TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Dames

Do You Wish To Write for TSM?

TheSmartMarks.com is in need of new writers for various weekly positions.

WWE Raw

WWE Sunday Night Heat

WWE Velocity

NWA:TNA Xplosion

If and ONLY IF you are willing to make a commitment to produce quality write ups or reviews on these shows in a timely manner every week, please send me a sample write up of one of these shows to [email protected]. I do NOT accept attachments, so please make sure to cut and paste the article into an e-mail. Knowing HTML is a plus, but it is not necessary.

Every article that qualifies for consideration will be checked for plagarism, so beware.

I expect to receive many submissions, so if I do not respond back to you, don't be offended.

What I am looking for most of all is originality, knowledge of the product, personality, proper spelling & grammar and most of all...a commitment. We all know that these shows haven't been lighting up the wrestling world, but we need someone who will stay focused and pump out quality stuff weekly.

Good luck.

Dames

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Dames, you realize you're asking people to watch the WWE every single week, right? You should offer 'em money or sex or something..or else pray for a masochist to take on an albatross like recapping Heat.

I'd say sex.

I'd write a sample, but I don't have the time to watch any of those programs every week. Actually, I don't really want to watch any of them every week.

Which is sad because I would never miss Raw just last year.

Guest The Real Nosferatu

Dare I give up MLW every monday to pay attention to RAW...nah.

::Waits for Anglesault to hold out for money to do each show::

AS: I demand $10,000 a month brother, or I'll get Shane McMahon to kill your heat!!

Err Dames...I'm interested in Velocity recapping, but when would be the deadlines for each week?

I'm asking because we don't get Velocity over here in Britian until Sunday night, and with school and shit, the earliest I'd be able to get that done would be Monday night/evening.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

To be fair, I can't really think of too many people who'd be interested in reading Velocity recaps, unless they just like reading wrestling stuff, regardless of what it is. Anyone disagree?

To be fair, I can't really think of too many people who'd be interested in reading Velocity recaps, unless they just like reading wrestling stuff, regardless of what it is. Anyone disagree?

Me. Velocity's a cool show...you get the best parts of Smackdown, Tazz making fun of Josh Matthews, Ultimo Dragon, some of the cruiserweights who don't get on Smackdown. Last week they had Rey vs Nunzio and Shannon vs Noble. That's two more quality matches than Raw usually has.

It's a decent enough show, and if I did it, I'd probably not just write about Velocity...like add in my thoughts on news stuff that's going on beforehand. I'm not expecting everyone who watches wrestling to read it, but seeing as I watch Velocity every week, I might as well write a recap for it...

I remember when "Crucifixio Jones" and I used to alternate on doing the Velocity recaps. We tried to make the whole recap thing interesting, since it was a B-show with few viewers, and probably equally few readers of a recap.

To anyone who's applying for these positions: your submissions go to Dames, but you have to pass my muster, too. Try to be entertaining, don't copy anyone's style, don't write like a simian, and we should get along marvelously.

The deadlines would be as follows.

Velocity, Sunday Night Heat and Xplosion would have to be up by Monday Night.

Raw must be up by Tuesday night.

My apolgoies...those are the times I'd like the articles up on the site once their aired. In terms of submitting samples, you can submit all you like until I say otherwise.

Dames

Guest TSMAdmin

I would just like to interrupt this thread and say that Tom has the best avatar ever!

Guest The Real Nosferatu
I would just like to interrupt this thread and say that Tom has the best avatar ever!

I second that.

I second that.

Can I third that and ask the question of:

"Is there more avi to that avatar?"

Hm.. Recapping Raw might be fun.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

I had no idea more than 2 people watched velocity. Color me surprised.

Guest Suicide King

Wow... hmm. I'd thought about writing for a wrestling site before, but I was always afraid that my opinions would be unpopular to the point that I would be lynched. Can you offer me a spiked leather collar for some protection?

Edited by Suicide King

To all the people who said they would read a Velocity recap...where were you when I actually had the time to write one? I asked for feedback a couple of times and got zilch.

People get way too discouraged by the lack of feedback. Around 3000 - 4500 people read my TNA reports every week (if you add in all of the other sites I write for). I get anywhere from 0-10 e-mails a week. That's it.

Dames

I still haven't received one piece of e-mail about SmackDown.

Which makes it easier to pick the E-Mail of the Week, so no worries there! :D

I get feedback, but maybe 5% is actually worth a damn.

I was going to save it for this week's recap, but here's an e-mail I got regarding Jackie's segment. This is un-edited:

Yo Dude, Why You Calling Jackie Ugly In The WWE Confidental Thingy??? Is It

A Rush Limbaugh Charge Just Cus She's Black???? If It Is, That Ani't Right

Dawg.

"Big Pimp" Mathew R.

I'm sorry, this was just too funny the first time I read that.

I get feedback, but maybe 5% is actually worth a damn.

I was going to save it for this week's recap, but here's an e-mail I got regarding Jackie's segment. This is un-edited:

Yo Dude, Why You Calling Jackie Ugly In The WWE Confidental Thingy??? Is It

A Rush Limbaugh Charge Just Cus She's Black???? If It Is, That Ani't Right

Dawg.

"Big Pimp" Mathew R.

I'm sorry, this was just too funny the first time I read that.

Did you respond with, "It's not because she's black, it's because I actually take a minute to look at her face"? :lol:

Fuck, I've always wanted to write for the site but now's just not the week for me...

I'll wait 'til the next go around.

Same here, I really wanted to cover last night's RAW (hahaha, imagine that), but the Red Sox game was getting my full attention and I couldn't tape RAW at the same time

Hopefully I can get next week's, if it isn't too late