TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lei Tong

Announcements from UFC 56

- Frank Mir vs. Andrei Arlovski for early 2006.

- Tito Ortiz & Ken Shamrock as TUF season 3 coaches.

- BJ PENN IS BACK!!! BOW DOWN MOTHERFUCKERS!!!

Guest Brian

Don't forget Karo. And Sanchez. Throwing Penn into the mix really makes things weird, as I thought they could do Hughes/St. Pierre and Parysian/Sanchez for the contendership. And now Penn/Hughes and St. Pierre/Hughes are both no-brainers, but Hughes could more than likely lose either match and the title needs to be on the line for both.

I wouldn't say that beating Diaz should put Sanchez in line for a title shot yet. The talent in that division is pretty damn deep. I'd like to see him beat a top name before being considered for a title shot.

And damn...am I looking forward to TUF3 now.

Penn should fight a top guy like Karo or Diego before getting his rematch, if not for the fact that GSP has been running a train on the WW division but if they were to bring Penn back against Hughes right off the bat and he loses it would hurt the company and Penn.

I actually have some respect for Shamrock, which makes me a pariah in MMA fan circles. I think he will make an excellent coach and trainer...in fact that is what he should be concentrating on at this point in his career.

Guest J-Man

Since Karo was already given a shot, they can't really take it away, and since Hughes vs. either Penn/St. Pierre is really hyped, and both deserve the shot, I say they go with Hughes vs. Karo for the title and Penn vs. Rush for the next contender. Penn shouldn't just be given the shot right away, even if he has claim to the title.

I really don't see Hughes loosing to Karo, and that way, we get to see Hughes versus the truly deserving challenger in a great rematch (both cases).

Plus, if Hughes looses that next champonship fight against whoever won in Penn/Rush, the loser of Penn/Rush can face Hughes in his first championshipless fight in a still very exciting rematch, plus one that both competitors will need to remain in contention for the title.

As for TUF, I'm excited with the new coaches. I just hope one of the divisions aren't as boring as the heavyweights were last round. People say TUF1 had more in house drama, but I really don't care much about that (I do enjoy it to a certain extent), what I really care for is the fights. If both divisions fight like the WW division on TUF2, that would be great! Every fight was exciting to me in a way.

And, even if its unlikely, I want Ken to beat Tito. Then retire (after he rematches Sakuraba and beats him too, as that fight WAS stopped way to prematurely).

Fuck Penn vs St. Pierre. I want to see that fight but not in this situation. They're both equally deserving of a rematch in my eyes. Sure, Penn has a victory over Hughes while GSP lost fairly squarely but St. Pierre has earned his way back into the title picture. Penn got let go because, as far as I know, he fucked up and violated the terms of his contract. I'm not sure that his reward should be a title shot right off the bat.

Either way, here's how it should be done:

Hughes vs Penn- GSP fights winner

Hughes vs GSP- Penn fight winner.

Sorry Karo.

I don't think Shamrock/Ortiz will be a great or even good fight, but both will probrably make this a memorable TUF season because they have real animosity towards each other and both know how to get over as TV stars.