TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Dames

Buffy The Vampire Slayer: Season 7

.....I just finished watching last season's finale and I'm PUMPED for Season 7.

The Buffy "preview" for the season premiere is this:

— Veteran Slayer-watchers will recall that Buffy's alma mater was razed at the end of the third season during a fight with a snake-demon mayor. Now revamped and restored, the school has a new crop of students, which includes Dawn. It also has a visitor, Buffy, who can't resist a chance to tour the facility. But her curiosity soon turns to dread when spirits from the old school materialize to harass her. Elsewhere, Giles consoles a guilt-ridden Willow."

Dames

Guest Youth N Asia

Take it easy rant...this show is a staple here at the board.

I'm more curious to see how they handle Spike this year...soul and all, last season everyone at the board shit all over it...I think it could turn out pretty good though.

Guest Big McLargeHuge

I see Rant still thinks this is some bopper show. :rolleyes:

I'm pumped as well. Mostly about Spike. I must admit I'm more excited about the new Angel season than anything else, though. Despite Connor's presence, it should rock.

Guest LaParkaMarka

Eww, Connor. Of course, if they can channel the yummy goodness that the show had before Connor was kidnapped, it'll be great.

As for Buffy...I'm hoping that the Spike thing is handled well, but it's always best to expect the worst. WWE has taught me that well. Nice to see Giles still around, which is cool. And I hope Xander becomes a vampire. Mostly because I hate Xander.

Guest Youth N Asia

Hate Xander???

How can you hate someone with lines like:

"I laugh in the face of danger, then I hide till it goes away."

and

"I'm just going to go home, lie down, and listen to country music, the music of pain."

Granted, the character isn't as good as he use to be...but a lot better then the "comedy character" on most shows.

Guest Big McLargeHuge

I hope Xander actually does something this season (I actually like the character). Sure he stopped Willow last season, but what in the past 5 years has he actually done that's benefitted the group?...exactly!

Guest Youth N Asia

I wouldn't be suprised if they hooked Xander and Willow up this year...with Willow being gay and all she's only done anything with Tara, it's not like they've had her going after other chicks...so there's still a chance that she might not be completly gay

And they might as well hook the two up before the series ends

Guest LaParkaMarka

Oh, you misunderstand. Xander is quite entertaining in the comedy role. But I just watched the end of Buffy Season 2 (where he's a giant dick) and the ep when Anya sleeps with Spike (where he's also a giant dick). And that reminded me of his wedding, wherein he was a giant dick. So it's made me dislike the character right now.

Doesn't mean he's not entertaining...the Double Xander ep is one of my favorites.

Giles - "You appear to be a...bad influence on yourself."

I really wonder what Xander could do this season though...I suppose him and Anya could get back together, but I doubt that. And I *really* hope he doesn't hook up with Willow, since she's supposed to be gay now. Hmm..ideas, anyone?

EDIT : Damn, I loved that "music of pain" line. That's just classic.

Guest Big McLargeHuge

Maybe he'll finally hook up with Buffy? Hey, why not? If you had told me in the second season of Buffy that Angel and Cordelia would hook up (it's not official yet, but it has to go down this season) I would've laughed in your face and then farted in it.

You never know...and knowing is half the battle. It works, shut up.

Guest LaParkaMarka

You know...a Buffy/Spike/Xander love triangle dealy might not be that bad. Feel sorry for whoever she rejects. Of course, knowing this show, she'd reject both and they'd all be sad.

Good point about Cordy/Angel...Joss always has a few suprises up his sleeve. And who knows what they could do if Faith does come back. Eliza Dushku is some sort of divine entity.

Guest converge241

i actually might have to watch "Angel" because Faith is back this season

"Eliza Dushku is some sort of divine entity."

yes she is

if you own:

The New Guy

Bring It On

Soul Survivors

Bye Bye Love

then you are hopelessly lost in the wonder of elisa

(didnt include True lies because shes too young, or JSBSB because its the only good movie shes ever been in)

Guest Ripper

All I know is this

Claire Kramer(Glory) and Adam Busch(Warren) and the Dush all make guest apperacnces this year. And come on, Seth Green doesn't have shit else to do...

I can't wait for the new season. I cringed at the Spike souling at first, but now I have had a chance to imagine the posibilities, and I am HYPED!!!

Guest Ozymandias

The Master and Adam also make guest appearances.

Q: Did anyone else feel that the Season 6 two-part finale redeemed most of the whole season? Personally I felt the first 3rd of the year was great, and that things only got bad after 'Tabula Rasa' (NOT a coincidence that G-dog left at that same time). But man when they got bad, they got BAD. But after the finale I liked the season much more.

Guest LaParkaMarka

Well, the show was just so gloomy after Tabula Rasa. Like, who wants to watch characters go through a TON of crap? That's not fun to watch, that's just depressing. But apparently they're going for a more happy go lucky Buffy this season, which seems rather nice.

Guest cobainwasmurdered
i actually might have to watch "Angel" because Faith is back this season

"Eliza Dushku is some sort of divine entity."

yes she is

if you own:

The New Guy

Bring It On

Soul Survivors

Bye Bye Love

then you are hopelessly lost in the wonder of elisa

(didnt include True lies because shes too young, or JSBSB because its the only good movie shes ever been in)

She was also good In City By The Sea.

Oh buffy...yeah I love the show. I don't enjoy it as much since they graduated from High School though.

Guest Youth N Asia

I thought season 6 was on pace to be the worst yet...and it still might be.

But somehow the muscial along with the final really pulled itself out of the gutter.

Guest Youth N Asia

He went to this demon guy and wanted things "the way they use to be"...so he had to fight a ton of demons and whatnot (tests)...he eventually beat them all and got his wish.

And the guy twisted his words and gave him back his soul...and that was the final shot of season 6.

Guest areacode212

From DVD Times:

Buffy Season 3 Region 1 date

Posted by Matthew Fuller on Saturday, 21 September 2002 at 21:28 GMT

Just a very brief piece of news for Buffy fans: Fox have set a release date for the Region 1 release of Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 3 of 7 January. There are no details of the set available just yet, but it is fair to assume that it will be comparable to the Region 2/4 release at roughly half the price.

Guest Kingpk

Hmm, when they said they were going back to earlier Buffy, I guess they weren't kidding.

One show in, and I'm already confused.

Guest Ripper

The show itself was so so, but it looks like James Marsters is well on his way to deserving a Emmy and getting nothing. Psycho spike was great. And that ENTIRE sequence at the end was the SHIOT. WARREN, GLORY, ADAM, THE MAYOR, DRUCILLA...wait...what the hell...(The WB couldn't have not been arses for a second and let Angel be there for all of 7 seconds) um....THE MASTER!!!! The show had me just looking on but that end...it has me wanting more for next week.

Guest El Satanico
Well, the show was just so gloomy after Tabula Rasa. Like, who wants to watch characters go through a TON of crap?

I like seeing that and while i still like the show i always wished Buffy did it more then they do. Sometimes Buffy has too much "haha" and not enough "holy shit".

Oh yeah and the Season Premiere wasn't bad. It wasn't amazingly good and interesting, but it set up the new season well.

Guest Youth N Asia

When they were going through the bad guys I was thinking "Ah shit, Warren," and that turned into "Whoa! Glory...maybe they're sharing a body," then that went to "Adam??? Well at least the Mayor should be next," and so on...

I liked how they finished the show...gives you one of those "What the hell was that about" feelings.

They usually don't try and confuse us this early in the season...I'm looking forward to season 7, I have high expectations.

I'm REALLY curious as to why Spike was seeing all of them. My first thought was "Hey, they were all technically dead" including Buffy, but I don't know if Dru counts then because she's still alive...but vampire's are dead.

Oh shit, now I'm confused.

Dames

Guest brokentusk16

Seems that the "big bad" is somehow related to Buffy. The Primitive Slayer brought back somehow?

I don't know, I just want the show to delve more into the whole "finding out about the origins of the Slayer" plot that Whedon said we'd get TWO YEARS AGO!!

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I liked season 6 because it was darker.

The episode where Buffy was in the institution is one of my favorites...I loved the musical...and the episode where Warren, a regular guy in the midst of a show dealing with anything but regular people, came out with a gun and fucking killed a main character was the perfect perfect perfect thing for the show.

At least IMO.

And...yeah...the end of this episode was cool...I can't wait to have it explained to me.

Guest LaParkaMarka

The end of the ep was wicked. I'm very interested as to where this is all going.

One bad thing though: what happened to Spike's hair? The horror.

Guest Youth N Asia
what happened to Spike's hair? The horror.

Dunno...maybe when he got his soul back his hair got all whimpy too.

I still stand by my take that season 6 was the worst...some good eps at the end, and the muscial was great...but still my least fav (too many people shit all over season 4)

We usualy don't learn who the big bad is for sure till almost half way through the season...so it'll be interesting to see where they go from here.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

hmm...

ranking seasons, eh?

6. Season 4

5. Season 3

4. Season 6

3. Season 1

2. Season 5

1. Season 2 (I'll admit...I weep)

I really disliked season 3.

Sign in to follow this