TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mole

Batista...

Guest Mole

Somethings on this board really boggle my mind. People always complain how young talent isn't being pushed, and that only older folk are on the top. I've read Raw isn't as good as Smackdown because Smackdown is pushing the younger talent and isn't filled with Triple-Juice.

So when Raw starts pushing someone new, people start bitching. What is wrong with Batista? Just because he is a hoss people have a problem with him? If you ask me, he has great potential as a wrestler. The man brings TONS of charisma into the ring. You can hear him scream like nothing when he is in the ring, and has that extra thing that most wrestlers don't have in the ring.

Granted, his moveset isn't all that great, but we haven't seen him wrestle a long match yet. That is because they are trying to get him over as a monster heel, so him just beating the shit and squashing people is the way to do it. Not the way he beat Kane, that was just retarted. But that is a different rant.

So my question is, what is your beef with him? If you don't have beef with him, do you like him? Do you think he can help Raw? Is he another 'next big thing'?

Guest Anglesault
So when Raw starts pushing someone new, people start bitching.

When we say "someone new" it's implied that it means "someone who doesn't suck and/or kill other people with clotheslines" PUSH FUCKING RICO.

Guest Eagan469

He's getting the Goldberg push, and we just went through it with Brock, so it's hardly anything new.

ANYONE with a physique and body tattoos could be stuck with his gimmick right now.

So goes the WWE recycling bin...

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I for one would like to see WWE push one of the people who the crowd already reacts to instead of force pushing someone else again.

Guest HartFan86
I for one would like to see WWE push one of the people who the crowd already reacts to instead of force pushing someone else again.

PUSH FUCKING RICO.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Crowd reacts to Rico far more than the fat samoans and whoever they are facing.

Guest Mole
He's getting the Goldberg push, and we just went through it with Brock, so it's hardly anything new.

ANYONE with a physique and body tattoos could be stuck with his gimmick right now.  

So goes the WWE recycling bin...

Well, the Goldberg push did get Goldberg to be over as fuck and the one man who could of saved WCW, if it wasn't for Lazy-Nash.

Besides, Brock was shoved down our throats and he is WAY over now. I mean, I see what you are saying, but aren't you willing to give Batista a chance first?

And yes, Rico should be pushed.

Guest Eagan469

Rico: Vince, can I take off my mullet chops now?

Vince: Is your name Hunter?

Rico: No

Vince: Put on this afro

Guest TheArchiteck

I'll love to see Rico reaction if someone wore his suit. It was funny enough when C&C was looking at it on Raw.

I say bring in Kiwi(sp?) and have him fued with Rico. Although I feel Rico is a hell of alot more entertaining.

Guest the pinjockey

Two Goldberg pushes at once would be way too much. First of all you would have to feed pretty much everyone in the company to one or the other, plus once the second one starts you know what is coming so you can ignore the next five months.

And Rico rules.

Guest The Amazing Rando

Batista lacks charisma....seriously...

you can argue that Brock is "way over" with barely any charisma....but shit..even *I* would be over if I was facing Heyman and the Big Job...

Guest buffybeast

I would have to concur with that statement. Charisma is not screaming at the top of your longs and beating your chest.

I can't speak on Batista's moveset as we have not seen him work long matches. Plus I suspect the WWE management is limiting what he does in the ring. I read good things about him while he wrestled in Ohio as Leviathan so I think the talent is there.

Guest Mole

Oh, he does? Then what is it brings to the ring with him? Tattoos and juice?

Guest the pinjockey

Yes, that bad ass sun tattoo around his bellybutton just oozes tons of machismo.

Guest Mulatto Heat
Granted, his moveset isn't all that great, but we haven't seen him wrestle a long match yet. That is because they are trying to get him over as a monster heel, so him just beating the shit and squashing people is the way to do it. Not the way he beat Kane, that was just retarted.

Expect many more tainted victories such as that one in the near future. The only people Batista has squashed were Heat jobbers who have no effect on what goes on at RAW.

Plus, we already saw a similar push with Brock earlier this year. They won't even *wait* a decent amount of time before ripping off their own stuff.

Guest razazteca

PUSH Shelton Benjamin

why is Bautista on Raw squashing midcard wrestlers when he could be squashing jobbers on Heat.

Guest The Amazing Rando
Yes, that bad ass sun tattoo around his bellybutton just oozes tons of machismo.

so he needs pink tights and gold chains??? and to be friends with Hunter...

Guest Eagan469

well, if he wanted to be like Razor he was halfway there:

BATISTA.jpg

Guest Mole

Damn, no one like Batista. I guess I'm the only one. Oh well, it's better to be different then the same as everyone else.

Guest Mulatto Heat

I thought you would have at least tried to rebut with your point of view. I was wondering what you would say about my take on his "beating the shit and squashing people" monster heel gimmick that lasted all of two matches.

Guest the pinjockey

Just a couple of other notes

I think he is more of a stud than a hoss, and Albert screams when he is in the ring does that mean he has charisma.

Guest The Amazing Rando

I think Rico would be the SHIT in a "Tommy Vercetti" type gimmick...with 80s clothes and some kick ass Miami Vice theme music... bullying people around and just being a dick...

...he'd be a huge fan favorite after awhile...

Guest the pinjockey

That would SO rule.

Especially if he gets to change into a dark red jumpsuit when he wants to.

Guest EricMM

The net screams for new talent (as do WWE fans in general) and so they push "new" talent. But the new talent is just like the old talent, with less moves, less mic time, less charisma, and more muscles.

And they push 3-4 of these people all at once.

But they're as interchangable as can be. At least there was a difference between Rock, SCSA, Austin, Taker and all the people in WWE five years ago. The future is look very bland.

I believe this is because Vince does not believe work rate is integral to the storytelling process. As long as people can go out and do a fireman's carry, they can be in lots of backstage skits and ride pickup trucks down to the ring. Bah gawd.