TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Mandarin

Most Quotable Movies?

Don't tell me what the best quotes from a movie are. I want the ones that you actually use. So erase those R. Lee Ermey answers now.

If you didn't, then you must offend a great deal of people. BTW, it can be just one line.

Anyways, I must have said "My love is real, but I am not" millions of times (not really), but I'd go with Fargo on account of it's easy to speak in the accent, yah.

Honorable mentions to anything Dustin Hoffman said from Rain Man.

Well, it's those or Mabel's Busy Day.

My friends quote the Big Lebowski all the time, but I haven't seen it enough to do so.

Dazed and Confused is quoted a lot by me.

Guest Phenom

I quote Airplane! a lot.

And the first person to say MP&THG will be shot.

I quote Reservoir Dogs quite a bit, mainly the "Are you going to bark all day, little doggy...or are you gonna bite?" line.

Other than that...my girlfriend and I quote Saved! quite a bit. Our favorite is whenever one of us says "I gotta go", the other says "All right...call me later, k!" in an sarcastically perky voice. Yeah.

Bill and Teds Excellent Adventure

Evil Duke: Put them in the iron maiden.

Ted: Iron Maiden?

Bill;Reeves, Keanu: Excellent!

[air guitar]

Done that with people so many times at uni.

Guest Reservoir_Kitty

With my group of friends... we quote every movie we've ever seen. Good ones that we always fall back on are Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs, Fight Club, and Snatch. Those come up the most, I'd have to say. We can sit around for hours talking in nothing but movie/TV show quotes.

Hahaha, fuckmook.

Neato sig pic, Yuna. ^_^

*runs away from the pitchforks and flames of the angry boy mob*

Guest Wildbomb 4:20

Me and my friends are known to quote The Boondock Saints quite a bit...but otherwise, not too much.

--Ryan

My friends and I use "Now go get your fucking shinebox." sometimes. Like if someone forgets something in his car or something.

Kindergarten Cop, Terminator 2, Wayne's World, various Troma films, Commando, Kevin Smith's films, Freddy vs. Jason (specifically the "NOT MY ARMS!" line), and the Evil Dead Trilogy get quoted the most amongst me and my friends.

Guest TheLastBoyscout
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid for me.

Too bad no one gets it in my group of friends.

Well, shit, the fall'll probably kill you.

;)

Oh and I constantly quote Bogart or Eastwood.

I answer my phone like Barry Egan does in Punch-Drunk Love.

Yes!

My girlfriend didn't like the movie, so I always do the "i'm gonna smash your face. You're so pretty." line to her...

also...

"PUDDING!" when I go shopping and "I would say that's that, mattress man" after getting my way in a fight, or if i don't i walk away and then come back a few minutes later and say "You know...at that restaurant...I beat up the bathroom. I'm sorry."

Off the top of my head though, I can't remember how he answered his phone.

It's a lot....

Boondock Saints...mostly Dafoe quotes though, I find...

American Splendor....exquisite...

Family Guy...

Simpsons...

Slapshot

Reservior Dogs...

the list goes on.....but uh...

for a few seconds, this place was armageddon....AWWW...THERE WAS A FIREFIGHT~!

Hahaha, fuckmook.

Neato sig pic, Yuna. ^_^

*runs away from the pitchforks and flames of the angry boy mob*

Indeed, 'fuckmook' is beautiful. As I said in my latest picspam!commentary...

'I can't see, fuckmook, I have no eyes.'

I love that! So much anger, frustration, and a dash of snark all within one sentence. And 'fuckmook'? Best.snarky.word.ever. Can't say I use it on a daily basis, but I totally use it when I get really frustrated and/or aggravated.

And thanks for the compliment of my sig. Thebanband makes the most *beautiful* and romantic Sparrington art...I couldn't resist posting one. Plus, Norrington just needs to take off that damned wig. And who better to do it than a rogue pirate?

I've adopted Matthew McCounehy's (sp?) "alright alright alright" that he seems to do in every movie he's in complete with the stoned southerner accent for some weird reason...

The movies that my friends & I quote most often are Revenge of the Nerds ("you got your asses kicked by a bunch of goddamn nerds. NERDS!" and "the entire speech that Goodman does in the locker room to inspire the Alpha Betas to destroy the tri-Lams house), Slapshot (particularly the "old time hockey" speech & "putting on the foil") and Strange Brew ("the power of the force stopped you nobs").

And let me echo Lushus' "allright allright allright" ... I use that one so often it's kind of embarrassing.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Dr. Gonzo's "Goddamn what a bummer," "what are we doing out on this godforsaken road??" and "MEDICINE!!!!"