TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest xSarahx

Interesting Note

Guest xSarahx
By the way, with Batista dropping the World Heavyweight Championship, Batista holds the record for having it 282 days by 2 days, as Hunter's reign was 280 days (winning it in December of 2002 against HBK, dropping it in September of 2003 to Goldberg). When it comes to that big gold belt, Hunter has held it 616 days or 50% of the time since its inception in 2002. Compare that to Jeff Jarrett who's held the NWA title 849 days or 65% of the time since the birth of TNA.

--January 2006 issue of Wrestling Chatterbox newsletter

Guest Dr Stupid

When can we see the HHH v JJ match, stipulation - loser has to put someone over

Sure Triple H sucks, but Jarrett's not even in his league. Double J has no business as the top guy in any wrestling company.

...And what's the Chatterbox newsletter? Certainly sounds like Meltzer has some competition. :bonk:

It would end up with both of them staring at each other for 60 minutes until it ends in a draw. That way they're both protected.

I'm not a Jarrett fan...but I am a TNA mark. Understand that before I continue.

1. HHH is a better worker than JJ.

2. HHH is a bigger star than JJ has/will ever be.

3. HHH screwed Edge (who I don't like either) just to reestablish himself as a top heel...while ratings have TANKED since HHH has been the ONLY star allowed.

4. TNA is getting an honest to God prime time show on an honest to God national TV network after proving themselves in a terrible slot.

One is growing despite...the other is stagnant because.

HHH > JJ.

But Jarrett hurts his company less.

OK, I've got a breaking point with this stuff. I've been a good smark since I started posting in the WWE folder regularly again (pretty much since NYR), but the HHHaters are driving me crazy and forcing me into Hunter defender mode. The fact is that he hasn't been anywhere near the title since he put Batista over 3 PPVs in a row last year. This "HHH doesn't job" and "HHH hurts the company" stuff is ridiculous.

Cena didn't get the belt back because HHH wanted to main event Wrestlemania; he got the belt back because he's the only main event face they have on Raw who's not a washed-up bible thumper or a crazy old man. They don't have the balls to pencil RVD in for the main event of WM before he even re-debuts, so Cena's pretty much their only choice. This isn't a political move; it's a "WWE creative is too scared too think outside the box" move.

he got the belt back because he's the only main event face they have on Raw who's not a washed-up bible thumper or a crazy old man.

Because it would've been impossible for them to book Edge/Cena in the main, even though they actually have a backstory and all that jazz.

It would end up with both of them staring at each other for 60 minutes until it ends in a draw. That way they're both protected.

The build up would be a fashion show of leather/jean jacket vs white pants.

I'm not a Jarrett fan...but I am a TNA mark. Understand that before I continue.

1. HHH is a better worker than JJ.

2. HHH is a bigger star than JJ has/will ever be.

3. HHH screwed Edge (who I don't like either) just to reestablish himself as a top heel...while ratings have TANKED since HHH has been the ONLY star allowed.

4. TNA is getting an honest to God prime time show on an honest to God national TV network after proving themselves in a terrible slot.

One is growing despite...the other is stagnant because.

HHH > JJ.

But Jarrett hurts his company less.

Excellent analysis. I agree with you 100%

he got the belt back because he's the only main event face they have on Raw who's not a washed-up bible thumper or a crazy old man.

Because it would've been impossible for them to book Edge/Cena in the main, even though they actually have a backstory and all that jazz.

Tell me exactly how Edge/Cena would be a good main event for Wrestlemania when they just faced each other at New Year's Revolution and then again at the Royal Rumble.

First off, you can't really count NYR as a legit match between Edge and Cena. Second of all, if they had decided to go with Edge/Cena for the belt at Mania, I doubt they would have had Edge/Cena happen at the Rumble, and rather, had Edge/Flair for the belt at the Rumble while Cena entered the Rumble and won. Of course it's all hypothetical.

Tell me exactly how Edge/Cena would be a good main event for Wrestlemania when they just faced each other at New Year's Revolution and then again at the Royal Rumble.

Porter already said what I was gonna, but assuming they did wanna have Edge/Cena at the RR and at WM, they could've had a big schmoz ending for the RR match (hopefully with Edge breaking the belt over Cena's head; tell me that wouldn't be a sweet visual) which led to Cena demanding a rematch, but Vince is all like, "To get a rematch, you need to beat these people" and then Cena beats those people and they have their re-match.

Which is basically what they're doing anyway, with HHH about to win a tourney to get the title shot, except that you'd actually have a backstory and a feud in there, not just "rrrr I'm HHH I'm Jesus rrrr".

I agree with bps on every point except that HHH is a better worker than Jarrett. At one point, yes, that was true. But Jarrett 2006 is better than HHH 2006, IMO. Jarrett's a good worker, he just shouldn't be where he is on the card, whereas HHH is a credible main eventer who's workrate has decreased noticably over the last year.