TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Doomsault

Favorite G.I. Joes

Guest Doomsault

It doesn't matter what side you were on when you were a kid, the Joes or the Cobras, if you watched the show or read the comics you had your favorite characters. What were they?

1. Snake Eyes

2. Storm Shadow

3. Zartan

4. Firefly

5. Night Creeper

6. Destro

7. Mercer

8. Sgt. Slaughter

9. Gung Ho

10. Bazooka

11. Road Block

12. Tunnel Rat

13. Nemesis Enforcer

14. Sci-fi

15. Beach Head

16. Flint

17. Crimson Guard Commander

18. Toxo Zombie

19. Heat Viper

20. Alley Viper

Guest El Satanico

It was either Snake Eyes or Storm Shadow.

They were the two ninja guys but i can't remember which one i liked.

I also liked Destro alot...that damn Cobra Commander was always holding Destro down.

Guest Youth N Asia

Didn't Road Block look like Ronnie Garvin?

I marked for Storm Shadow, Snake Eyes, and Ship Wreck.

Storm Shadow was the one in white...Snake Eyes was in green

Hated Duke though

Guest El Satanico

Road Block was the big muscular guy with white flat top that had a red line in it right?

Guest Doomsault

Snake Eyes wore black and always had a mask and Road Block was the bald, buff black guy that raps when he talks. You were probably thinking of Road Pig.

Guest Black Lushus

any of you read the comics? now that was good shit...their was a period of time closer to the end of the series when they fought a war over in the Middle East and quite a few Joes actually got killed off, including Quick Kick! associating death with GI Joe was always a weird thing for me as a kid...

anyway, my favs were Road Block, Quick Kick, Cobra Commander with the hood, Destro, ummm im sure there are others, can't think right now...

Guest Kahran Ramsus

Cobra Commander, definitely. Of the good guys, Flint.

I hated Duke, and was overjoyed when Serpentor killed him in the movie.

Guest Black Lushus
Cobra Commander, definitely. Of the good guys, Flint.

I hated Duke, and was overjoyed when Serpentor killed him in the movie.

bah, i always thought Flint was a glory hound, main reason why i hated the second season...i didn't like Lady Jay either, give me Scarlet or Cover Girl anyday!

Guest Doomsault
any of you read the comics? now that was good shit...their was a period of time closer to the end of the series when they fought a war over in the Middle East and quite a few Joes actually got killed off, including Quick Kick! associating death with GI Joe was always a weird thing for me as a kid...

Hell yeah I read the comics, I might have even had the issue you're talking about, it was called something like, "Cobra Raids the Pit" or something like that, on the cover it had Saw Viper with a big machine gun I think.

my favorite issue was one of the newer ones where Snake Eyes took on a bunch of Night Creepers and Firefly, the artist on that ish was great.

Guest Black Lushus

yeah, that Saw Viper killed off like 7 or 8 of them, I think Breaker and Doc were part of the group he killed also...i had one issue where one of the Joes, can't think of his name, got shot and Dusty, who was his best buddy, carried him on his back for miles only to have Stretcher (one of the medics) tell him that his friend had been dead for hours at that point...kinda sad...i think the entire Techno Team 2000 got wiped out at once during this battle as well...kinda like the original Transformers US Marvel comics, they would just kill off anyone at will...

oh yeah Dusty was cool too, same with Shipwreck, now that I think about it...

Guest C.H.U.D.

My all time favourite was Wild Weasel, who was the pilot for the Rattler a.k.a. Tank Smasher.

I also liked Big Boa the Cobra boxer.

Guest mach7

Cobra Commander for sure. Serpentor had some pretty cool lines, but was pretty much a puppet. Destro kicked all kinds of ass. I also loved the two ninjas/assassins Storm Shadow & Firefly. Damn, Cobra had the coolest weapons, the coolest costumes, the coolest everything. I'm surprised the writers never let them win in the end! LOL

Guest mach7

OH, btw, does anyone remember the TUBEWORMS?! Christ, I stayed out of any body of water that wasn't a bathtub for a long long time after I saw that episode!

Guest Spaceman Spiff

Best episode was "The Viper", with that awesome twist at the end.

Guest Zack Malibu

Anyone remember the special where the Joes and Cobras formed a truce to go after a drug dealer or something?

As for favorite characters, my picks are Snake Eyes, Quick Kick, and Storm Shadow are my top 3. I had just started taking karate in 1985, and was well on my way to being the martial arts buff that I am now, so I always marked out for these three.

Guest mach7
Best episode was "The Viper", with that awesome twist at the end.

Ahh, "the Viper!" That episode was great! The Joes got so paranoid during that one.

Guest Vyce

For the Joes, Snake Eyes fucking OWNED. Flint & Shipwreck were faves too.

As for the bad guys, Cobra Commander / Destro were always fun, everyone loves a good evil ninja in Storm Shadow, and the Crimson Guard twins were good too.

Oh, and who doesn't love the Dreadnoks?

Guest Nevermortal
Anyone remember the special where the Joes and Cobras formed a truce to go after a drug dealer or something?

Yeah, Headman & The Headhunters.

They were sweet. headman had poison tipped boots.

Guest lomasmoney

Does about know if the episodes that come on Cartoon Network are in some type of DVD box set because they fuckin rule

Guest El Satanico

There aren't any GI Joe DVDs that i know of. They MAY have a DVD of the movie but i know there aren't any episodes on DVD.

Guest Intimacy Goblin

Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow were probably the best, but right up there with them is Flint, Sgt. Slaughter, Destro, Colabulous, Nemisis Enforcer, and Beachhead was pretty badass too.

Guest Prototype450

Flint is better than Duke. DUke would yell at his brohter (poor Falcon) for screwing up just once. OH well.

Snake Eyes kicks all the other JOES asses. (HE Really does I'm not jumping on everyones bandwagon)

As for COBRA i would go with Zartan( The gay Demolition member) The twins who could feel each others pain, and Cobra Comander.

Guest danielisthor

favorite joes - Snake-Eyes, Gung Ho, RoadBlock, Stalker, Scarlett, Flint and Lady Jaye (in the comic her boobs got really big all of a sudden),

favorite cobras - Destro (if only he was running Cobra, they would of won) Zartan, Storm Shadow, the Baroness and Firefly.

Guest Nevermortal

OMG....Zartan ruled.

How about the Ninja Force? That set ruled, especially the greatness that is Slice & Dice, the coolest ninjas ever...and your lord and mine, T'Jabang, the yellow ninja.

Guest The Man in Blak
OH, btw, does anyone remember the TUBEWORMS?! Christ, I stayed out of any body of water that wasn't a bathtub for a long long time after I saw that episode!

Eeeeeeeek. Yeah, I remember that one - those crazy things freaked me out as a little kid.

As far as my favorite G.I.Joes, the obvious picks are SNAKE-EYES and ROAD BLOCK, just for the ass-kicking quotient and the lyrical genius, respectively. Honorable mention goes to ROCK 'N ROLL, for carrying around those gigantic double gatling guns all the time.

My favorite Cobra guy was FIREFLY, hands down. He was a conniving, tactical, devilish bitch of a saboteur, and his involvement in the comic book storyline arc makes him one of the biggest bad guys in G.I.Joe history. After that, my favorite generic bad guys were always the NIGHT-VIPER and SAW-VIPER, mainly because of the kickass uniform and the massive gun that the Saw-Viper carried around. And yeah, one particular Saw-Viper mowed down a bunch of Joes in the comics.

And would I be insane if I said that the comic books were easily twice as good as the cartoons (which were amazing in their own right)?

Guest Vyce
My favorite Cobra guy was FIREFLY, hands down. He was a conniving, tactical, devilish bitch of a saboteur, and his involvement in the comic book storyline arc makes him one of the biggest bad guys in G.I.Joe history. After that, my favorite generic bad guys were always the NIGHT-VIPER and SAW-VIPER, mainly because of the kickass uniform and the massive gun that the Saw-Viper carried around. And yeah, one particular Saw-Viper mowed down a bunch of Joes in the comics.

And would I be insane if I said that the comic books were easily twice as good as the cartoons (which were amazing in their own right)?

The comic books WERE better than the toons. And at least they had honest-to-goodness death there too. I'm hoping that the SAW Viper returns to the new comic book; that was an excellent way to take a fairly generic Cobra shock trooper and convert him into one big psychopathic menace.

Fireflay always kicked ass.

And I'd like to profess my fondness for Road Pig. THE baddest fucking Dreadnok in the whole bunch.