listed, while early articles on Five Ounces of Pain had them listed, I hadn't seen anything recently and was wondering if they were confirmed.

But thanks for enlightening me about preliminary fights (despite me listing the preliminary card on my original post).

Here I was thinking that Emerson v. Nakamura and Lytle v. Bradley were the main and semi-main for UFC 81. It turns out that they were actually taped before (OMG?!) and were just prelim (OMG?!) fights. Wow !!!!!

Thanks again.

Has there been any reports of those fights being off the card? No... So shut the fuck up, little bitch.

Has there been any reports of those fights being off the card? No... So shut the fuck up, little bitch.

You sure like to live the gimmick, eh?

You are undoubtedly the toughest guy on the internet and the way that you attempt to belittle me and curse me out sends a chill of fear throughout my body, so I certainly don't want to mess with you.

Anyways, I'm sorry Simon. I saw the way that you decapitated that cop. You so loco. I really hope that you don't jump through the computer screen with a machete.

Once again, sorry.

One other thing I've always wanted to know though... how did you get your hat to stay on your head like that without it falling off?

You sure like to live the gimmick, eh?

You are undoubtedly the toughest guy on the internet and the way that you attempt to belittle me and curse me out sends a chill of fear throughout my body, so I certainly don't want to mess with you.

Anyways, I'm sorry Simon. I saw the way that you decapitated that cop. You so loco. I really hope that you don't jump through the computer screen with a machete.

Once again, sorry.

One other thing I've always wanted to know though... how did you get your hat to stay on your head like that without it falling off?

Easy man, you could get Peter Shabetta'd

Don't worry about Carlito, he's just stressed because despite his past claims of being a ballin' player and not having a problem paying for UFC shows he somehow cannot afford to join the UFC Fight Club to get tickets for Montreal.

Have fun sitting with the peasents, holmes.

Don't worry about Carlito, he's just stressed because despite his past claims of being a ballin' player and not having a problem paying for UFC shows he somehow cannot afford to join the UFC Fight Club to get tickets for Montreal.

Have fun sitting with the peasents, holmes.

You're half right... I am stressed, but it has nothing to do with getting tickets for UFC 83 (because everything has worked out, I'm getting tickets Friday or even sooner).

But I figured at the time I didn't need the Fight Club to get my tickets. But enough about me... Talk about the card, faggots.

Will do cocksucker.

In what has to be a first for Spike events Dana has stated that if fans want this event to be three hours then we should e-mail SpikeTV and tell them so as all they've offered to UFC is a 2-hour block.

Haven't seen this on any reputable sites yet but there's word going around that Bonnar is out of the Hamill fight with torn ligaments. My nomination for his replacement? One word, one warrior:

BOETSCH